• Please log in to reply
468 replies to this topic

#21 LVL

LVL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:46 AM

Well I finally ordered a Sanei N90 and it has shipped already!

Downloading the 1.1 firmware now although it is very slow. Does anyone have a mirror?

Also, I wondered whether the Ampe and Sanei f/w are interchangeable?
The tablets do seem to be identical. Has anyone tried Ampe f/w on a Sanei or vice versa?

Unless someone has already done it I will provide some benchmarks when I receive the tablet.
I expect (hope) these will be the same as the Ampe :blink:

Thanks
Jez

Well, even the sites look identical :lol:
So, I guess they are one and the same. You can always download both V1.1 firmwares and check if the filesize is exactly the same ;)

#22 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:00 AM

Well, even the sites look identical :lol:
So, I guess they are one and the same. You can always download both V1.1 firmwares and check if the filesize is exactly the same ;)

Yes indeed although at the current download rate it might not have finished downloading by the time I get my tablet :o
Actually the download has just been interrupted :( Just off to grab Download Accelerator Plus so that I can hopefully restart any future aborted d/loads.
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#23 Luke1987

Luke1987

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

I brought my Sanei N90 from DHgate. Got it for US$194.58, with a Bonus $20 coupon. Will be buying another one in white. Got it from this address: http://www.dhgate.co...de27036d3f.html

Order took 1 day to ship, and 3 days to get to Bendigo Victoria Australia via UPS. I asked the guys there to put the latest firmware on it for me, and they did it before it was shipped. The bluetooth is excellent, can receive files as well as play audio over bluetooth system in my car. The Wifi range is also very good, haven't had any issue as some other posts have found. I can be outside in my backyard and still get strong Wifi signal from my kitchen which is about 30m away.

Because the guys preloaded the newest firmware, market was also installed straight out of the box.

In regards to battery life, it is also excellent. I strongly recommend you download an app called Go Power Master. I can get over a days use without charge with minimal browsing the net and watching videos. It will easily last a days standard use with wifi on.

Screen quality is very good, and there is barely any lag in terms of response time. The only thing I will say against it, is that you can see some of the LEDs at the top edge of the screen. For instance, instead of being pure white on a white backgorund, you get a glow,so there is a few shadowy parts due to this. This does not affect me, and is only really noticeable on a white background. Anymore info you wish to know, just ask.
  • TNJ likes this

#24 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:01 AM

Thanks Luke,

Sounds promising. Looking forward to receiving mine now.

Have you tried the 1.1 firmware yet?

Sent from my ZT ICS using Tapatalk

Edited by Jezzer, 30 March 2012 - 06:57 AM.

My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#25 spaceone

spaceone

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:07 AM

Screen quality is very good, and there is barely any lag in terms of response time. The only thing I will say against it, is that you can see some of the LEDs at the top edge of the screen. For instance, instead of being pure white on a white backgorund, you get a glow,so there is a few shadowy parts due to this. This does not affect me, and is only really noticeable on a white background. Anymore info you wish to know, just ask.

I have same issue with Ampe A90. On the upper side (where volume and power buttons are) I have some shadows (I think that correct term is blotchiness, reason for this is poor manufacturing process). It is quite visible on white background.

#26 Chris-mm

Chris-mm

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:29 AM

Hi,

just for your information:

Sanei N90 and Ampe A90 is 100% the same device.
I´ve flashed the Ampe A90 firmware on my Sanei without any problems.

But there´s no difference between the firmwares. Only another bootanimation.

Regards,
Chris

#27 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

Hi Chris-mm thanks for confirming this.

Cheers
Jez

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

#28 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:05 AM

Mine has arrived at Heathrow so fingers crossed I should have it soon!

Update: had a call from courier they are delivering it on Tuesday.

Edited by Jezzer, 31 March 2012 - 02:37 PM.

#29 GT-555

GT-555

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:01 AM

What i need to do when install new firmware?

#30 szirszi

szirszi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

What i need to do when install new firmware?

