• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 BlueEyes

BlueEyes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:28 AM

I got my Gemei G9 today!!! Very very nice device. I am already in love with it. It looks very professional with a metalic back cover. The screen is nice
and it is very slim and of course it has HDMI and all the other neccessery ports! I let a coworker of me here play with it and he is always picky when it comes
to smartphones and tablet and he also loved it. What I didn't know was, that you can charge it through the USB ports as well.

If you guys have any questions just ask me. I might make a few pictures later if you guys need them.

Edit:
Flash seems to be available from the markt but it doesn't really seem to work ... have to find a fix for it

Edited by BlueEyes, 06 March 2012 - 07:51 AM.

#2 turmstrasser

turmstrasser

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:52 AM

I got my Gemei G9 today!!! Very very nice device. I am already in love with it. It looks very professional with a metalic back cover. The screen is nice
and it is very slim and of course it has HDMI and all the other neccessery ports! I let a coworker of me here play with it and he is always picky when it comes
to smartphones and tablet and he also loved it. What I didn't know was, that you can charge it through the USB ports as well.

If you guys have any questions just ask me. I might make a few pictures later if you guys need them.

great news mate, congratulations for your new toy,
from which site did you buy it? ive already paid ownta for this while it was "in stock", but it hasnt been dispatched yet. i hope i wont have same luck as with the onda vi40 order from merimobiles.

#3 BlueEyes

BlueEyes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:33 AM

from which site did you buy it? ive already paid ownta for this while it was "in stock", but it hasnt been dispatched yet. i hope i wont have same luck as with the onda vi40 order from merimobiles.

i got it from a seller on aliexpress.com, price includes shipping with DHL Express

http://www.aliexpres...holesalers.html

#4 MrTasselhof

MrTasselhof

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:59 AM

Unfortunately the whole Onda situation is out of Merimobiles hands to control.
It is all factory delays/issues.

I know Merimobiles has offered alternative products at a discount to help/attempt to ease the pain.

Sadly it is an all to common thing for factories to hold up orders and the reseller takes the blame.

Tasselhof
WANT 500MB of FREE Mobile MiFi Wireless HotSpot Internet access for your tablet every month?
- Referral Link: Check Out FreedomPop

- Upfront Notes:
- Requires $100 security deposit for the mobile device plus shipping.
- Security deposit is fully refundable within the first year.
- After 1 year the security deposit is non-refundable and you now own the mobile device.
- By using this referral link above it increases my data limit by 50mb (similar to the DropBox referrals)

LINE: MrTasselhof (Live Chat)
Twitter: MrTasselhof
YouTube Tablet Reviews Channel: http://www.youtube.c...of?feature=mhum

All Tablets have been Provided for Review by: Merimobiles.com - HUGE THANK YOU!
- All names below are linked to their respective product page

**Latest Tablets**
Onda V812 - 8" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768 - w/ Quad Core CPU & 2GB RAM
Chuwi V99 - 9.7" RETINA IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - w/ Bluetooth - 2048x1536 (Needs Firmware Updating and Stability)

**Current Favorite Tablets & Devices**
Onda V812 - 8" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768 - w/ Quad Core CPU & 2GB RAM
Window N90 Dual Core II - 9.7" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - w/ Bluetooth - 1024x768
Ainol Novo 7 Aurora - 7" IPS 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x600
HP TouchPad - 9.7" Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - WebOS & Android - Dual-Boot (Use WebOS side)
Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy SII) - Running Blazer ROM

**Additional Recommended Tablets**
Gemei G9T Dual Core - 9.7" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Gemei G9 - 9.7" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 10-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Window N70 - 7" IPS 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - w/ WCDMA & Bluetooth - 1024x600
Chuwi V99 - 9.7" RETINA IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - w/ Bluetooth - 2048x1536 (Needs Firmware Updating and Stability)

**Other Tablets Owned**
MID V7 - 7" 16:9 Resistive Single Touch
M701R - 7" 16:9 Resistive 2-Point Multi-Touch
C8 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch
C9 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch
Ramos W6HD - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x600
M6 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Wopad i7 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
MID V8 - 8" 4:3 Resistive Single Touch
MID816 - 8" 4:3 Resistive Single Touch
MID816R2 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch
T9 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Wopad i8 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Teclast P85 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Teclast A15 - 9" IPS 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1280x800
FlyTouch 3 - 10.1" 16:9 Resistive Single Touch

#5 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

Edit:
Flash seems to be available from the markt but it doesn't really seem to work ... have to find a fix for it

Congratulations on receiving your new tablet :clapping:
It's always good to hear when a tablet delivers the goods. It is now top of my wish list :good:

Jez
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#6 turmstrasser

turmstrasser

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

Its great tasselhof is in our company. Your constribution to the android community is very well known and appreciated.

Let me disagree though about the resellers responsibility for the Chinese tablet market chaos . You can't gain credibility by offering alternative tablets. If a seller states that an item is in stock it must be in stock. I'm not talking about pre-orders.

