Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,047 posts
  • LocationSamut Prakarn (Thailand)

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

Apple launches new iPad

March 8, 2012 9:29 am

San Francisco - Apple on Wednesday unveiled the third version of its genre-defining iPad tablet computer which will be available to consumers in the United States, Germany, France, Britain and Canada starting at 499 dollars from March 16.

"We’ve taken it to a whole new level and we are redefining the category that Apple created with the original iPad," said Apple chief Tim Cook at a press conference in San Francisco.

"It makes amazing improvements over the most fundamental features of the design of the device while retaining everything that millions of people have grown to love about it," he continued.

The new device, called simply the iPad, features a more powerful, quad-core chip, the A5X processor, a high-definition 2084x1536 Retina display which is "about 1 million more pixels than HDTV," according to Apple, as well as a sharper 5 megapixel camera that includes special face detection technology.

Capable of accessing 4G mobile networks and creating its own mobile hotspot, the new iPad boasts download speeds that are five times faster than the current version, Cook said.

It also boasts a full complement of games, productivity and media software to take advantage of the new specs.

The unveiling of the new device had been widely expected, two years after Apple first launched the iPad, and a year after it introduced its successor the iPad 2.

Apple launches the new device from a dominant position in the tablet computer market. But Microsoft is readying its first tablet entry for later this year with the launch of the all-new Windows 8 operating system.

Apple has now sold some 55 million iPads, including 15.4 million in the last quarter, and is predicted to sell some 60 million iPads this year.//DPA

Source: The Nation Bangkok (Thailand)

This post has been promoted to an article
  • gorangoga likes this

Mr. Imperfect
from
LOS (Land of Smile (Thailand))

Posted Image

Please do NOT hijack my signature picture. Thanks.

#2 Reimar

Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

A few more details from Bangkok Post (Thailand):

SAN FRANCISCO: Apple unveiled a third-generation iPad on Wednesday enhanced with features aimed at keeping it safely on the throne of the booming tablet computer market.

The new iPad boasts a powerful quad-core processor, eye-grabbing resolution on par with that of an iPhone 4S, and the ability to connect to the latest 4G LTE telecom networks that move data faster than their predecessors.

"We think that iPad is the poster child of the post-PC world," Apple chief executive Tim Cook said, noting that iPad sales topped those of any personal computer maker during the final three months of last year.

"We have redefined once again the category Apple created just two years ago with the original iPad," Cook said at a press event in San Francisco, the first major product release by Apple since the death of founder Steve Jobs.

The new iPad will go on sale March 16 in Canada, France, Germany and the United States at the same price as the previous models, which start at $499 for the most basic iPad featuring wireless connectivity only.

An iPad with 16 gigabytes of memory and with both Wi-Fi and 4G connectivity will cost $629 in the United States while a 32GB Wi-Fi/4G model will cost $729 and a 64GB version with Wi-Fi and 4G will cost $829.

In a bid to cater to budget-minded shoppers, Apple will sell a 16GB version of the iPad 2 at a trimmed price of $399.

The new iPad screen features 264 pixels per inch in what was billed as the best display ever on a mobile device.
  • gorangoga likes this

Mr. Imperfect
from

Posted Image

#3 Reimar

Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:24 AM

Did someone try to order the "New" iPad?

Maybe it's time to read a bit about what's going on about those "New" iPad. Interesting artic;le and comments could be read at: Computer World pointing in many meanings to disappointments of Apple's Customers!

Have a look at those reports and have fun while reading (!) or try crying(?)!

Mr. Imperfect
from

Posted Image

#4 gorangoga

gorangoga

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:32 AM

Apple launches new iPad

March 8, 2012 9:29 am

San Francisco - Apple on Wednesday unveiled the third version of its genre-defining iPad tablet computer which will be available to consumers in the United States, Germany, France, Britain and Canada starting at 499 dollars from March 16.

"We’ve taken it to a whole new level and we are redefining the category that Apple created with the original iPad," said Apple chief Tim Cook at a press conference in San Francisco.

"It makes amazing improvements over the most fundamental features of the design of the device while retaining everything that millions of people have grown to love about it," he continued.

The new device, called simply the iPad, features a more powerful, quad-core chip, the A5X processor, a high-definition 2084x1536 Retina display which is "about 1 million more pixels than HDTV," according to Apple, as well as a sharper 5 megapixel camera that includes special face detection technology.

Capable of accessing 4G mobile networks and creating its own mobile hotspot, the new iPad boasts download speeds that are five times faster than the current version, Cook said.

It also boasts a full complement of games, productivity and media software to take advantage of the new specs.

The unveiling of the new device had been widely expected, two years after Apple first launched the iPad, and a year after it introduced its successor the iPad 2.

Apple launches the new device from a dominant position in the tablet computer market. But Microsoft is readying its first tablet entry for later this year with the launch of the all-new Windows 8 operating system.

Apple has now sold some 55 million iPads, including 15.4 million in the last quarter, and is predicted to sell some 60 million iPads this year.//DPA

Source: The Nation Bangkok (Thailand)

This post has been promoted to an article

Theat is very good, aplle is for my the best corporation!

#5 BrooksIM

BrooksIM

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

I am happy with my iPad2...as well as my 4s, even knowing that I am now behind the times but I figure why get the latest and greatest if I am happy with what I have? I look forward to seeing future innovations :0)

#6 Aleaaaa91

Aleaaaa91

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:46 AM

is is a sounds new :)