Well, I was looking to install Linunx on these machines. Wicknix has provide the Angstrom and Debian images, but as everybody, can't install on the NAND. I found this problems:
1. Don't know how to resize/create/delete MTD partitions
2. Filesystem-NAND partition is too small for the lightest image (aprox. 700mb for Angstrom).
So, I have been ALL weekend (yes, ALL, even playing domino with my friends and working on these netbooks!), and I have just found the solution! Well, it is not the best, but it is working. Be aware, this WILL destroy your current Android partition, you will need to reinstall it.
1. Boot using Debian or Angstrom, using wicknix images.
2. Use "flash_eraseall /dev/mtd14" to eliminate all data on that partition (it is android-data, which is aprox. 1.5gb)
3. Use "mkfs -t ext2 /dev/mtdblock14" to create the filesystem. I tried ext3 and it was freezing, and I think jffs2 will be the best solution, but we odn't have the binaries to make it. Anyone can help here?
4. Use "mkdir /media/mtd14" to create a directory, will use it as a mount point.
5. Then, use "mount /dev/mtdblock14 /media/mtd14" to mount it.
6. Extract the ext2 tar image to the /media/mtd14 folder. For example: "tar xvf ext2.tar -C /media/mtd14". This will be aprox. 35 minutes.
7. When finished, for security, dismount the unit: "umount /media/mtd14".
8. turn off the netbook.
9. Create the new wmt_scriptcmd to set the new kernelargs variable. I will upload tomorrow the file, but for today:
setenv wmt.audio.i2s vt1603:f1:f2:ff:ff:80 setenv wmt.bus.i2c i2c0:1:1:i2c1:1:1 setenv wmt.gpo.cmos 1:0:7:D8110040:D8110080:D81100C0 setenv bootargs 'mem=214M root=/dev/mtdblock14 noinitrd rw rootfstype=ext2 console=ttyS0,115200n8 rootdelay=5' setenv kernelargs setenv bootargs 'mem=214M root=/dev/mtdblock14 noinitrd rw rootfstype=ext2 console=ttyS0,115200n8 rootdelay=5' saveenv display init force mmcinit 0 fatload mmc 0 0 uzImage.bin textout -1 -1 \"Commands finished. Trying to boot...\" FFFFFF bootm 0
I will try to load the kernel from the NAND tomorrow, but this will work.
8. Create the script and put it on the SD.
9. Turn on. the netbook will boot and probably freeze on the android logo. Try to wait 5 minutes, I dont know if it was booting or it was freeze. If it is freezed, just turn it off, take out the SD card, and turn on.
EDIT 1: video: http://youtu.be/G0glw4evOD0
This post has been edited by netomx: 05 March 2012 - 01:06 AM