Gemei G9 - Information - Discussion - Reviews w/ Video

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 UzalaThorn

UzalaThorn

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:22 PM

I think you got the OEM version of the Gemei G9...
I have heard a lot of problems with the JXD S9000, which is also a version of the OEM version of the Gemei G9/MOMO11 bird.
You should read the jxd s9000 thread under 'All other A10 tablets' ;)

I wish it was like that. It is a cheap model that somehow manages to work with ICS. No idea what model, cpu, firmware etc. Crashes all the time. Lousy wifi, No battery info but seems quite low. I payed for Gemei G9 and this efing guy sent me this crap....

#22 Arifullah8

Arifullah8

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:33 AM

I wish it was like that. It is a cheap model that somehow manages to work with ICS. No idea what model, cpu, firmware etc. Crashes all the time. Lousy wifi, No battery info but seems quite low. I payed for Gemei G9 and this efing guy sent me this crap....

Hi iam new to this site, can i have info on Gemei G9 speaker quality

#23 Arifullah8

Arifullah8

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:35 AM

Dear All,

give info on Speakers

#24 dlareklami

dlareklami

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:51 AM

Hi. Can someone help. I found information that new firmware version is available. Check this link Link to firmware. Its in chineese, but I used google translator. And it seems that this is the latest version. Can someone confirm this?

#25 Arifullah8

Arifullah8

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:40 AM

Some body tell me about speaker quality.

#26 dlareklami

dlareklami

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:10 AM

I think they are just average low quality speakers. But this should be enough for playing video and using SKYPE.

#27 LVL

LVL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:01 AM

I don't own a Gemei G9, but I can tell you that every 9.7" A10 tablet doesn't even have a sound chamber. So, don't expect any good quality from any allwinner tablet. :lol:

#28 TJunky

TJunky

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:30 PM

Average low quality speaker, but loud enough to fill the room when volume is all up.
iPad2 / Ainol Novo 7Aurora / Teclast a10t / Gemei G9 /Ainol Novo 7 Fire

#29 fraxos

fraxos

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:30 AM

Just a quick note and a question to MrTasselhof.

I received mine from Merimobiles just yesterday. The back plate is black and there is some creaking on the screen in two of the corners. Overall, OK but not great.

Mr Tasselhof, how is the quality of the one you have? Any creaking or so?

#30 jalhoucine

jalhoucine

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:58 AM

As I have posted in another topic , I can say that quality is not very good.
It seems that quality control is not the strong point of Gemei.
My tablet is not very well assembled : space between the corner and the screen but no cracking!

#31 TJunky

TJunky

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:02 AM

I have this issue with the battery. When the battery life indicator hits 40%, the battery discharge starts to accelerate even though there is no programs running.

I am unsure whether is it the battery life indicator that is inaccurate, or the battery is a faulty one.

Anyone with G9 have this issue too?

Edited by TJunky, 31 March 2012 - 01:03 AM.

iPad2 / Ainol Novo 7Aurora / Teclast a10t / Gemei G9 /Ainol Novo 7 Fire

#32 jalhoucine

jalhoucine

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:55 AM

No battery problem for me!
I didn't charge it yet so I can say the battery life is very good ( I think 8 hours with intensive use)

#33 zafeira

zafeira

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

Hello,
i was considering buying Gemei G9 from merimobiles and i was pretty sure that was a good one. But i can see from other people that have some probs with corners, cracks etc.
Is that true or what? does it worth buying this particular tablet? Or give me something close to that? i'm interested in 9.7 inch tablet with 1GB Ram,IPS screen for e-reading, internet and games.
I would appreciate if you propose me something from this site (merimobiles.com) cause i have heard that it's safe sending for Greece and without paying any further for Customs.
thanks in advance
greetings from Greece

p.s. i liked also the Teclast A10t but it has no camera in back and a plastic back too. But is it true that Teclast is better and more heard as company?
what do you suggest me pls cause i am on dilemma?

#34 bkan82

bkan82

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

i found this site
http://www.tinydeal....17-p-53749.html
which shows the gemei g9 with black panel in the pictures and mentions 5 multi touch point...
i am waiting mine from merimobiles and this with black panel has other processor and other memory less than 1gb and not ddr3 but ddr2?
what is going on?

