Android Tablets Forum banner

[Scripts] - Novo7 Advanced-II IceCreamSandwich Google Play Script

81K views 223 replies 60 participants last post by  abdullah mard 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ainol Novo7 Advanced-II IceCreamSandwich Firmwares Google Play Script.

WARNING: Works Best if Firmware is Clean Flash or has no Previous Script Installed.

Google-Play-Script: http://www.mediafire.com/?2u26rf7fsh7ay

CWM-Recovery-Script: http://www.mediafire.com/?9gqiwr9x9xl95
1. Please refer to READ ME.txt inside for Instructions & Guides.

Hide-Status-Bar: http://www.mediafire.com/?jk4h8e4bi8k3z
1. Install via CWM Recovery. Hide-Bar Test Script also included.
2. Please refer to READ ME.txt inside for Instructions & Guides.

Root-Script: http://www.mediafire.com/?e9m64zikou614
1. Please refer to READ ME.txt inside for Instructions & Guides.

========================================================================
FEATURES:
1. For Allwinner A10 Tablet IceCreamSandwich Firmware ONLY.
2. Google PlayStore, Updated Google Applications, and Working My Location.
3. Apex Launcher - Fast, Smooth ICS Style Customize-able Launcher.
4. Options to Use Samsung Galaxy-SII build.prop for Games Compatibility.
INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Connect Tablet to PC powered-ON and enable USB Debugging & Stay Awake.
2. Extract file and run GooglePlay.bat and follow instructions.
3. Goto Settings > Language&Input > Tap "Default".
4. Select "English (US)" or whatever Language you have set.
DEVICE NOT FOUND ERROR?:
1. Extract USB_Driver to a Folder and Connect Tablet to PC powered-ON.
2. Go to Device Manager. Check for an Android Device with Exclamation Point [!].
3. Right-click Android Device and click Update Driver. Locate the USB_Driver Folder.
UPDATES:
* My Location now working. Thanks to lifeiyu.
* Added RootScript. Thanks to MrTasselhof.
* Added Hide-Bar Script. Thanks to nice2know_u
* Added .xml files for Full-Market. Thanks to Bondo2.

Thanks. - ivanz

Hit the [+] button if this helps.

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks the script, but so buggy.
I install the script, after launched the market, and process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly problem got.
After reset, not problem, but i launched the market, the problem got again.
Re-reset the device, working, but some handy tools such file browser not here.

Any idea?

#4 ·
perhaps you might want to try ivans trick..
go to settings>select acct> google acc> unsync the calendar..

#3 ·
Is it my tablet or is it the script.. ive been trying to load Talk.apk into the tablet but its not there..

I saw Talk.apk in Lordsbm folder but the script did not call for the installation of the apk..
I saw talk.apk in roman's automod script but its for advanced tablet.. i tried and it goes into a bootloop.
I saw ivanz's script but there is no talk.apk..

#5 ·
Thank for the script.
After installing it, market gave a server error every time I launch it
Flash didn't work too, threw a blue rubic box (before I've used newer version from Feb 15th which gave me a blank screen).
Except those two, the rest seem ok so far.

For me market isn't a big problem.
Hope you find a way to make the flash support too, Ivanz

#6 ·
Hello,

I have updated the Script and Added Talk.apk which I believe the rootcause of that "process acore error".

I've just remembered that when I switch my Contact Sync from Gmail to Company Exchange Mail, I had that "Talk has stopped working" pop-up.

So hopefully everything works fine now. If ever the problem still persist, you can follow the Fix Workaround guide.

Thanks... ivanz

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello,

Like I said below, your ICS 4.0.1 Firmware isn't fully compatible with this Script. I don't know why when it should be supported by Gapps v10.

I think you guys need to wait for the 4.0.3 Firmwares. For the meanwhile, you can use lordsbm allwinner a10 ics 4.0.1 script located @ Novo7 Advanced thread. although it has an outdated Calendar and Contacts.

NOTE:
1. This Script was tested working fine on Novo7Advanced and Novo7Aurora running ICS 4.0.3
2. However, reports says that this Script produce "process acore has stopped" errors on Advanced-II running ICS 4.0.1
3. The "process acore has stopped" error is basically a Google Contacts 4.0.3 Sync problem.
4. To get rid of it, you can either Disable the Contacts Sync on your Gmail Account.
5. Or Delete the GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk on the Script before using it.

