196 replies to this topic

#161 Sudden Death

Sudden Death

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Locationthe Netherlands

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:41 AM

How do you move it to your sd card? I've tried app2sd and it won't let me and there's no moving option when I just looo up the app

Using ES File Explorer.

#162 Silviu D.

Silviu D.

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationIasi, Romania

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:33 AM

Hooooooooooly moooooooooooooooolllyyy....well seems that the Ten3 or T20 are not the only dual-cored chines tabs..check this out...

http://www.ainovo.com/elfii.html

The Elf II...i think it has dual-cored Mali400 GPU (it states Mali400x2)..well then...this changes things....:(
I think the rush of enthusiasm regarding the Ten3 was a bit premature....really don't know if i made the right call. It is only 7 inch but my god it looks freakin' awesome.
Sorry for the off-topic :D

#163 Phishcake

Phishcake

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

Hooooooooooly moooooooooooooooolllyyy....well seems that the Ten3 or T20 are not the only dual-cored chines tabs..check this out...

http://www.ainovo.com/elfii.html

The Elf II...i think it has dual-cored Mali400 GPU (it states Mali400x2)..well then...this changes things....:(
I think the rush of enthusiasm regarding the Ten3 was a bit premature....really don't know if i made the right call. It is only 7 inch but my god it looks freakin' awesome.
Sorry for the off-topic :D

We all knew there would be more dual core tablets coming out at some point so I dont think most people will be bothered. I wouldn't go near a Ainol after the quality issues people had with the Aurora and those pictures look like they have been Photoshopped a lot :) I prefer the design of the T15 and there is more to a tablet then just cpu & gpu power!

#164 spicymchaggis

spicymchaggis

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

Looking to purchase my first android tablet and after some reading this seems to be the best 10" tablet in it's price range, would I be wrong? any known issues or faults with it?

#165 romants

romants

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

Good news! According to SmartQ they will be enabling the bluetooth in our devices, It was already built in just never enabled.

Have you guys seen the new SmartQ Q8? the thing looks like a beast, it's 8 inches and $170. Near identical specs, I kind of wish i got it instead of the t15 now.
Here's the link, what are your thoughts?

http://hotmid.com/sm...4-0-tablet.html

#166 Sudden Death

Sudden Death

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

Good news! According to SmartQ they will be enabling the bluetooth in our devices, It was already built in just never enabled.

Have you guys seen the new SmartQ Q8? the thing looks like a beast, it's 8 inches and $170. Near identical specs, I kind of wish i got it instead of the t15 now.
Here's the link, what are your thoughts?

http://hotmid.com/sm...4-0-tablet.html

It was already known the bluetooth was build in. The Huawei is actually a WiFi + Bluetooth + FM chip.
And it was to be expected that bluetooth was to be enabled sooner or later. One other member pointed that out in the Bluetooth USB Dongle support thread.

The Q8 looks nice although I find the bezel to be too wide for my taste. And also 8inch is just too small to me.
It sometimes still surprises me how small I find the 9,7 inch tabs (T15 and my iPad 3).

#167 !Sumit

!Sumit

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • LocationSofia | New Delhi

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

Just want to mention as I read it somewhere and was surprised to know, but 9.7 inch screen has bigger surface area than 10.1 inch screen. 10.1 is good for 16:9 ratio,but i think I like T15's 4:3 ratio as its bigger than 10.1 eventually.

~ 2006 - LG kg200 | 2007 - I-mate JAMA | 2008 - Sony Ericsson W850i | 2009 - HTC Touch HD | 2010 - Iphone 4 ~
~ 2007 - HP Pavillion Dv5t | 2009 - HP Probook 4510s ~
~ 2011 - Ainol Novo 7 Advanced | 2012 - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora ~
~ 2012 - SmartQ Ten3 T15 ~
... I ♥ Gadgets ...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
♪♪.. My Bollywood Cover Songs Channel on Youtube .. ♪♪
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#168 D3BA

D3BA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

Hallo,

I´m new here, so it´s my first post. Therefore, i can´t open a new thread and i´ll decided to post here.
First, sorry for my bad english...

The battery life on my device seems like dissapointing to me. I directly installed V3 and rooted it, so I have no comparison to V1.
Only the Reviews in this forum. And according to that my device seems to need more battery...

I´m testing something out...
In stand by the battery drain is 2% per hour. It doesn´t matter if apps run in background or if i closed them before.
A big issue is that WLAN can´t be forced to disabled if the screen goes off. If I trust the battery information WLAN use the battery a lot.
With WLAN off the battery drains only 1% per hour.

