Photo

Hard reset IS possible - hidden reset button!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 empathyislost

empathyislost

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know I thought I bricked my Elf by letting the battery die while doing a firmware flash. There is seemingly not a reset button, but thanks to MrTasselhoff's teardown pictures for Merimobiles, I found that there IS a reset button button IN the mic hole! I pushed a pin in there and held it down for 10 seconds, then pushed it a few times just in case the holding didn't do anything. Plugged into my PC and it immediately recognized the tablet.

Thanks MrTasselhoff, and thanks to the other user (can't find the thread right now) who pointed out the reset button on the image!

#2 FrankenCub

FrankenCub

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:05 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know I thought I bricked my Elf by letting the battery die while doing a firmware flash. There is seemingly not a reset button, but thanks to MrTasselhoff's teardown pictures for Merimobiles, I found that there IS a reset button button IN the mic hole! I pushed a pin in there and held it down for 10 seconds, then pushed it a few times just in case the holding didn't do anything. Plugged into my PC and it immediately recognized the tablet.

Thanks MrTasselhoff, and thanks to the other user (can't find the thread right now) who pointed out the reset button on the image!

The reset button is shown in this thread. Second row, fourth picture. The mic is the black round part, the reset button is the white part between the mic and case.
Just for anyone who want's to look ;)

It's kinda funny, I looked at that thread before a couple times and never paid any attention to the blatantly obvious reset button :lol:

Edited by FrankenCub, 18 March 2012 - 11:12 PM.

#3 ikorodu

ikorodu

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:46 AM

This is a very well timed post as far as I'm concerned! My Elf would just not switch on yesterday. It had been working prior to this, I powered it down by holding teh power button and selecting power off on the screen and then plugged it in to charge. I come back to it around 4 hours later and it would not power up. Tried holding the power button for 30 seconds and still nothing. Its not recognised when I plug it in to a PC either, or when I have tried to use livesuite. It would appear that this reset button is my only hope! I'll try it when home tonight.

Thanks for the heads-up!

ikorodu

#4 ssshoe

ssshoe

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:55 AM

The reset button is shown in this thread. Second row, fourth picture. The mic is the black round part, the reset button is the white part between the mic and case.

It's kinda funny, I looked at that thread before a couple times and never paid any attention to the blatantly obvious reset button :lol:

Great find!!. Thanks for the information.
Novo 7 Advanced
GB 2.3.4 - feyiu 2.03.
Novo 7 Elf - 32gb SD
GB 2.3.4 - Roman Automod 2.4 - Tasselhof Root/Market - Bravia Engine - GoLauncher EX.
Apps - Google (Voice,Mail,Docs,Reader,Talk) Flash 11.1- SetCPU-CalenGoo-GrooveIP-Skype-Dolphin-Netflix-Webkey-Youtube-Titanium-Root Uninstall-Ghost Commander.

Novo 7 Aurora FT5XTS - 32gb SD
ICS 4.0.3 ECR 1.0- V6 Supercharger - Bravia Engine - GoLauncher EX.
Apps - Google (Voice,Mail,Docs,Reader,Talk) Flash 11.1- SetCPU-GrooveIP-Skype-Dolphin-Webkey-Youtube-Titanium-Root Uninstall-Ghost Commander.

#5 empathyislost

empathyislost

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:29 PM

Thanks, that's the thread I was referring to. searching and typing with one hand while holding a newborn in the other wasn't happening last night :)

#6 mosgeo2000

mosgeo2000

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

Thanks for the info -- think this is going to come in handy.

#7 kidd73

kidd73

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

that's good to here. I didn't think it worked. Either that or I ruined the mic sticking paper clips in there!