Everything written in the firmware package from manufacturer's website ( http://www.szsanei.c...down.asp?id=641 ) in a Word .doc . It is written in Chinese, but a simple google translate makes it understandable. See attached files.

Attached Files

#31 mendex

mendex

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:38 PM

I know the Sanei N90 and the Ampe A90 are clones (same hardware), but do they also share the same housing ? I mean , I see that the Ampe A90 advertises as having 9.8 mm thickness but I can't find such information for the N90 . Can someone confirm this ?

#32 mas738

mas738

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

The official specs for Sanei N90 are at szsanei.com

Does anyone know if the finish of the Ampe a90 and the sanei n90 is different?

#33 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:22 AM

Mine has just arrived this morning :good: :yahoo:

Well done McBub it arrived in 6 days and it has been in the country since Saturday!
They thoughtfully included a uk ac adapter although the length of the cable on the ac adapter seems a bit short. Hopefully will be able to charge over USB anyway.

It also came with a screen protector fitted - excellent!
I also ordered an ipad style case from them at the same time which looks great for the money and is a good fit.

First impressions are good. Very nice bright clear screen, great viewing angles.
Battery had some charge in it but I am charging it now for a more in depth review later (when my 7 month old baby is in bed :)

The housing looks identical to the one in Babis's video review of the Ampe A90.
It is a black oem model with no Sanei markings anywhere in sight but it looks like the genuine article.
It connected quickly to my wi fi router from upstairs.
Bluetooth seems to be available and can be enabled/disabled. Will try pairing with my phone later.

Cannot see any evidence of light bleed from the top of the display but I'll check again later when I have more time.

It came with ICS 4.0.3 out of the box. Model shows as M9701, baseband v 4.0.10 and kernel 3.0.8. Build number shows as C-v3.01 crane_anpei-eng 4.0.3. Not sure whether this is the latest v1.1 firmware or the earlier v1.0. Either way the tablet seems very smooth compared to my zt280.

More later :-)

Jez

Edited by Jezzer, 03 April 2012 - 06:40 AM.

#34 Ray_1301

Ray_1301

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:57 AM

I have one on order, look forward to your review :)

#35 mendex

mendex

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

Mine has just arrived this morning :good: :yahoo:

Well done ********* it arrived in 6 days and it has been in the country since Saturday!
They thoughtfully included a uk ac adapter although the length of the cable on the ac adapter seems a bit short. Hopefully will be able to charge over USB anyway.

It also came with a screen protector fitted - excellent!
I also ordered an ipad style case from them at the same time which looks great for the money and is a good fit.

First impressions are good. Very nice bright clear screen, great viewing angles.
Battery had some charge in it but I am charging it now for a more in depth review later (when my 7 month old baby is in bed :)

The housing looks identical to the one in Babis's video review of the Ampe A90.
It is a black oem model with no Sanei markings anywhere in sight but it looks like the genuine article.
It connected quickly to my wi fi router from upstairs.
Bluetooth seems to be available and can be enabled/disabled. Will try pairing with my phone later.

Cannot see any evidence of light bleed from the top of the display but I'll check again later when I have more time.

It came with ICS 4.0.3 out of the box. Model shows as M9701, baseband v 4.0.10 and kernel 3.0.8. Build number shows as C-v3.01 crane_anpei-eng 4.0.3. Not sure whether this is the latest v1.1 firmware or the earlier v1.0. Either way the tablet seems very smooth compared to my zt280.

More later :-)

Jez

Thats great! I ordered mine on March 31st from the same seller as you on aliexpress , It hasn't been shipped yet because I wanted the white version and they only had the black one on stock.So I still have to wait a long time to get it :(

If its not a peoblem I wish you could coment about the smoothness of the screen transitions , because this youtube video:

shows pretty smooth transitions

where this one: (Its from ampe a90 , but they're supposed to be the same right ?)

from pandawill shows a little more sluggish transitions.

