#41 jalhoucine

jalhoucine

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

New review of black Gemei G9 :

Review

I also have hang when browsing with opera mobile on site with lot of information or when I install application from the Market. I suppose it's software problem (stability firmware).

Edited by jalhoucine, 09 April 2012 - 07:24 PM.

#42 MrTasselhof

MrTasselhof

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

New review of black Gemei G9 :

Review

I also have hang when browsing with opera mobile on site with lot of information or when I install application from the Market. I suppose it's software problem (stability firmware).

I have added a comment to the article to assist those reading it with finding solutions to some of the issues listed like Skype and Market Compatibility.

Tasselhof
WANT 500MB of FREE Mobile MiFi Wireless HotSpot Internet access for your tablet every month?
- Referral Link: Check Out FreedomPop

- Upfront Notes:
- Requires $100 security deposit for the mobile device plus shipping.
- Security deposit is fully refundable within the first year.
- After 1 year the security deposit is non-refundable and you now own the mobile device.
- By using this referral link above it increases my data limit by 50mb (similar to the DropBox referrals)

LINE: MrTasselhof (Live Chat)
Twitter: MrTasselhof
YouTube Tablet Reviews Channel: http://www.youtube.c...of?feature=mhum

All Tablets have been Provided for Review by: Merimobiles.com - HUGE THANK YOU!
- All names below are linked to their respective product page

**Latest Tablets**
Onda V812 - 8" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768 - w/ Quad Core CPU & 2GB RAM
Chuwi V99 - 9.7" RETINA IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - w/ Bluetooth - 2048x1536 (Needs Firmware Updating and Stability)

**Current Favorite Tablets & Devices**
Onda V812 - 8" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768 - w/ Quad Core CPU & 2GB RAM
Window N90 Dual Core II - 9.7" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - w/ Bluetooth - 1024x768
Ainol Novo 7 Aurora - 7" IPS 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x600
HP TouchPad - 9.7" Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - WebOS & Android - Dual-Boot (Use WebOS side)
Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy SII) - Running Blazer ROM

**Additional Recommended Tablets**
Gemei G9T Dual Core - 9.7" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Gemei G9 - 9.7" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 10-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Window N70 - 7" IPS 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - w/ WCDMA & Bluetooth - 1024x600
Chuwi V99 - 9.7" RETINA IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - w/ Bluetooth - 2048x1536 (Needs Firmware Updating and Stability)

**Other Tablets Owned**
MID V7 - 7" 16:9 Resistive Single Touch
M701R - 7" 16:9 Resistive 2-Point Multi-Touch
C8 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch
C9 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch
Ramos W6HD - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x600
M6 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Wopad i7 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
MID V8 - 8" 4:3 Resistive Single Touch
MID816 - 8" 4:3 Resistive Single Touch
MID816R2 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch
T9 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Wopad i8 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Teclast P85 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Teclast A15 - 9" IPS 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1280x800
FlyTouch 3 - 10.1" 16:9 Resistive Single Touch

#43 zippgtc

zippgtc

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:41 AM

well i just buy a Gemei G9 from merimobiles.com, i can't whait to get my hands on.

#44 jburslem

jburslem

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

Can anbody Help I cannot get my google calendar to sync and my keyboard has some letters that when pressed also carry out other actions ie.when I press n it also press's full stop
Any Help ?

#45 russell359

russell359

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationTaichung City, Taiwan (+8 GMT)

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:11 AM

I had exactly the same problem with the screen/presses registering two presses, when I only touched one area. You need to flash a different firmware as the standard 4.10 that comes installed seems to have a lot of issues. Try the "firmwares" sticky forums at the top (link below) and install 4.15 chs rom, follow the instructions here:

http://www.slatedroi...415-2012-04-06/

Can anbody Help I cannot get my google calendar to sync and my keyboard has some letters that when pressed also carry out other actions ie.when I press n it also press's full stop
Any Help ?

