1 reply to this topic

#1 Ali DSD

Ali DSD

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:22 PM

Hi Guys,
I took the risk and flashed the Advanced firmware (2. 3) to ELF, and amazingly the tablet was able to boot but I couldn't unlock because touch screen was not working. I think it's due to the different touch screen drivers.
I know there is already a gingerbread for Elf but due to some reason I want to do it myself.

Can anybody help me to port the touch screen driver from Elf gingerbread to advanced gingerbread so that it can be flashed on elf.

I will be very thankful.

Sent from my novo7_ELF using Tapatalk

#2 Dansplans

Dansplans

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

Hi Guys,
I took the risk and flashed the Advanced firmware (2. 3) to ELF, and amazingly the tablet was able to boot but I couldn't unlock because touch screen was not working. I think it's due to the different touch screen drivers.
I know there is already a gingerbread for Elf but due to some reason I want to do it myself.

Can anybody help me to port the touch screen driver from Elf gingerbread to advanced gingerbread so that it can be flashed on elf.

I will be very thankful.

Sent from my novo7_ELF using Tapatalk

From my understanding, and I'm not a developer, touchscreen drivers are compiled with the kernel. There are developers out there who are working on compiling the touch drivers as a seperate module from the kernel. In short, simply porting the driver files probably will not work.

I would spend some serious time reading in some developer forums such as XDA to see if what you want can be accomplished.....

Edited by Dansplans, 23 March 2012 - 08:15 PM.

AndroidTabletFirmware.com
FlashMyAndroid.com

Ainol Novo 7 Advanced
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II
OEM Novo 7 Advanced
Ainol Novo 7 Elf
Ainol Novo 7 Aurora
Teclast P76
C91 Zepad
Onda Vi10 Elite Elf
Ampe A90

0 user(s) are reading this topic