Wifi cannot turn on - Unable to scan for networks

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 snarl

snarl

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:27 AM

Hi,I can no longer turn on the wifi. Every time I turn it on, it switches on, scans for networks, and gives me "Unable to scan for Networks", before turning off the wifi.This is despite the fact that there are several wifi networks (that aren't hidden) beside my own network. Now I can't connect to anything, since the wifi won't turn on.I have also checked the airplane mode, and that is switched off. Does anyone have any fix for this?

#2 salo1982

salo1982

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 11:02 PM

The best way to solve it, is to flash it. load the firmware 1.7.4 again. Once you reboot will be ok, but it will remove any apps or files you have on your MID

#3 snarl

snarl

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:16 PM

Thanks - that was what I thought would work as well (it solved a similar problem I had on my Google Nexus).However, on the M003, this hasn't worked reliably - I've flashed to all of the various ROMs, and it worked the first time for the Caffeine ROM. The Wifi has since then, developed the same problem, and now flashing (followed by a factory reset), will not allow the Wifi to be turned on. I turn the wifi on, the same message ("unable to scan for networks") appears, and the wifi turns off again.Does anyone tried other solutions?

#4 RA Skywalker

RA Skywalker

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:09 AM

Hi Soudn like my problem also. i hade WiFi working for a while and now regardless what it do, flash or reset it reports unable to scan for networks, it cant even save any network even it i add one it only says cant save network. next plan is the exchange the actual pcb for the WiFi. lets see where that leads.

#5 aero7373

aero7373

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:17 AM

What happens when you hit the enable wifi button several times really fast. I found this resolves the issue if seen on the apads. They then work perfectly so not really an issue. Might be similar to resolve your device issue also. Give it a try please/can't hurt trying.

#6 joeching

joeching

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:05 AM

i have the same problem. hitting the wifi button several times doesn't works either.appreciate if anybody has the solution

#7 robertadenizza

robertadenizza

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:46 PM

I have the same problem, someone can help us ?

#8 fluidicrift

fluidicrift

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:11 AM

I have a panda pad 7 inches its not an apad but it is based on the 1.7.4 android OS plz help

#9 snarl

snarl

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:09 AM

Hi this is snarl, the original poster. I've tried the options suggested above, but it didn't get anywhere.I had the same problem on my google nexus - the problem went away, when I upgraded to Android 2.1. Since there doesn't seem to be any hope of Android 2.1, does anyone know if the latest roms (Zerorom 1.9 or the latest 1.9 Chinese firmware) will solve the problem?

#10 Reimar

Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,060 posts
  • LocationSamut Prakarn (Thailand)

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:19 AM

The latest Rom is 1.9.1 which you can download from http://ekengroup.com or from this forum: http://www.slatedroi....html#post47670Hope that helps.

#11 snarl

snarl

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:28 PM

Just tried the latest rom yesterday. Like the way it looks, but wifi is still unable to scan for networks. I came across these 2 postings:Issue 1124 - android - Wi-Fi "unable to start Wi-Fi" - Project Hosting on Google CodeIssue 1386 - android - Feature req: support WPA2-Enterprise with EAP extensions - Project Hosting on Google CodeSo I am about ready to manually try to configure the wpa_supplicant.conf. The only things is, I can't seem the find wpa_supplicant.conf - the location doesn't match the locations that they've indicated above. Would that be the cause of the problem itself?

#12 drmcclain

drmcclain

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:08 AM

Found solution here: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?p=7076647
Was having the same problem (came across your post from a Google search).

I got a hint from code.google.com (can't post the link). I renamed the /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf to /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.bak (rather than delete it), rebooted and all is well.

Seems you can just delete the file, and it'll be respawned on a reboot.
by InstandKarma

#13 salen12

salen12

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:15 PM

OMG! turning my wifi on and off quickly a few times REALLY WORKED! It was that easy! Thank-you so much. I spent all day trying other, complicated fixes. I almost didn't even try it. I thought, "Come on, nothings easy! I'm happy to report, I was so wrong. I joined this site, hopefully I can return the help one day. These epads are pretty buggy, that's for sure! Thanks again. :yahoo:
  • mrsburnout likes this

#14 TabletMaster

TabletMaster

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:39 AM

I have a solution! i had thew same problem with the same tablet. to fix it locate the wifi on/off switch onj the tablet on the side of the tablet and switch it to on! its that simple! noqw just reconnect to a network.

#15 tandy

tandy

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:08 PM

i have the same problems