Then I started to fix this. First I want to disable WLAN if screen goes off. Beacause in WLAN Settings under advanced the option is missing I thinked about using tasker.

In Play Store it wasn´t listed. Some other applications couldn´t be installed, because something went wrong these days in the Play Store. So I downloaded the apk but if I installed the process isn´t succesfull at all, because tasker needs google apps.
So I installed latest gappz from xda-developers over recovery menu. And then the installation works.
Also syncronisation of calender, contacts works.
Previously without gapps Kalender sync don´t work for me.

Then I went into build.prop and changed the device to Samsung GT-6210. Most of the applications are now listed in the Play Store. Gameloft Games such as Real Football not. I don´t now why. I have differnt tablets but I can´t figuered out which point in build.prop causes the incompatibility. Maybe it has something to do with the ti things in build.prop. Until now i don´t tried to install Real Football from an apk... But all the apps from Play Store that can´t be installed before (purchasing error even for free apps) now can be installed over Play store.

After that I´ll changed some things in build.prop to increase the battery life. This works perfectly if I´ll end the apps before going in standy. I don´t tried wich programs forces that the device can´t go into deep sleep mode.
Now if I´ll end all Apps the battery drain in standby is 1% per 6 hours.

Maybe someone help this information. If someone interested, here is my build.prop
# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=IML74K
ro.build.display.id=v3.0 Build 120331.2034
ro.build.version.incremental=eng.1012311.20120331.203810
ro.build.version.sdk=15
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.0.3
ro.build.date=Tue Feb 28 20:38:10 CST 2012
ro.build.date.utc=1333197490
ro.build.type=eng
ro.build.user=someone
ro.build.host=1012311
ro.build.tags=test-keys
ro.product.model=GT-P6210
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.name=full_panda
ro.product.device=panda
ro.product.board=panda
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US
ro.wifi.channels= 	
ro.board.platform=omap4
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=panda
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=full_panda-eng 4.0.3 IML74K eng.1012311.20120331.203556 test-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=SmartQ/full_panda/panda:4.0.3/IML74K/eng.1012311.20120331.203556:eng/test-keys
ro.build.characteristics=tablet
ro.cm.device=panda
# end build properties
# system.prop for blaze tablet 
# This overrides settings in the products/generic/system.prop file
#
# rild.libpath=/system/lib/libreference-ril.so
# rild.libargs=-d /dev/ttyS0
com.ti.omap_enhancement=true
#com.ti.omap_enhancement_s3d=true
#dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=5m
#dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=48m
#dalvik.vm.heapsize=256m
keyguard.no_require_sim=1
#ro.sf.lcd_density=160
#ro.opengles.version=131072
#wifi.interface=wlan0
# Define modem related settings
ro.radio.use-ppp no
ro.config.nocheckin yes
#define defaults for audio D/A mic and power mode
omap.audio.mic.main=DMic0L
omap.audio.mic.sub=DMic0R
omap.audio.power=PingPong

#
# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
#
ro.com.android.dateformat=MM-dd-yyyy
ro.config.ringtone=Ring_Synth_04.ogg
ro.config.notification_sound=pixiedust.ogg
ro.config.alarm_alert=Alarm_Classic.ogg
ro.opengles.version=131072
persist.sys.strictmode.visual=0
persist.sys.strictmode.disable=1
persist.sys.ui.hw=0
persist.hwc.mirroring.region=0:0:1280:720
hwui.render_dirty_regions=false
persist.sys.timezone=America/New_York
ro.config.timeformat=24
net.dns1=202.102.192.68
net.dns2=8.8.4.4
wifi.interface=wlan0
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180
ro.sf.hwrotation=270
ro.lock.func=touchlock
ro.sf.lcd_density=160
ro.carrier=wifi-only
ro.tether.denied=true
dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=5m
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=48m
dalvik.vm.heapsize=256m
com.ti.omap_enhancement_s3d=true
ro.setupwizard.mode=OPTIONAL
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y
net.bt.name=Android
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt

#
# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
#
pm_sleep_mode=1
ro.kernel_android.checkjni=0
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=1
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=150
debug.sf.hw=1
video.accelerate.hw=1

#169 Silviu D.

Silviu D.

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationIasi, Romania

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:06 AM

Hallo,

debug.sf.hw=1
video.accelerate.hw=1[/code]

Thanks for all the info. First of all i'm kinda noob with android and i wanna know how do u modify the build.prop ? And second of all with this build and with all the apps closed your battery drainage is 1% every 6 hours?? That's really awesome if u ask me:D

Edited by Silviu D., 22 April 2012 - 04:06 AM.

