• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Slimz

Slimz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:38 PM

Since the only difference between the elf and aurora is the screen, it makes sense to consolidate the forums. Especially forums for Firmware/ROMS and the like.

The specs are identical except that the Aurora has the IPS screen. With that being the only factor, ROMS can easily be made to support both and the other instructions (loading roms, loading clockwork mod, etc) are identical. Seems like we have alot of redundant posts..

Of the forums were consolidated then we could have SUB forums for ELF and Aurora, it makes MUCH more sense.
  • el56 and DoubleDroz like this

#2 DoubleDroz

DoubleDroz

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:44 AM

Since the only difference between the elf and aurora is the screen, it makes sense to consolidate the forums. Especially forums for Firmware/ROMS and the like.

The specs are identical except that the Aurora has the IPS screen. With that being the only factor, ROMS can easily be made to support both and the other instructions (loading roms, loading clockwork mod, etc) are identical. Seems like we have alot of redundant posts..

Of the forums were consolidated then we could have SUB forums for ELF and Aurora, it makes MUCH more sense.

+1

I totally, agree - it would make it *much* easier to google for hacks and firmware if this was the case. As it stands, I'm checking a few different forums, and they're *all* pigs to navigate through. It's too much of a chore, and could me much simpler!

#3 OldSchool

OldSchool

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

+1

I totally, agree - it would make it *much* easier to google for hacks and firmware if this was the case. As it stands, I'm checking a few different forums, and they're *all* pigs to navigate through. It's too much of a chore, and could me much simpler!

I agree. But some of the problem is due to hacks and firmware based upon older versions. So when searching, many older posts are now incorrect or have not been updated.

I hope a final ELF/Aurora version is released soon so hacks/modded fw can be made based upon something stable.

#4 e8hffff

e8hffff

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:45 AM

I agree

#5 Dansplans

Dansplans

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:07 PM

The Elf and Aurora are NOT the same and need to stay seperate.

The Aurora now has to split in two itself due to hardware changes. Build date before and after Mar 7, 2012 approx. are now on different firmware.

I do agree that we need a mod to take on the task of moving these forums into the proper subs etc.....
AndroidTabletFirmware.com
FlashMyAndroid.com

Ainol Novo 7 Advanced
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II
OEM Novo 7 Advanced
Ainol Novo 7 Elf
Ainol Novo 7 Aurora
Teclast P76
C91 Zepad
Onda Vi10 Elite Elf
Ampe A90

#6 DoubleDroz

DoubleDroz

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:44 AM

The Elf and Aurora are NOT the same and need to stay seperate.

The Aurora now has to split in two itself due to hardware changes. Build date before and after Mar 7, 2012 approx. are now on different firmware.

I do agree that we need a mod to take on the task of moving these forums into the proper subs etc.....

... yeah, I've come to realise this now! still, it would be nice if all of the rom posts could be cleaner and easier to follow! Perhaps some of the older ROMs should be retired?

#7 ssshoe

ssshoe

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

... yeah, I've come to realise this now! still, it would be nice if all of the rom posts could be cleaner and easier to follow! Perhaps some of the older ROMs should be retired?

Consolidate in areas, yes, and I agree that hardware changes both in Aurora and Elf merit the need to stay in separate forums.
Retire...please no. One of the first working (well) ROM's posted was GB 2.3.4 and runs like a dream.
Novo 7 Advanced
GB 2.3.4 - feyiu 2.03.
Novo 7 Elf - 32gb SD
GB 2.3.4 - Roman Automod 2.4 - Tasselhof Root/Market - Bravia Engine - GoLauncher EX.
Apps - Google (Voice,Mail,Docs,Reader,Talk) Flash 11.1- SetCPU-CalenGoo-GrooveIP-Skype-Dolphin-Netflix-Webkey-Youtube-Titanium-Root Uninstall-Ghost Commander.

Novo 7 Aurora FT5XTS - 32gb SD
ICS 4.0.3 ECR 1.0- V6 Supercharger - Bravia Engine - GoLauncher EX.
Apps - Google (Voice,Mail,Docs,Reader,Talk) Flash 11.1- SetCPU-GrooveIP-Skype-Dolphin-Webkey-Youtube-Titanium-Root Uninstall-Ghost Commander.

#8 gregor1

gregor1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

+1, I agree