Photo

[ROM] Hybrid 5.2 for 10 inch aPad (updated August 10th)

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 campacavallo

campacavallo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:51 AM

i extracted rockvideoplayer's from hybrid, hybrid5.1, hybrid4.5.. but no one works! :(all crashes on launch, and i have no time to debug them.. then i'm curious to get the rockvideoplayer from original rom to test the differences and test if work!if anyone can obtain original firmw is a greatful thing!

#22 okivimak

okivimak

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:06 PM

Roger and Xau: If/when you come to Finland I'll warmup a "savusauna" (smoke sauna) for you guys and ice cold beer as much as you can handle to go. No empty promise! PERKELE! :DI am very grateful for all the developers work, and go Roger go!Have done some small work on DVB-S STB movie utils on free time myself some years ago..I attached my 10" aPad original ROM videoplayer. I have had no problems though fullscreen with any of the players, the Roger's ROM one is the best.At work I usually like to have base + diff = new revision. So here if I need to know the diff, I can ask new revision - base = diff. Minimize asking stupid questions from you and soon I'll be as wise as you guys! ..or not, and stick to developing motor control for ABB frequency converters.. :D

#23 rogerbraun

rogerbraun

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:50 PM

I guess the problem is in libsurfaceflinger or some other library. I'll try to fix it tomorrow. I'll also upload the original firmware, but it's really not that great... The way I made this was essentially to take the 5.1 system.img for the red aPad, add the calibration code for the 10 inch and bundle it into the update.img. The background problem is also no real problem: The background image I use is just to small, that's all. You should be able to change it without problems. I tried to change it with apktool, but I encountered some strange error, probably a bug in the latest apktool. It will not build a working framework-res.apk for me. If anyone want's to try, here is how it should work:0. unpack update.img, system.img1. apktool d system/framework/framework-res.apk2. change default_wallpaper.jpg in framework-res/res/drawable3. repack: apktool b framework-res4. re-sign the apk (search for "android autosign")5. repack system.img (mkcramfs)6. flash and enjoy your larger background imageokivimak: So you are using the original rom with different video players, and all work? Good to see other people getting into rom hacking. Thanks for your offer, BTW ;-)

#24 xaueious

xaueious

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:01 PM

roger u just have to resign it. works with apkmanager

#25 campacavallo

campacavallo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:15 AM

This RockVideoPlayer won't work for me :(when starting say an error and logcat show is a "hardware_test permission denied" when it set background brightness..so i decompiled and fix that funcion (simply return-void) and now work, or seems works finetoday i try a fullscreen video@okivimak: you actually use rom of rogerbraun with original rockvideoplayer and works?

#26 rogerbraun

rogerbraun

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:43 AM

xaueious: Look at step 4 ;-) I signed the apk, but it somehow produced a broken file.

#27 campacavallo

campacavallo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:21 AM

@roger: this should works.. no error in repack & sign..i have changed only the default_wallpaper and unfortunatly i can't try this todaynb: for some stranger reason i can't upload this as attachment so i hosted on megauploadframework-res.apk

#28 xaueious

xaueious

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:07 AM

I know roger. I think there was something I read about either copying or regenerating the META-INF folder that affects it. ApkManager resigns framework-res properly, and I have not looked at the script. The command is likely trivial, but since Apk manager works so well, I never had to figure it out. Apk Manager 4.8 - Makes Modifying Ur Apk A Breeze (Windows/Linux) - xda-developersJar files need to be renamed as apk files. I typically just copy the META-INF folder over from the original, or copy the dex depending on what I remember to do. I don't recall if the simple resign does the trick too.

#29 rogerbraun

rogerbraun

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:24 AM

What i do:.- Take the (working) framework-res.apk from 5.1 for the 10 inch aPad.- put it into the "place-apk-here-for-modding" folder.- without changes: decompile, compile, sign.- copy repacked-signed.apk to framework and replace framework-res.apk with it.What I get:Posted Image