#46 Fady Asha

Fady Asha

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:14 AM

I had exactly the same problem with the screen/presses registering two presses, when I only touched one area. You need to flash a different firmware as the standard 4.10 that comes installed seems to have a lot of issues. Try the "firmwares" sticky forums at the top (link below) and install 4.15 chs rom, follow the instructions here:

http://www.slatedroi...415-2012-04-06/

Had the same issue too. Flashing did the trick for me

#47 jburslem

jburslem

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

Had the same issue too. Flashing did the trick for me

Thanks for all the help had some fun flashing but finally got it to work,all the problems fixed
Many thanks

#48 an3on

an3on

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCuenca (SPAIN)

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:12 PM

Does anybody know if it's possible to get google calendar syncronized? or it's necessary to use it via browser?
I've aplied MrT superscript and GAPSS one, but did't get the option for calendar sync. Just mail and photos.

Thanks

#49 toketin

toketin

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

Hi guys, i've seen that on this site: ahappydeal, the Gemei G9 is offered for only 155$. How have you found this tablet? Is it without Wifi or battery lacks?

#50 celia64

celia64

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:30 AM

hi, what can be the reason my new gemei g9 has such bad wifi connection? when I am in a diffrent room then my router is - I lose wifi signal but with pandigital planet (far less sofisticated tablet) I have signal?? I am very frustrated at this moment as "great wifi" on this tablet was one of 3 reasons I got this tablet.
Also, I was able to flash it yesterday using LiveSuit - but out of three FWs I was only successful with Gingerbread one. (works ok, but still freezes and wifi is same even with changed setting in advanced field). The other two fw-s got "successfuly" flashed but did not work at all - either got in stuck in loop while starting or froze on the first screen.

With Gingerbread on my tablet now - I did lose the strange sound while charging which I had before. That is positive outcome :) (the only one really, plus the fact I am familiar with GB so it is easier to use) - if it was not for constant freezing and if it had better wifi connection, I'd be happy camper!

Last but not least - when I hold my tablet and kinda gently "shake" (= changing levels of positioning one hand holding the tablet is higher) - the tablet inside the "frame" is literally MOVING! not much - but noticable. I read somewhere here in forum other folks had this same problem and somebody did something to fix this... have to find it. BUT - could this be the wifi problem reason????

thanks in advance :)

#51 celia64

celia64

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:42 PM

Update - flashed a10, rooted with mr.T script & tweeked with sausage script - no freezing anymore, all fast and stable - sound while charching still there, horrible wifi remains (sitting next to my router I get -70! on wifî analyzor) . If not for the wifi troubles I'd be quite happy with my new gemei g9 by now.

What can be done to improve the wifi connection - anybody pleàse??

Thanks

#52 F-reek

F-reek

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

I've ordered a Gemei g9 with a black back cover.
And it has many problems. he crashes al the time.
I regret my purchase.

I'm gonna try to root en update the firmware for my gemei g9 because it has allot of problems. i hope that it's gonna work.

#53 jalhoucine

jalhoucine

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:52 PM

I've ordered a Gemei g9 with a black back cover.
And it has many problems. he crashes al the time.
I regret my purchase.

I'm gonna try to root en update the firmware for my gemei g9 because it has allot of problems. i hope that it's gonna work.

Problem of motherboard! It's a crap hardware! I regret to not purchase the ACER A510! It's more expensive but it's a wonderful tablet and very stable!

#54 celia64

celia64

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

I have returned my gemei g9 back to merimobiles (lost in process of shipping cost altoghether about $70 combined - but at least I had no problem with receiving the original cost for the gemei). After "testdriving| samsung galaxy tab 2 - I bought it and I am very happy with this tablet (although the price was WAY over what I wanted: $345 + tax = almost $400!). This is awsome tablet.... too bad the gemei g9 was NOT working the way it was presented - if it was, i'd love to keep it :( - price & design was really good

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users