1. Their currently shipping ICS firmware is laggy but that was expected... So I don't knock it for that...
2. Their screen is absolutely horrible. It is 1024x600 and that is about the only nice thing to say about it. Viewing angles are bad, and colors are all washed out/blown out.
3. Build Quality is decent. I was impressed in that Onda seems to put some thought into the design of their devices. But at the end of the day, it feels cheap, the piano black finish on the back looks horrible after 2 minutes of use (finger print MAGNET), the materials feel cheap (the faux metal rim and plastic back feel cheap...) and it is very light (which I normally appreciate but it didn't help in this case...). The device is also very FAT compared with pretty much all my other devices. It is a box. My device also was missing one of the ugly black rubber stoppers they use to cover the screws on the back. Those stopper look nasty. It would have been better if they just left them off all together.
4. I didn't test the speaker (didn't get that far, decided not to carry it and not waste any more time with it).
5. I didn't test WiFi (ditto to above)
6. One positive was that the packaging looked great . But then it just helped set expectations that were never met
CONCLUSION: If you are looking at NON-IPS 1024x600 A10 tablets, buy an Elf. Bigger battery, way sexier, better forum support, and MUCH MUCH Better screen. I am not a huge fan of the screen on the ELF even but the Onda was just painful.
OH... That reminds me, I now have a brand new Onda Vi10 Elite for sale, $100, buyer pays shipping. I can't sell them, because I don't like them (my rule of thumb). If I had bought it 4 months ago this would have been a different review, but after having used the ELF for some time now, this thing just felt fat, cheap, and ugly .
I will say this, it wasn't the worst device I have ever tested and it wasn't the worst device I tested today (that honor goes to the JXD S9000 lol). In fact, in its own right, it is "okay". But, for the price compared with the ELF, well, no comparison.
Sorry for the harsh review, I was just very disappointed. Other owners feel free to hop on here and provide counterpoint and perhaps balance me out
This post has been edited by Roman2025: 08 March 2012 - 04:39 PM