Can't reflash update.zip

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 silentmage

silentmage

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

I followed the guide with no issues. Everything was copied over fine. The market will not download apps. Everything gives me a download unsuccessful error. If I put an app on the SD card I can't sideload it, seems like there is no package installer. Got the stock update.zip to reflash 2.2 but when I boot to recovery I get the android with the exclamation point and it sits. Is there a way to flash the stock image without recovery?

#2 d3mlg0d

d3mlg0d

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

I'm in a similar boat it seems. If anyone has a T10x and CWM-based recovery, could you possibly make a nandroid backup and host it somewhere? It would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Here's what happened:

I hard-reset the device after installing CWM recovery. It's down to A2.0 at this point, so I grab the 2.2 update file to get back to froyo. Boot into recovery, install the zip, it gets about halfway on the status indicator while flashing system.img, but then fails claiming an error in update.zip (Status 0). System hangs at 2nd Cruz logo on boot.

So, can someone create a backup of their (hopefully clean) system and host it somewhere that I might regain my Cruz?

Lacking that, anybody have any other suggestions how to correct?

#3 ruisu

ruisu

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

i am in the same problem, and i am trying to revive my t301, some people have managed to do this in here http://www.slatedroi...borked-my-t301/

#4 rumplenelskin

rumplenelskin

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:54 PM

I'm rowing the same canoe as everyone on this thread. If anyone has any luck defeating this beast, please share your techniques as we all seem to need the help.

#5 rumplenelskin

rumplenelskin

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

A quick update. I fixed my tablet and I want to share how as I haven't seen any other posts explaining this to new-comers. Once I got my device recognized by adb I was able to
>adb push c:\boot.img /data/boot.img
>adb push c:\system.img /data/system.img
>adb push c:\recovery.cpio.img /data/recovery.cpio.img
>adb shell
#inand_flash_image boot /data/boot.img
#inand_flash_image recovery /data/recovery.img
#inand_flash_image system /data/system.img

I got these files from the original update.zip from VM and found the recovery.cpio.img online somewhere.(google it)

This flashed me back to a working stock rom. The good news is no more brick and I can now play with confidence since if I brick it again I know how to fix it.

#6 amosovmaxim

amosovmaxim

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:47 AM

Hi .Im instal ClockWorkMod Recovery v5.5.0.4. Then im wont be install android 2.2. Im download the official firmware and update.
When update system.img i occurred error "E:Error in /sdcard/update/zip (stasus 0)"
Then im reload my table and they hanged on loading.
Help me please.
i do this:
When i do
>adb shell

Error:
- exec '/system/bin/sh' Failed: No such file of directory <2> -

Whot me do. Thanks

#7 Bill W

Bill W

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

A quick update. I fixed my tablet and I want to share how as I haven't seen any other posts explaining this to new-comers. Once I got my device recognized by adb I was able to
>adb shell
#inand_flash_image boot /data/boot.img
#inand_flash_image recovery /data/recovery.img
#inand_flash_image system /data/system.img

I got these files from the original update.zip from VM and found the recovery.cpio.img online somewhere.(google it)

This flashed me back to a working stock rom. The good news is no more brick and I can now play with confidence since if I brick it again I know how to fix it.

Could you please direct me to where you found the recovery.cpio.img download? I googled it and couldn't find it. Thanks.

#8 Bill W

Bill W

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:43 AM

Could you please direct me to where you found the recovery.cpio.img download? I googled it and couldn't find it. Thanks.

I found it; it's here: http://www.slatedroi...formatted-t103/

#9 wd4oay

wd4oay

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

I ran into the same boat. Here's how I fixed it... The problem is that you can't install the 2.2.1 update from CWM at all. You have to restore your stock recovery in order to update the tablet. What I did in the stock 2.0 rom was to make sure that it was rooted and using an app called root browser lite or something similar do a search for "recovery". You will find a hidden app that will let you restore your stock recovery (I think it was in the system folder). You must have a copy of "recovery.cpio.img" (see attachment). Rename it to recovery.img Place a copy of it in the base of your sdcard and in your system folder and then run the recovery app. Have the 2.2.1 update on your sdcard. After the app runs, your tablet will reboot to stock recovery and automatically run update.zip, updating your tablet to 2.2.1. You will have to re-root your tablet again and install CWM again if you want it back. Also, while still in Android 2.0, you might want to make a copy/backup of that recovery app that reinstalls the stock recovery, as it disappears when you update to 2.2.1. Good Luck!

#10 RGIII

RGIII

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

Newbie....LOL, as they say. Im having the same problem except its with The READER R102 model. Got it for my son-birthday in a week-and very desperate to get iot flashed and rooted before i give it to him. Having a hard time downloading JDK 4.0, does anyone have any suggestions??

#11 Sco2004

Sco2004

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Few days of headache and I found solution which working for me (from Windows). Problem was the same - T104 - after I put CWM recovery I tried to return the stock 2.2 rom and... "error in /sdcard/update/zip (stasus 0)" bla bla.. 2.2 rom not compatible with CWM...

but old 2.0 rom going fine from CWM!

Available from here:
http://cruzsupport.v...folderID=118198

So now we have working tablet again but for next steps we'll need root - I just put file Superuser-3.0.7-bb-mips32-froyo.zip to memory card and flash it from CWM. Then we need to restart cruz normally to OS and return the stock recovery:

connect to PC and use adb (take boot.img from update.zip of 2.2 stock rom and put boot.img and recovery.cpio.img on the root of drive C):

>adb shell

#flash_image boot /data/boot.img
#flash_image recovery /data/recovery.cpio.img

and finally flash the 2.2 stock rom normally (as described on VelocityMicro)

Done.

#12 tehsux88

tehsux88

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:55 AM

I'm getting this error as well, and there doesn't seem to be a solution addressed as to how to fix it. I can't boot now into the OS, and I keep going back to CWM. :(

- exec '/system/bin/sh' Failed: No such file of directory <2> -

Edited by tehsux88, 07 February 2013 - 03:05 AM.