Anyway i hope i finally get my tablet and share my experience with you all.

#7 MrTasselhof

MrTasselhof

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

Its great tasselhof is in our company. Your constribution to the android community is very well known and appreciated.

Let me disagree though about the resellers responsibility for the Chinese tablet market chaos . You can't gain credibility by offering alternative tablets. If a seller states that an item is in stock it must be in stock. I'm not talking about pre-orders.

Anyway i hope i finally get my tablet and share my experience with you all.

I can see and agree with you.
Saying an item is in stock and then not having in stock usually means you didn't have it in stock to begin with... but sometimes, particularly if the inventory is not tied directly to the orders, more orders come in than stock on hand and if they are not cut off in time it can cause the same issue.

Tasselhof
WANT 500MB of FREE Mobile MiFi Wireless HotSpot Internet access for your tablet every month?
- Referral Link: Check Out FreedomPop

- Upfront Notes:
- Requires $100 security deposit for the mobile device plus shipping.
- Security deposit is fully refundable within the first year.
- After 1 year the security deposit is non-refundable and you now own the mobile device.
- By using this referral link above it increases my data limit by 50mb (similar to the DropBox referrals)

LINE: MrTasselhof (Live Chat)
Twitter: MrTasselhof
YouTube Tablet Reviews Channel: http://www.youtube.c...of?feature=mhum

All Tablets have been Provided for Review by: Merimobiles.com - HUGE THANK YOU!
- All names below are linked to their respective product page

**Latest Tablets**

**Current Favorite Tablets & Devices**
Window N90 Dual Core II - 9.7" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - w/ Bluetooth - 1024x768
Ainol Novo 7 Aurora - 7" IPS 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x600
HP TouchPad - 9.7" Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - WebOS & Android - Dual-Boot (Use WebOS side)
Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy SII) - Running Blazer ROM

**Additional Recommended Tablets**
Gemei G9T Dual Core - 9.7" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Gemei G9 - 9.7" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 10-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Window N70 - 7" IPS 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - w/ WCDMA & Bluetooth - 1024x600

**Other Tablets Owned**
MID V7 - 7" 16:9 Resistive Single Touch
M701R - 7" 16:9 Resistive 2-Point Multi-Touch
C8 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch
C9 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch
Ramos W6HD - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x600
M6 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Wopad i7 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
MID V8 - 8" 4:3 Resistive Single Touch
MID816 - 8" 4:3 Resistive Single Touch
MID816R2 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch
T9 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Wopad i8 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Teclast P85 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Teclast A15 - 9" IPS 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1280x800
FlyTouch 3 - 10.1" 16:9 Resistive Single Touch

#8 purundahl1

purundahl1

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:01 AM

congratulations~
Good to see you have your machine without any trouble.
I still have to wait couple of days more to get mine,
I hope it is worth waiting for so long.

#9 BlueEyes

BlueEyes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:12 AM

After a few days of playing with it i must say it's really nice. my galaxy s phone appears so small now, i dont even like to play games on it anymore ;-)

if you want to know if flash works, indeed it works with opera but the quality is not 100% nice but its enough i think.
regarding skype, the skype version from the market works but the frontcam appears distorted so you really need a diff skype version.
i dont remember how i found mine, if someone needs it just let me know.

after a couple of days i still like the device. the builtin browser is rather slugish so the first thing to do is to download a proper browser. chrome doesnt seem to be compatible with the device, but just like in tasselhofs review dolphin works nice and opera is also worth a try. in fact thats my daily driver.

what i really want to know is if its possible to change the built.prop as to maybe increase the app compatibility. i downloaded need for speed which installed fine but it doesn't let me download the files from ea's server. it downloads fine on my smartphone (galaxy s) so my theory is, that ea doesn't know which files my tablet needs and thats why it refuses the download. the game starts with the files from my smartphone but the graphics appear wrong and it is unplayable, speed seemed nice though.

what i want to test next is a G3 Mobile Stick i got here. it is supposed to support certain g3 mobile sticks.

Edited by BlueEyes, 12 March 2012 - 03:13 AM.

#10 manue

manue

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

i got it from FCT today :)
Very very nice device :)

http://www.fastcardt... Tablet PC.html

#11 Kypp

Kypp

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

http://www.fastcardt... Tablet PC.html

Unfortunately I ordered mine from "Gadget Greats" on the 5th and just learned that it will not be shipping from them until 3/28 :(. Lesson learned...

#12 LVL

LVL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

what i really want to know is if its possible to change the built.prop as to maybe increase the app compatibility. i downloaded need for speed which installed fine but it doesn't let me download the files from ea's server. it downloads fine on my smartphone (galaxy s) so my theory is, that ea doesn't know which files my tablet needs and thats why it refuses the download. the game starts with the files from my smartphone but the graphics appear wrong and it is unplayable, speed seemed nice though.

