• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ste-vv

ste-vv

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

I'm running the PR72_A_BN_W_A_C_12022011 and every time I check the FW update - it tells me I'm up to date

I know there is a more current version - and there used to a way to get to FW site at Pandigital but they locked that down for some reason

- any one load this to mediafire?

#2 poets0215

poets0215

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:09 AM

I have PR72 a bn w a c 12192011 if you want

#3 frank01liny

frank01liny

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:54 AM

I'm running the PR72_A_BN_W_A_C_12022011 and every time I check the FW update - it tells me I'm up to date
I know there is a more current version - and there used to a way to get to FW site at Pandigital but they locked that down for some reason
- any one load this to mediafire?

another thing you may want to try if you want to upgrade your older stock FW with the latest stock FW.

0) remember to backup your planet's apps (and data) with Titanium backup (always a good thing to do)
1) download the Pandigital Novel FW Upgrader app from the Pandigital website and install
2) connect your pandigital planet to your pc via usb
3) run the upgrader app and follow the steps. it should recognize your planet, download the latest firmware for it and upgrade it.

-frank

#4 11gersj

11gersj

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:03 AM

I know this is kind of out of place on this thread, however...

My planet was upgrading FW to PR72 A BN W A C 12192011, but got stuck somehow. It just endlessly boot cycles at the PD screen with the green load bar. If I boot to recovery mode, it recognizes the package and tries to install, but never completes and just keep boot cycling. I tried pushing some updates on a fresh SD, but I cant get the PD to even recognize the SD. It just reboots. Any ideas?

#5 Alley

Alley

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSouth end of Dallas/Ft. Worth

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:56 PM

I know this is kind of out of place on this thread, however...

My planet was upgrading FW to PR72 A BN W A C 12192011, but got stuck somehow. It just endlessly boot cycles at the PD screen with the green load bar. If I boot to recovery mode, it recognizes the package and tries to install, but never completes and just keep boot cycling. I tried pushing some updates on a fresh SD, but I cant get the PD to even recognize the SD. It just reboots. Any ideas?

Try redownloading the rom file from Pandigital, maybe you have a corrupt download? Or try the rooted rom on here and see if that will load.

#6 colgate

colgate

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

If you still have pr72_a_bn_wac_12192011 , I can use it.

#7 chambejp

chambejp

Agent P!

• PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • LocationEvergreen State

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

What never ceases to amaze me is how people never try to figure things out for themselves. Pandigital still offers a mirrior site for downloading straight from a web browser all firmware types. It may not be readily apparent but damn try and look for it a bit more in depth. Do a google search for pandigital firmware downloads, bam a link to pandigital novel firmwares on slatedroid pops up. Click on the link in the post and it takes you to a mirror for the novel. change the address at the top to erase everything after FW then click on Tablets since it's the only other option besides Novel and DPF and you have neither. Then click on whichever your device is. However they do not have the firmware you are referring to. Nor do I and I downloaded all of them awhile ago.

Link Here

#8 ste-vv

ste-vv

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:54 AM

What never ceases to amaze me is how people never try to figure things out for themselves. Pandigital still offers a mirrior site for downloading straight from a web browser all firmware types. It may not be readily apparent but damn try and look for it a bit more in depth. Do a google search for pandigital firmware downloads, bam a link to pandigital novel firmwares on slatedroid pops up. Click on the link in the post and it takes you to a mirror for the novel. change the address at the top to erase everything after FW then click on Tablets since it's the only other option besides Novel and DPF and you have neither. Then click on whichever your device is. However they do not have the firmware you are referring to. Nor do I and I downloaded all of them awhile ago.

Link Here

Your comments were true at one time about Pandigital offering firmware for the planet for download with the link you have posted - but it's been obsolete for a long time. They switched their server to a different one which I used all the time and then something happened earlier this year where they blocked it check here and see the error message - link

But if you know the exact name and location you can still get the f/w I have PR72_A_BN_W_A_C_12022011.zip

Pandigital expect that we use the update f/w app which has never worked for me and I hoping that someone on the slatedroid community would have a later copy (if in fact the planet is even supported by Pandigital anymore)

#9 bigtsr

bigtsr

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:49 AM

I have a PDP but it's a R70A200FR and it
shows the fw as PR74_A_AM_W_AC_09132011 .
I am newbie and not sure if this relavent
to this discussion but if it is let me know.

#10 chambejp

chambejp

Agent P!

• PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:18 PM

Your comments were true at one time about Pandigital offering firmware for the planet for download with the link you have posted - but it's been obsolete for a long time. They switched their server to a different one which I used all the time and then something happened earlier this year where they blocked it check here and see the error message - link

But if you know the exact name and location you can still get the f/w I have PR72_A_BN_W_A_C_12022011.zip

Pandigital expect that we use the update f/w app which has never worked for me and I hoping that someone on the slatedroid community would have a later copy (if in fact the planet is even supported by Pandigital anymore)

Basically you just proved my point. It's there with just a little bit of trying.

EDIT:

Interesting. Yesterday when I wrote my post it was freely browsable. Now it's giving me a 403

403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

Edited by chambejp, 16 August 2012 - 01:20 PM.

#11 jondar

jondar

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:49 AM

Interesting. Yesterday when I wrote my post it was freely browsable. Now it's giving me a 403

403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

I'm surprised you found it freely browsable at all. It's given me nothing but 403's since January, except when pointing to a specific filename.

#12 chambejp

chambejp

Agent P!

• PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:36 AM

Ya Weird stuff

#13 Adeus666

Adeus666

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

I have a PDP but it's a R70A200FR and it
shows the fw as PR74_A_AM_W_AC_09132011 .
I am newbie and not sure if this relavent
to this discussion but if it is let me know.

Do you possibly have a bootable backup? I've been going nuts trying to unbrick mine but it seems ours is a very rare version

#14 bigtsr

bigtsr

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:14 AM

Do you possibly have a bootable backup? I've been going nuts trying to unbrick mine but it seems ours is a very rare version

If someone would tell me how to go about extracting the file
I would be more than happy to do it.
I have an app "DooBlou WIFI File Explorer" that appears to give
me access to the PDP file structure has anyone else have experience
with it?

#15 wrclvr

wrclvr

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

I have tried as well but my PDP wont connect to the site any more ( pandigital.net ) Ther is no link anymore for the planet downloads only the Novel.

Does anyone know if Pandigital has terminated support for the Planet..that would explain it and the lack of a newer firmware ?

#16 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,276 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

I have tried as well but my PDP wont connect to the site any more ( pandigital.net ) Ther is no link anymore for the planet downloads only the Novel.

Does anyone know if Pandigital has terminated support for the Planet..that would explain it and the lack of a newer firmware ?

PD liquidated and went bankrupt
RE: http://www.slatedroi...-to-pandigital/
RE: http://www.slatedroi...pandigital-rip/

Pandigital's mirrors have been down since late October.
Hopefully someone with stock FW's will upload?

good luck...
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#17 zinbo

zinbo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

Hi
if you still have the fw can you email it to me, I was playing around with my pd and I think I messed up the fw... maybe reinstalling it will help
Highly appreciated.

#18 mvita

mvita

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

Hello poets0215,
Desperately looking for this firmware so as to get my Planet revived again.
PLEASE send me a link where I can download it from. Much appreciated.
Thanks a lot.