ePAD Firmeare Update

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Maxtrin

Maxtrin

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 09:32 AM

Hello guys! I hope that you can help me my ePAD cant start, I only get to the Android and the loading bar and then it hangs, what should i do?I have this one - http://cgi.ebay.com/...e=STRK:MEWNX:ITPLZ Help Me

#2 Ang3l0912

Ang3l0912

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 10:53 AM

Hello have you tried updating the firmware I used the same ebayer ur link showed and I had issues

#3 Maxtrin

Maxtrin

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 11:58 AM

Hello have you tried updating the firmware I used the same ebayer ur link showed and I had issues

Hi Iam trying to update the firmware but its not working I have 2 epads from that buyer, when i am trying to update i only see the android logo and nothing is happening, what do i do wrong.Sorry for my bad English

#4 Master}{

Master}{

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 466 posts
  • LocationTempe, Arizona, USA

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:31 AM

take pictures of your units and post them, you probably have the wrong model name.I bought mine from ebay, pictures were incorrect, they said Eken m001, when i really have a Epad EP07/ FlytouchPost frontal pictures!

#5 Maxtrin

Maxtrin

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:35 AM

[quote name='MasterX;26975]take pictures of your units and post them' date=' you probably have the wrong model name.I bought mine from ###########, pictures were incorrect, they said Eken m001, when i really have a Epad EP07/ FlytouchPost frontal pictures![/QUOTE']My Camera is broken sorry, But the pictures on ########### "the link" is mine, My pad looks like that.But i dont know what firmware i should use, i have tried a couple but they dont work.THX

#6 Maxtrin

Maxtrin

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:05 AM

sry for dubbel posting, But 155 Wiews and no one can help.

#7 focusedone

focusedone

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:18 AM

[quote name='MasterX;26975]take pictures of your units and post them' date=' you probably have the wrong model name.I bought mine from ###########, pictures were incorrect, they said Eken m001, when i really have a Epad EP07/ FlytouchPost frontal pictures![/QUOTE'] ya, got to be especially carefull with non-Western / Chinese/HK ########### sellers, lots of Bait-n-Switchers out there.

#8 Maxtrin

Maxtrin

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 12:29 PM

i have now put the firmware Eken m002 or something like that on it but the touchscreen wont work and the menu button either, so that must the the wrong firmware, enyone know what firmware for my pad?thx

#9 Ang3l0912

Ang3l0912

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:23 PM

hello if you use the slatedroid firmware from here make sure u copy only the script folder on to a empty sd card fat 32 and plug it in then power on then should start update process atomaticaly

#10 Maxtrin

Maxtrin

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:26 PM

hello if you use the slatedroid firmware from here make sure u copy only the script folder on to a empty sd card fat 32 and plug it in then power on then should start update process atomaticaly

Wen i try with the slatdroide firmware nothing is happen, it just stuck on the start screen "Android"I have tried 2 different memmory cards nothing.

#11 Ang3l0912

Ang3l0912

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:45 PM

Ok that's interesting and you formatted card before doing it

#12 Maxtrin

Maxtrin

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:07 PM

Ok that's interesting and you formatted card before doing it

Yes i have tried 2 different cards, the only firmwares that works to install is the m00 series,

#13 Maxtrin

Maxtrin

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:04 PM

eny ides? plz

#14 kiarov

kiarov

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:38 AM

Try to get pictures from the actual device, if it booted up with eken's firmware i guess it should be an eken one not flytouch.

#15 jtbc

jtbc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:33 AM

Yes. I think you have to first verify the correct device before doing any firmware upgrade from any source.I suppose different firmaware for different make apply here. Dun mesh up and regret later.IF your is Flytouch, here is some info may be of help to you:DealExtreme Product Forum: My experience (Feedback for using sku 42070)Hope it helps. Good luck.

#16 Les

Les

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:48 AM

[quote name='Maxtrin;26406]...cant start' date=' I only get to the Android and the loading bar and then it hangs...[/QUOTE']Hi Maxtrin, did you find a solution yet?I am having the same problem you described, and have tried various firmware images, cannot get any further than the boot screen.Please let us know if you have found a fix.

#17 Terence

Terence

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:34 PM

Hi, Les, try the original firmware from Pioneer.

#18 solmich

solmich

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:28 PM

[quote name='Les;38451]Hi Maxtrin' date=' did you find a solution yet?I am having the same problem you described, and have tried various firmware images, cannot get any further than the boot screen.Please let us know if you have found a fix.[/QUOTE'] Waiting for the solution too, mine also no further than boot screen, even no loading bar

#19 solmich

solmich

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:28 PM

[quote name='Terence;38868]Hi' date=' Les, try the original firmware from Pioneer.[/QUOTE'] No success

#20 Richard1

Richard1

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:04 AM

I to have an epad, with the following WMT 2.1.2_105, android 1.6, ARM 9 platform, via WM8505, 533MHz. 256 DDR2. 2GB Flash HDD.Model number=generic, kernel version 2.6.29.00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty. build number wmt2.1.2_105.
I would like to upgrade the OS but not sure what I need to do this or how to go about it. Can anyone give me some guidance please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users