#30 okivimak

okivimak

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:25 AM

@campacavallo:No, with Roger's ROM I use the one he put in it, not the original videoplayer. Sorry if I was not clear.I just meant that I have had no problems with any videoplayer (with it's intended ROM as base) in fullscreen mode. I have not tested the videoplayers between different ROMs that much.And the best videoplayer (feature etc. vice) is the one on Roger's 5.1 ROM on my opinion. The one I posted to you was the original player from original 10" aPad ROM, I thought that was the one you were looking for.Now that we are talking about videoplayers, the only annoying thing I have had with the players is that if I fasforward a video (let's say 30min forward) then the playback gets slightly jerky. Might it be just a buffering issue? Same happens when playing from USB and SDCARD. With the 5.1 ROM's videoplayer if the video is paused before the fastforward the video does not get jerky, with the other videoplayers it does not help. Probably no issue if I would transcode the movies again...Btw. compiled and ran my first native ARM program Hello World compiled with CodeSourcery yesterday, kernel here I come! ;D Sensing epic fail, dreaming of adding DVB-T support etc. into kernel..Hey! Instead of begging for the complete kernel source from Rockchip, could we just get the kernel headers (to be able to compile modules), the current kernel is not compiled modular, or is it?And did anyone have definite information about the DSP on the RK2808? Might it be just the DSP extensions of ARM (as the E in the 926EJ, J for JAVA acceleration), then if we have a compiler that can optimize using the DSP extension instructions (MAC-commands etc.) we would get the DSP in as well? Just speculation again here..- Olli

#31 rogerbraun

rogerbraun

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:39 AM

campacavallo: Same error with your framework-res.apk

#32 xaueious

xaueious

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:57 AM

Ya I noticed that too. But it doesn't appear to break anything else, so I left it alone.You might as well just make that splashscreen of yours.

#33 okivimak

okivimak

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 03:40 PM

Somewhat offtopic:another way of (sometimes) getting the kernel config is using the extract-ikconfig script. Example output with Roger's 5.1 kernel.img:gzip: stdin: decompression OK, trailing garbage ignoredERROR: Unable to extract kernel configuration information. This kernel image may not have the config info.I examined the original 7" aPad ROM also, no config embedded into the kernel image either.. too bad. But when someone finds a new kernel image, I'd suggest snooping with extract-ikconfig IF they have left the config in the image (if not in proc/).Should there be a kernel hacking thread also...- Olli

#34 Zap!

Zap!

Advanced Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:09 PM

Would this ROM work with the Orphan M16+ (not to be confused with the regular M16)? It has the same chip set, it's the same size, and is running Android 1.5.Edit: Well I went ahead and tried to flash it to no avail. I simply can't get my computer to detect my tablet. When it first boots up it tries to detect it, but when the tablet is fully booted, it disconnects. How would I go about putting this .img on my MicroSD to directly load? I can put it on, but whet else has to go on the card?

#35 Loonix

Loonix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:17 AM

Uhm, Zap... the aPad with Rockchip is flashed through a utility on the PC and not from the SD-card.According to my google results you have a HW-1100 processor and not a RC2808a like the aPad.

#36 McMadd

McMadd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:49 AM

[quote name='Loonix;32203]Uhm' date=' Zap... the aPad with Rockchip is flashed through a utility on the PC and not from the SD-card.[/QUOTE']Well, in fact you can flash it from the SD card depending on what ROM you're on. For instance Xaueious' ROM has a working recovery which for me is a blessing. I'm a Mac user and couldn't get the darn thing recognized in any Virtual Machine, so I had to hijack my daughters laptop to do the flashing. Now that I have a working recovery I can just copy the update.img to the SD card, reboot into into recovery mode, and flash it easy as pie.(I know this doesn't help Zap! because he doesn't seem to have an aPad, and the first flash needs to be done from a PC anyway to get a working recovery img on it)

#37 Loonix

Loonix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:22 AM

Thank you McMadd.I stand corrected and see that i still have a lot to learn =)

#38 zeule

zeule

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:47 AM

guys... about the resolution I have to say that a 10.1" screen runs 1024x576... as for wallpapers you should get HDTV 1280x720, trust me...they fit perfectly. As for some android apps just go on isohunt and search for "android mega pack" and you'll get yourself over 1500 apksfor me video in full screen is not working, could not install the original RVP as the pad sais the apk is not compatible with my phone, any fix?that's all for nowkind regards,Zeule

#39 zeule

zeule

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:50 AM

guys... about the resolution I have to say that a 10.1" screen runs 1024x576... as for wallpapers you should get HDTV 1280x720, trust me...they fit perfectly. As for some android apps just go on isohunt and search for "android mega pack" and you'll get yourself over 1500 apksfor me video in full screen is not working, could not install the original RVP as the pad sais the apk is not compatible with my phone, any fix?that's all for nowkind regards,Zeule

#40 Zap!

Zap!

Advanced Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:24 AM

[quote name='Loonix;32203]Uhm' date=' Zap... the aPad with Rockchip is flashed through a utility on the PC and not from the SD-card.According to my google results you have a HW-1100 processor and not a RC2808a like the aPad.[/QUOTE'] Yes, that is my mistake. Another user had me convinced they were the same specs. My M16+ tablet appears to be unique so far, with the following specs:CPU: HW-1100FSB: RAM11 600MhzMemory: DDR2 128MBNandflash: MLC Nand 2GBExtended TF card; U diskLCD display: 10.1" TFT display ,1024*600