Which one represents the one you got ?
Another thing is if it gets warm when using it , is it noticeable some heat on heavy usage , idle , wifi on , wifi off etc ?

Sorry if this is asking too much , i'm just too excited about this tablet , and I hope we made a good deal on buying this .
Looking foward to your review!!

Thank you

Edited by mendex, 03 April 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#36 LVL

LVL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

Thats great! I ordered mine on March 31st from the same seller as you on aliexpress , It hasn't been shipped yet because I wanted the white version and they only had the black one on stock.So I still have to wait a long time to get it :(

If its not a peoblem I wish you could coment about the smoothness of the screen transitions , because this youtube video:

where this one: (Its from ampe a90 , but they're supposed to be the same right ?)

Another thing is if it gets warm when using it , is it noticeable some heat on heavy usage , idle , wifi on , wifi off etc ?

Sorry if this is asking too much , i'm just too excited about this tablet , and I hope we made a good deal on buying this .

Thank you

The first video shows one of the latest firmwares. The Pandawill video shows one of the first firmwares.
The new firmwares bring BIG performance improvements and compatibility.
I would recommend Sanei N90 or Ampe A90. (They are the same, both have bluetooth)

Edited by LVL, 03 April 2012 - 02:38 PM.

#37 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

<snip>

<snip>

Thank you

Hi Mendex,

My Sanei behaves like the first video and I guess it is probably as LVL says a difference in firmware.
In terms of whether it gets warm I would say it runs pretty cool. Certainly much cooler than my zt280.
I have been using it non-stop for a while now and it's pretty cool.
However, I would probably need to run a few intensive 3d games to really test how hot it gets and I am trying to sort out other "issues" first.
See next post...

Jez

#38 rafaelxis

rafaelxis

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

Can you play movies with subtitles on this tablet?

#39 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:23 PM

Here's an update on my Sanei N90...

It seems to have come rooted (at least ES File Explorer thinks it is) and it came with Google Market which updated itself to Google Play without any input from me. So far so good :good:

Next I had a quick play with Bluetooth. I managed to pair the Sanei (device name BlueZ) with my Samsung Galaxy S2 quite easily but when I tried sending a photo from the phone to the tablet it just failed (no reason given). I tried a few different files without any luck. Anyway, I decided to come back to that later while I added a few more apps from Google Play.

I noticed that there was no Google Street View or Youtube so I loaded up Google Play and...neither of them showed up :huh: I have tried editing build.prop as posted elsewhere to make the device look like an SGS2...no joy. I was tempted to try the other solution posted by Gekko but that is for a Teclast A10t and I'm not too keen on bricking my new tablet just yet :nea: Perhaps someone else could confirm whether or not that solution works on the Sanei? UPDATE: I have solved this using the same solution as on my zt280. See post #18 link here.

Next I thought I would check that I have the latest firmware. From the filenames etc I appear to be on 4.0.3 v1.0 firmware so I have been trying to upgrade to V1.1. It seems that Livesuite does not like running on my Windows 7 64bit system. I hold down vol+, plug in the USB cable and press the tablet power button 7 times and I just get a USB device error (unable to install driver) on Windows. So unless anyone has any better suggestions I am going to try it on a Windows XP netbook I have. Fingers crossed! UPDATE: It seems the version of Livesuite included with the firmwares is old and buggy. Download v1.07 from Babis's Ampe A90 thread (thanks for this Babis :drinks:

I'm sure these are just teething problems and once sorted it looks like it will have the makings of a great tablet. ;)

UPDATE: By the way, after 7 hours use the battery is down to 30% - pretty good.

Jez

Edited by Jezzer, 03 April 2012 - 05:10 PM.

#40 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

Can you play movies with subtitles on this tablet?

Yes, I have just tried the film Unknown with .idx and .sub subtitle files and it works fine.
Also the tablet has HDMI out via a mini HDMI connector so you can play this on your HD TV.

Edited by Jezzer, 03 April 2012 - 04:40 PM.