Android Tablets Forum banner

No internal Storage?

9K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  eggiecpad 
#1 ·
I turned my Aurora off completely last night. Turned it on this morning, only to be prompted to input my details i.e. to set up the tablet again. When I logged on, all my apps, settings, launcher were all reset back to default.
My files (video and pictures) were still on there.

I tried downloading an app, which failed. Went to look at the storage in the menus and it said that the internal storage was full (quoting Total space of 0.0B with 42.07MB of apps on it.

What happened?

I'm currently using Essential Clean Rom v0.4 fyi.

#3 ·
Yeah, I ended up reflashing the firmware, but decided not to format. Apps and setting reappeared but I think there was still some problem with the internal storage. So i did another reflash and formatted that time. All back to normal. Think ill back up using titanium and copy that to my computer just in case.

#5 ·
It's happened again. Just rebooted the tablet because it's was getting a little sluggish. Turned it right back on being asked to set up the tablet again. No internal storage...well, at least the internal storage of 0.0b was FULL!

Think I might just upgrade to the latest version and see if that helps.

#9 ·
I'm fairly certain that the error I was getting about there being no internal storage was to do with me trying to install busybox and update it on my own. It happened twice after I did it myself and I've seen a few other complaints around these parts about busybox doing the same thing once you try and install and update it yourself.

#11 ·
I have had this problem many times as I have gone through the different ROMs here. It will reset itself and you go through all the trouble of setting it up again and then find out you can't add any programs. If you try and do a factory reset the same problem-no room to add any apps. The only thing that I have found to do is to flash the ROM again and reset up everything.

The last few ROMs have been very stable and I have not had this trouble for a bit. I'm on feiyu_mod@20120313. This is the best ROM I've used so far-great battery life, great touch, still a little shake if you long press the screen but no need to do that.

I bought my Aurora here in Shenzhen where they are made and have had for over 2 months now so I got one of the first ones out the door. I have one dead pixel from the start that I did not notice and have not had anymore showup. It's in a place that is not important so I don't worry about. A very good unit overall. Next i'm looking for a 10 inch with 3G built in. I should be able to pick one up for under 200 USD.

#12 ·
Yes this is a common problem when the tablet is not properly rooted and/or busybox is installed. When busybox fails on restart the tablet automatically does a reset.

I know it is very frustrating to find your tablet changed back to Chinese after every restart. I have tried all of the rooting scripts and manual methods and still have had this problem.

Hoppefully future mods will be properly rooted with correct permissions, as this is not an area most users can fix themselves.

#13 ·
I had the 0.0B problem as a result of BusyBox and this solution worked for me (so I didn't have to re-flash) .

connect with your mac/pc/linux machine through usb and in ADB do
mv /system/xbin/busybox /system/bin

this is on an AllWiner A10 cheapo tablet ICS os, for other busybox or <4.0 ICS you might have to

mv /system/sbin/busybox /system/bin
or even
mv /system/bin/busybox /system/bin

you can check where your busybox is with
cd /system/sbin/busybox
or
cd /system/xbin/busybox
and the one that doesn't give an error is where it is

I found this solution after I had re-flashed two of my 4 tabs with a generic ics that doesn't have touchscreen (so I have to connect a mouse :-< until craig posts the
production 6/26/2012 rom for their cmp741e rather than the one on their site that currently bricks the touchscreen). Hope this is help to someone,
cheers
egg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.