#170 Sudden Death

Sudden Death

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:12 AM

1335085562[/url]' post='353110']
Thanks for all the info. First of all i'm kinda noob with android and i wanna know how do u modify the build.prop ? And second of all with this build and with all the apps closed your battery drainage is 1% every 6 hours?? That's really awesome if u ask me:D

There are several build.prop editor tools in google play. You need to be rooted ofcourse. Be carefull though editing it could cause you device not to boot, so you maybe need to reflash.

#171 Gorilla man

Gorilla man

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

First post... Hi to everyone. Just ordered my T15 and now the long wait starts...

Apologies if this is in the wrong place - but can anyone recommend a very decent micro SD card for the T15?

#172 D3BA

D3BA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

Like Sudden Death said in Play Store are many editors. Search after "build.prop". But I changed it in the original firmware Build and flashed it with the HOW TO for installing custom firmware. For rooting your device there is also a HOW TO in the scripts section.

Battery drain is even better. I said one percent because in the first 3 minutes after using the device battery drains 1%. Today the device was ten hours in standby (WLAN off) and the battery drain is the same. So standby time with all apps closed is like iPad2. I´ll hope battery drain while using the device is also better. Priviously the battery stays on 100% brightness 4 hours | 50% brightness 6 hours of watching videos with WLAN on.

On my Gemei G9 I modified the build.prop the same and battery drain in Standby is the same. But if i use the .tablet the battery stays on 100% brightness 6,5 hours | 50% brightness 8,5 hours | lowest brightness 11 hours of watching videos with WLAN on

But like i wrote some apps won´t let the tablet go into deep slepp mode. Because i don´t tested out wich, I´ll decided to close all apps. On Gemei G9 it doesn´t matter if I close the apps or not.

#173 mystvearn

mystvearn

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

After reading some articles about tablets, I think the T15 to T20 are the best you can get for now. I am currently using SGS2 so I'll be realistic with my comparison.

I am trying to compare it with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 almost similar specs to the T15, but it is slightly smaller and has a pixel density of ~170. The Galaxy tab 2 is slightly cheaper than the T15, has GPS and bluetooth.
http://www.gsmarena...._p3100-4543.php

Does anyone know what is the pixels per inch (ppi) for the T15, T19 and T20?

I noticed the screen of the T15 is different from the T19 and T20 but I'm not sure about the ppi. I'm interested about the ppi as I think it is a good indicator to how sharp the display is. Also, since I will be getting my first tablet, I am not sure if I should go for something 10" or 7" so I think I am limiting my choices to ppi and similar specs to the T15/Tab 2. I don't think quad core is necessary in any tablet and I'll be using this more on reading and browsing (maybe gaming if its better than the sgs2)-so need to find out what I will do with a tablet. The sgs2 works well except when I'm reading documents and browsing some websites as it is slightly small. Though mostly for reading as it is easier to read on the tablet than on the computer screen. I don't think GPS is really that necessary as I've read some articles saying that more than 80% of tablet users use their tablets at home though I do like the bluetooth as I could easily transfer stuff between devices.

#174 D3BA

D3BA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

If I´m right the T15 has 132ppi and the T19/T20 149ppi. Displays are much different. T15 is 4:3 and T19/T20 is 16:9. So I think its not only the ppi wich let you decide of the one or the other. You should know wich form factor do you want.

By the way GPS in a tablet, i think for 9,7 inch its to big for navigation...
And Bluetooth, I dont´t used this anytime. Because it give a simple way to share data. One is a cloud Service and another of course E-mail. Write yourself an Email an then you have your file.

And if I´m right again, T15 has Bluetooth too. It should be enabled in feature Firmwares.

Therfore T15 and T19 are the same with the different of the form factor. T20 is like T19 but has a much better CPU 1,5 Ghz vs. 1,0 Ghz.

Edited by D3BA, 28 April 2012 - 06:53 PM.

#175 mystvearn

mystvearn

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:14 AM

If I´m right the T15 has 132ppi and the T19/T20 149ppi. Displays are much different. T15 is 4:3 and T19/T20 is 16:9. So I think its not only the ppi wich let you decide of the one or the other. You should know wich form factor do you want.

By the way GPS in a tablet, i think for 9,7 inch its to big for navigation...
And Bluetooth, I dont´t used this anytime. Because it give a simple way to share data. One is a cloud Service and another of course E-mail. Write yourself an Email an then you have your file.

And if I´m right again, T15 has Bluetooth too. It should be enabled in feature Firmwares.

Therfore T15 and T19 are the same with the different of the form factor. T20 is like T19 but has a much better CPU 1,5 Ghz vs. 1,0 Ghz.

