Email pandigital about getting us source code

• Please log in to reply
209 replies to this topic

#201 Cool12309

Cool12309

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

That's odd, above, because I also got mine for Christmas but only have 2.0. There are a lot of apps I can't use (and that I wan't) because it's too low of a version. :(

But I do agree that I want the source code (I meaning others, I can't do anything with code) so we can get better Android versions.

#202 pandigital novel 7"

pandigital novel 7"

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:48 AM

I continued the e-mails.

#203 TheFonz

TheFonz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:32 AM

Email sent!

(bump to the top! I want to see what this team can do with once we have it!)
Currently Own:

Pandigital Novel (White) - 7" ARM-powered Tablet. Running Kewlguy's Firmware and an ICS Launcher

Ployer MOMO8 - 8" A10 Tablet. Just about to dig in and make it my own...

#204 merddynemrys

merddynemrys

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:19 PM

I recently emailed Pandigital, repeatedly, to get the kernel and/or source code, and keep getting a form letter that my email was sent to their development team. I have been doing this since the device hit the street.

Now I want to ask EVERY SINGLE MEMBER (THIS MEANS YOU) interested in or currently owning a PDN to email customer_service@pandigital.net and/or public_relations@pandigital.net and ask them to release the kernel and/or source code, and if possible to address the possibility of getting the PDN up to Android 2.1.

Feel free to tell them you're a member, and feel free to tell them we're the largest Android Tablet Forum on the web. Gentouch developers are actually POSTING on that board. I would be nice if Pandigital could express similar interest in the novel.

DONE & DONE (I also added a few choice words about TOTAL LACK of acknowledgement or response to CUSTOMER requests for support over the failure of the "official" Pandigital 7 Android Apps installation upgrade (I can't update by either method in the Pandigital Docs and the same problem is being reported by other users).

Edited by merddynemrys, 01 February 2012 - 06:19 PM.

#205 Kudalufi

Kudalufi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:54 AM

Potentially good news, an outside company may help put pressure on Pandigital.
Ex Turbo Modestum

#206 megahambone

megahambone

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

I sent an email 2 days ago and I didn't even get the courtesy of a response.

#207 Sandroid

Sandroid

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:34 AM

Hi guys, Is there any status update with this? Has anyone found the source code at all ? PND said they would make it available a couple of years ago, still nothing ???

#208 resonantSoul

resonantSoul

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:34 AM

FYI, anyone answering the phone or email has absolutely no ability to help here. They have no influence over anyone who has access.

However, let me just leave this here...

http://www.bbb.org/g...ublin-ca-203146

#209 bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

FYI, anyone answering the phone or email has absolutely no ability to help here. They have no influence over anyone who has access.

However, let me just leave this here...

http://www.bbb.org/g...ublin-ca-203146

According to that link Pandigital is being liquidated. Gone. Out of business.

Couldn't have happened to a better company, you ask me. These guys could have had something great if they'd only cooperated with the community, instead I'd wager most Pandigital Novel customers steered clear from Pandigital with their next purchase...

Hopefully other companies will take a lesson from this and realize that not only is open a feature, but having a community grow up around your device is a killer app of the best kind. Kill that enthusiasm and you are killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2
  • mrsburnout likes this

Join the Marriage Strike!

Community||Essay|Backlash!
The Lie that is Single in the Suburbs

Got a Virgin Mobile USA smartphone?
Check these guys out!

#210 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,266 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

According to that link Pandigital is being liquidated. Gone. Out of business.

Couldn't have happened to a better company, you ask me. These guys could have had something great if they'd only cooperated with the community, instead I'd wager most Pandigital Novel customers steered clear from Pandigital with their next purchase...

Hopefully other companies will take a lesson from this and realize that not only is open a feature, but having a community grow up around your device is a killer app of the best kind. Kill that enthusiasm and you are killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for pointing this out. :good: +1

I couldn't agree more. Refused to support PD with another purchase myself due to their lack of support/source.

:drinks:
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers