fix for "low space"/"memory"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 elvismay

elvismay

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:36 AM

I too was getting this stupid error even though i had plenty of space! Deleting files like pics and. apks didn't clear up the space i needed to get rid of that pesky icon. Finally i have found a little trick that I hope works for you! I was able to free up about 35mb of space (good space, useable to install apps to the tablet). I don't know if this works on un-rooted machines. Install the program "root explorer". Open root explorer and one of the first folders is called "cache". Open the folder and delete the contents. Next go back to your main folder view and scroll down to the "Data" folder. Open this folder and scroll to folder "Dalvik-cache". Open this folder and delete all contents. Watch the free space appear like magic! I suggest a power off and turn back on after this. No more stupid low memory. This is safe as deleting the files does nothing but clean these hard to find cache folders. Also you can repeat the steps whenever you NEED! Hope it works for you yoo...now install those apps. :p

#2 DickH

DickH

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

I have a black Novel 9 and every time I try to install an app I get a message that there is not enough memory, even thoough when I atach it to a PC the internal memory asppears to be mostly available. I also put in a large (32 GB) SD card but can't figure out how to use it with apps. Anyone have a help here? Sorry to be so dense but I am new to the game. Thanks.