#35 dyollabus

dyollabus

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

about the link, wooh... this was really confused me, their saying that this is gemei g9 but the processor is really different from what it is really advertised and it only has 812mb of cpu and ddr2, be careful before purchasing for those who plans to get one of these theres a lot of fake gemeig9 coming out there

#36 kodorevi8ulis

kodorevi8ulis

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:35 AM

about the link, wooh... this was really confused me, their saying that this is gemei g9 but the processor is really different from what it is really advertised and it only has 812mb of cpu and ddr2, be careful before purchasing for those who plans to get one of these theres a lot of fake gemeig9 coming out there

well it's android so i guess that the site just list the available memory (android uses some MB of memory for various things)
for example my samsung galaxy s has 512 but android shows only 350+ (the rest are for graphics and other things)

#37 Sean_Vancouver

Sean_Vancouver

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationVancouver BC Canada

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

i found this site
http://www.tinydeal....17-p-53749.html
which shows the gemei g9 with black panel in the pictures and mentions 5 multi touch point...
i am waiting mine from merimobiles and this with black panel has other processor and other memory less than 1gb and not ddr3 but ddr2?
what is going on?

Your link is to the predecessor of the one that is available now. That is the 8GB internal storage. The model that Gemei is putting out now if the 16GB storage model.

Cheers,
Sean

#38 mrpink

mrpink

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

As I have posted in another topic , I can say that quality is not very good.
It seems that quality control is not the strong point of Gemei.
My tablet is not very well assembled : space between the corner and the screen but no cracking!

I decided to order a G9 but now get a bit worried when I read about the bad assembly quality. Can somebody please post a HQ photo of the defects so I make up my mind if I can live with it or not?

#39 jalhoucine

jalhoucine

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:24 AM

I decided to order a G9 but now get a bit worried when I read about the bad assembly quality. Can somebody please post a HQ photo of the defects so I make up my mind if I can live with it or not?

Don't worry about this problem : it's small gap and you can live with it.
When I received the tablet and I saw the gap, I was very disappointed by the hardware but to be honest, for the price, I think I have a great unit : incredible screen, very thin and metallic body, complete connection ,official technical support...
Yes IPAD is better assembled and better control quality but for twice the price.
With a pen, I have carefully pressed on the top of the border, near the problem, and now the gap is nearly invisible.

Yesterday, I went to the shop, and I saw that ASUS and ACER have the same issue with some of their units.

Edited by jalhoucine, 06 April 2012 - 08:08 AM.

#40 russell359

russell359

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationTaichung City, Taiwan (+8 GMT)

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:20 AM

Hi, thanks for your review. I was actually strongly influenced into purchasing the G9 going by the review and reviews of other tablets. Received confirmation of shipment on Friday night (from Merimobiles). When can we see a review for the black back version of the G9 that everyone seems to be receiving these days, including from Merimobiles? Would be nice to see some pictures. I found a Chinese website that showed a black backed G9 (http://www.cityou.cn...8_40834253.html) which I sent to Merimobiles when I asked them to update the pictures on their website to show the G9 that they are actually sending out.

Oh well, not unhappy about the black/silver back debacle, just want to know what I'm buying!

Russell

This thread is for the discussion of General Topics and Specs for the Gemei G9
Link: Merimobiles.com - Gemei G9

Hello there to anyone swinging by.

I received a Gemei G9 to review.
I will attempt to populate this forum with more information as time permits.

Gemei G9 - First Review - 9.7" IPS Tablet w/ ICS - Purchase at: Merimobiles.com

- by: MrTasselhof
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtZQkzm3vHc

I can CONFIRM it is 10PT Multi-Touch
Fruit Ninja appears to only support 5.

Here is my quick and dirty review:

Posted Image Posted Image
  • Warranty:
    • 1 Year, click here for details
  • CPU:
    • All Winner A10 1.2 GHz
    • Mali GPU 400
    • Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
  • Memory:
    • 1GB DDR3 Ram, 16GB Nandflash built in Extend Memory up to 32GB via micro sd card
  • Screen:
    • 9.7 inch IPS Capacitive 10 points Multitouch Screen
    • 1024*768px 4:3
  • Audio:
    • Built in Loud Speaker
    • 3.5MM headphone jack
    • Supported Audio Formats: MP3, WMA, VBR, APE,FLAC
  • Video:
    • 1080P
  • Features and highlights:
    • Dual Camera 5MP rear 1.3MP Front
    • ICS 4.0.3