I have no idea which form factor works for me since I have only seen and tried the ipad, never lived with it. That is why I'm trying to get a cheap tablet to see which size I am comfortable with.

T15 has bluetooth? It is not mentioned here.
http://www.pandawill...but-p59327.html

I only use bluetooth rarely to transfer between devices. Been using it since SE K750 and it serves the purpose.

GPS is a nice idea, novelty though because the tablet is too big. I think I will hold off for now until I see more manufactures with dual core offerings.

Thanks for the ppi info

#176 Silviu D.

Silviu D.

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationIasi, Romania

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

Hey guys. I have a small dilemma...i can't get more than 5 hours on my tab...wi-fi on/off, backlight about 40%...light gaming, some internet browsing. I don't expect it to last 20 hours...but 5 hours is so much less than what you guys got. Any ideas or tips & tricks?...it's really frustrating...i mean if i watch some movies i don't expect it to last more than 4 hours. That's the only drawback i've got until now :(

Edited by Silviu D., 30 April 2012 - 12:05 AM.

#177 mark74

mark74

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

See this tips
http://www.slatedroi...578#entry356578
Maybe you turn off / change something and improve battery life.
SmartQ T20.
Google Translator user.

#178 Silviu D.

Silviu D.

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationIasi, Romania

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:02 AM

See this tips
http://www.slatedroi...578#entry356578
Maybe you turn off / change something and improve battery life.

Not helping...the thing is when i got my tab it was fully discharged. I fully charged it, flashed it an then i started installing various stuff.
From what i know li-ion polymer batteries don't have the memory effect that ni-mh used to have so i'm wondering if it needs some charge/discharge cycles in order to calibrate properly.
Like i said this is my only complaint and i'm using it at about 30-40% brightness with 50% sound(those speakers can be very loud) with sync off and wifi sometimes on sometimes off.
From what i see on the official advert http://smartqme.com/ten3.html and from your reviews with 50% brightness the battery should last me 7 hours even on gaming...whilst i can only get about 4 hours of gaming. Very very strange...

#179 Sudden Death

Sudden Death

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:42 AM

Not helping...the thing is when i got my tab it was fully discharged. I fully charged it, flashed it an then i started installing various stuff.
From what i know li-ion polymer batteries don't have the memory effect that ni-mh used to have so i'm wondering if it needs some charge/discharge cycles in order to calibrate properly.
Like i said this is my only complaint and i'm using it at about 30-40% brightness with 50% sound(those speakers can be very loud) with sync off and wifi sometimes on sometimes off.
From what i see on the official advert http://smartqme.com/ten3.html and from your reviews with 50% brightness the battery should last me 7 hours even on gaming...whilst i can only get about 4 hours of gaming. Very very strange...

LiPo batteries need a couple of cycles to get better (chemical process inside). And I don't know exactly how the electronics is programmed in the tab but a LiPo should never bee fully discharged always keep 30% of charge in the LiPo, I guess the electronics inside will take care of that and when the tab says it's 0% there is probably still 30% left in the battery, but still Android will shutdown then. But that's the way it should be. If this isn't programmed like that than having the LiPo at 0% will damage the chemical process inside the LiPo and will cause it's performance to diminish.
LiPo's have no memory effect.

#180 Silviu D.

Silviu D.

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationIasi, Romania

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:49 AM

LiPo batteries need a couple of cycles to get better (chemical process inside). And I don't know exactly how the electronics is programmed in the tab but a LiPo should never bee fully discharged always keep 30% of charge in the LiPo, I guess the electronics inside will take care of that and when the tab says it's 0% there is probably still 30% left in the battery, but still Android will shutdown then. But that's the way it should be. If this isn't programmed like that than having the LiPo at 0% will damage the chemical process inside the LiPo and will cause it's performance to diminish.
LiPo's have no memory effect.

From what I know it takes a long period of time for lipo batteries to be fully discharged. The tablet was discharged because of the very very long delay between my order and the actual shipment. Hopefully it didn't mess up the battery...but what intrigues me is that iSumit and others reported 6-7 hours or more of actual usage from the start !!. It's pretty weird...maybe i should use some battery saver program?

BTW the battery drainage when i SHUTDOWN the tablet is rather large....didn't get an exact number but over the night it seems that 6-7% are wasted. Really don't get this...it's TURNED OFF and it still drains juice wtf?!?
I tried to edit the build.prop according to what D3BA said but there are some code lines that i couldn't find regardless of the editors i used....5 hours of gaming, web surfing, installing/uninstalling with 30% backlight and low sound with wifi 50% on seems too little honestly.

Edited by Silviu D., 30 April 2012 - 05:02 AM.