Try this app: http://tabletrepubli...nermod-965.html
It has been made for A10 tablets :)
Credits to the maker!

Edited by LVL, 12 March 2012 - 06:12 PM.

#13 tHURTle

tHURTle

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

Unfortunately I ordered mine from "Gadget Greats" on the 5th and just learned that it will not be shipping from them until 3/28 :(. Lesson learned...

Yep i'm in the same situation.. Orderd on the 7e @ShadySpammers and yesterday status changed into Gemei Waitinglist will be shipped @ 3/28/2012..

First and last order i'll make at ShadySpammers...:( Idd Lesson Learned...

Hope for fast shippment and Clean clearance @ Customs...

EDIT:
Hello,

There is currently a 15 day ETA for the Gemei G9 due to the lack of 9.7" capacitive screens.

You can continue to wait for the first Gemei G9 batch to arrive.

Another option is the upgrade; We are fully stocked up on the 16gb Onda Vi40 Elite:

Hello,

There is currently a 15 day ETA for the Gemei G9 due to the lack of 9.7" capacitive screens.

You can continue to wait for the first Gemei G9 batch to arrive.

Another option is the upgrade; We are fully stocked up on the 16gb Onda Vi40 Elite:

http://gadgetgreats....x-a10-apad.aspx

The 16gb units are $10 more expensive and the 8gb models are the same price as the G9.

If you would like to upgrade to the 8gb (same price) /16gb (+$10) model please let me know and we will send you a payment request

for $10. You can also send paypal payment directly to: info@*RUN away from this site

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

The 16gb units are $10 more expensive and the 8gb models are the same price as the G9.

If you would like to upgrade to the 8gb (same price) /16gb (+$10) model please let me know and we will send you a payment request

for $10. You can also send paypal payment directly to: info@*RUN away from this site

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

I'LL Wait this time for the Gemei G9 i think its better. Or ask total refund and Buy at Fastcard ????

Edited by tHURTle, 14 March 2012 - 07:56 AM.

#14 BlueEyes

BlueEyes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:17 AM

Try this app: http://tabletrepubli...nermod-965.html
It has been made for A10 tablets :)
Credits to the maker!

thanks it works! i see more apps now. too bad need for speed hot pursuit still doesnt let me download the additional files, i am still getting server error when i start the app and push the download button, even though it works from my smartphone, any guesses?

i thought it might have been the built.prop that the EA servers dont recognize my tablet, but now it should recognize it as samsung galaxy s2

Edited by BlueEyes, 14 March 2012 - 03:22 AM.

#15 TJunky

TJunky

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

After a few days of playing with it i must say it's really nice. my galaxy s phone appears so small now, i dont even like to play games on it anymore ;-)

After reading so many good reviews about G9, I's really thinking of getting one. So far hows the battery life for your set? It stated 8-10 hrs in the specs, but is it really that long for web surfing?
iPad2 / Ainol Novo 7Aurora / Teclast a10t / Gemei G9 /Ainol Novo 7 Fire

#16 smithmal

smithmal

• PipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

http://www.fastcardt...+Tablet+PC.html

Manue,

I've never heard of FastcardTech.com. Have you had experience with them in the past, or did you order from them simply b/c they had the G9 in stock? Also, I couldn't tell from your profile were you were locate. Could you let us know your order date and your receipt date.

Thanks,

smithmal

#17 Techy

Techy

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:38 PM

Manue,

I've never heard of FastcardTech.com. Have you had experience with them in the past, or did you order from them simply b/c they had the G9 in stock? Also, I couldn't tell from your profile were you were locate. Could you let us know your order date and your receipt date.

Thanks,

smithmal

yea, i'm thinking about getting it and this website seems like they have it in stock

#18 Kypp

Kypp

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

I canceled my order from Gadget Greats last week and as soon as I got the refund back I ordered the 8GB from them on Saturday and just got the notification that it is shipping today. I am in California, USA. I chose express shipping so will update when it arrives. The 8GB is only $185 usd.
Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

#19 fraxos

fraxos

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:27 AM

I canceled my order from Gadget Greats last week and as soon as I got the refund back I ordered the 8GB from them on Saturday and just got the notification that it is shipping today. I am in California, USA. I chose express shipping so will update when it arrives. The 8GB is only $185 usd.
Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Unfortunately they seem to have jacked up the price now to 215 for the 8GB...

#20 Kypp

Kypp

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

Well, looks like I'll have to give up on getting a Gemei. I got this email this morning from "Fastcard"

"Dear Buyer:
Thanks for your order from www.fastcardtech.com.
We held on the package here because
we found some hardware problems on the phone when we tested the phone.As we are responsible for all of our customers all the time,so we held on the package.
So now we would like to ask for your opinion:
Would you like to change to another item or refund ?
Any way we at your service.
We sincerely apologized for any inconveniences.

I'm looking forward to your early reply.

Thank you! Have a good day!"

Thinking about just getting something locally. this was the first time trying to buy from out of the country and I have pretty much lost faith at this point.