Photo

[ROM] Hybrid 5.2 for 10 inch aPad (updated August 10th)

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#41 xaueious

xaueious

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:56 AM

[quote name='Zap!;32745]Yes' date=' that is my mistake. Another user had me convinced they were the same specs. My M16+ tablet appears to be unique so far, with the following specs:CPU: HW-1100FSB: RAM11 600MhzMemory: DDR2 128MBNandflash: MLC Nand 2GBExtended TF card; U diskLCD display: 10.1" TFT display ,1024*600[/QUOTE'] Zap you need to check other things first. But we are missing info on Orphan's so called products.

#42 Zap!

Zap!

Advanced Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:39 AM

[quote name='Loonix;32203]Uhm' date=' Zap... the aPad with Rockchip is flashed through a utility on the PC and not from the SD-card.According to my google results you have a HW-1100 processor and not a RC2808a like the aPad.[/QUOTE'] I got it to link to my PC running Vista by pointing the driver to a file called rk28usb.sys. I went ahead and flashed the ROM despite the risk. After some (a lot actually) nervousness, the update worked with no (apparent problems). I know the company says my tablet has an HW-1100, but they may be mistaken since the update appears to have went well.

#43 rogerbraun

rogerbraun

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:18 PM

Small update: I tried to fix the fullscreen issue, but it is not as easily solved as I thought (ha! never had THAT happen to me before!). Also, fullscreen video even fails for me on the original firmware! I love working on the aPad!

#44 rogerbraun

rogerbraun

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:03 PM

OK, fixed the bug by modifying the original video player. Find the new 5.2 release in the download section.

#45 Loonix

Loonix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:39 AM

Roger you are unstopable! :)(do you ever sleep? o.O)

#46 dankybett

dankybett

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:21 AM

Thanks roger! So glad you fixed this as I am going on holiday this Saturday and wanted to watch videos on the plane. Perfect timing! I have just installed it and can confirm that videos work full screen now. Cheers.

#47 pdpaxm

pdpaxm

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:07 AM

Hi, I really want to run this 5.2 update however very new to all this and still not sure how to do it..First I have my apad connected up to the pc (windows7) with the usb cable it is plugged in the mains but on/off button is off, do I now hold the vol up on but this does nothing?Also what to I do with the IMG file, burn to a cd?Sorry for the silly comments but quite a newbie to this! :)THanks in advanceAndy

#48 justajason

justajason

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:44 PM

[quote name='Zap!;33423]I got it to link to my PC running Vista by pointing the driver to a file called rk28usb.sys. I went ahead and flashed the ROM despite the risk. After some (a lot actually) nervousness' date=' the update worked with no (apparent problems). I know the company says my tablet has an HW-1100, but they may be mistaken since the update appears to have went well.[/QUOTE'] Where can I find that driver? Ive been fiddling wround with it for a bit, and its not as easy as flashing the ZT-180. They actually have a burn tool..

#49 justajason

justajason

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:43 PM

Ok, ive found the flash tool on tabletstoreuk site. Along with the drivers. This build is mighty nice.. Cant wait for further development. And possibly 2.1?

#50 campacavallo

campacavallo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 02:52 AM

Ok roger fullscreen works fine, it's great! :)but now won't scan usb for videos.. so i try to apktoolize this videoplayer but i get this error:campa@stalla:~/myandroid/aPad$ apktool d -d RockVideoPlayer.apk RockVideoPlayer-fsI: Baksmaling...Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find the packed switch statement corresponding to the packed switch data at address 2 at org.jf.baksmali.Adaptors.MethodDefinition.getPackedSwitchBaseAddress(Unknown Source) at org.jf.baksmali.Adaptors.Format.PackedSwitchMethodItem.(Unknown Source) at org.jf.baksmali.Adaptors.Format.InstructionMethodItemFactory.makeInstructionFormatMethodItem(Unknown Source) at org.jf.baksmali.Adaptors.MethodDefinition.getMethodItems(Unknown Source) at org.jf.baksmali.Adaptors.MethodDefinition.writeTo(Unknown Source) at org.jf.baksmali.Adaptors.ClassDefinition.writeMethods(Unknown Source) at org.jf.baksmali.Adaptors.ClassDefinition.writeDirectMethods(Unknown Source) at org.jf.baksmali.Adaptors.ClassDefinition.writeTo(Unknown Source) at brut.androlib.src.SmaliDecoder.decodeClassDefItem(Unknown Source) at brut.androlib.src.SmaliDecoder.decode(Unknown Source) at brut.androlib.src.SmaliDecoder.decode(Unknown Source) at brut.androlib.Androlib.decodeSourcesSmali(Unknown Source) at brut.androlib.ApkDecoder.decode(Unknown Source) at brut.apktool.Main.cmdDecode(Unknown Source) at brut.apktool.Main.main(Unknown Source)really i don't understand what is this damn "packed switch statement"....

#51 xaoc

xaoc

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:07 PM

Posted ImageI updated to you rom and have a white bar at border of screen ..Anyway to fix it ?Anyone ?Also rotation not work .. and buttons binding wrong to .. volume not working just dim the screen ..

#52 campacavallo

campacavallo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:21 AM

rotation works, try to upside your apad and upside again.. wait some time :D and screen rotate!!

#53 xaoc

xaoc

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:28 AM

Anyone help with wite bar problem (See previous post)? so annoying ..

#54 campacavallo

campacavallo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:40 AM

retry download and reflash.. no blank row appears on my flashed apad

#55 xaoc

xaoc

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:33 PM

already tryed my friend .. smae result

#56 iyusa

iyusa

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:04 PM

Can it flashed in 8" ??

#57 lezyamin

lezyamin

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:11 PM

i have updated my device with 10" Hybrid 5.2 ROM and now i cannot format my sd card and canot use it at all on my device. What should i do?

#58 campacavallo

campacavallo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:19 AM

format your sdcard from windows NOT from apad

#59 lezyamin

lezyamin

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 11:48 AM