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ok but you post it in the NAII section and there are a lot of passer bys that purchased their novos and are running this script and screwing up their tabs. Maybe if I were you just take the post down for awhile until they update ICS because this thread is only going to be populated with people trying to fix their tablets. Which is a fairly complicated method of reflashing it and the common person isn't going to read the instructions word for word and more than likely freak out and get frustrated with it.

Also...Tasselhof has a one click root method that works. Maybe use part of his script to root because the common root instructions for this tablet can be confusing also to the basic Android user.

#17 ·
Hello,

I stumbled across installing my own Script on my friend's Advanced-II running on Stock ICS 4.0.1 Firmware.

It took me a while to realize that...

I was actually using an updated Calendar.apk while using an outdated CalendarProvider.apk because my Script doesn't include CalendarProvider.apk so it will use the Stock ICS 4.0.1 CalendarProvider.apk

That's where the system encounters several "process acore has stopped" error. After looking closely on lordsbm's script,

I also notice that my script doesn't include Contacts.apk and Contacts Provider.apk.

So what I've did is Flash my Aurora to Official 4.0.3 and took off those updated ICS Gapps. I repack the Script and Installed it to my Friend's Advanced-II ICS 4.0.1

So far no "process acore has stopped" or any errors is coming out. I am currently uploading the Updated Script.

Hope it fix the issues regarding "process acore".

Thanks... ivanz

#18 ·
Good find! I noticed a few things myself like the name of the Browser app the script was trying to delete was wrong. I went through the script and added an auto-root(With new SU binaries & Superuser.apk) before push at the beginning but I didn't look at it with a fine tooth comb or check the versions of the apps. I merged the 4.0.1 scripts and the 4.0.3 to make a working one that I was going to repack today but this one will be better than mine.

This seems like it should work really good when you get it updated. Good job. Give yourself some credit when you repack it.

#27 ·
you might hv corrupted your internal storage.. dats why you cant install..
check settings>storage.. see if your internal storage is full bar...

most probably you will need to reflash to get it up and running...

#28 ·
When Rooting, please Follow Almaz Guide very Carefully. When BusyBox is installed in wrong Folder first, that's more probably the result = Self Factory Reset with Internal Memory Corrupted.

All you need now is to re-Flash your Firmware.

How Root your Device: Credits to Almaz of Slatedroid
1. Install Superuser (Free) from Android Market and open Superuser.
2. Go to Preferences and click on (Su binary vnull - tap to check for updates)
3. Click Update and wait until it finish then Reboot the Tablet.
4. Install BusyBox Installer (JRummy16) from Android Market.
5. Open Busybox Installer, allow Superuser Permissions and then Exit.
6. Open Busysbox Installer again and Install First to /System/Xbin directory.
7. Then Install to /System/Bin directory. Reboot the Tablet.
8. Connect USB cable to your Tablet and double-click Root.bat

#30 · (Edited by Moderator)
For bootanimation, maybe yes... because we haven't tested that on the advanced-2 of my friend... You can delete it anyway using Root Explorer... Just goto System/Media and delete that crap... Or replace it with different bootanimation... Make sure it's 800x480p

For the Calendar Sync, we did Factory Reset after we logged-on to Market. And it sync normally..

#31 · (Edited by Moderator)
i flashed firmware 4.0.3 and then used this script.. black screen came up during boot up.. now reflashing the firmware again..

edited
after reflash firmware, i run the script again and skip the part whr they ask to instal bootanimation and s2 build.
I also think why i failed the first time was because i forgot to change my sleeping mode.. and thus it could be due to that and thats why got a blank screen (boot loop)

ps note, before running the script to change your device sleep to 30 mins or never..

#33 ·
will do that when updating my other tab.. anyway, 4.0.3 is already loaded with market.. just thought I should let you know..

overall, the 4.0.3 firmware is awesome together with your script..

#34 ·
Yep.. I have flashed my Aurora before I went to work today. =D

Also tested this script and just working fine. Although I have to update the build.prop into latest release. Not much changes. Just to make sure I have not missed any commands from the new Firmware.

Do you have a copy of Default build.prop for Advanced-II @ 03.02.2012 Firmware? Can you send me a copy?

Thanks.

#39 ·
You must login to Market using your Gmail Account so the Calendar, Contacts, and Gmail can sync properly.

The process.gapps error is simply a Sync Problem because there is no Gmail Account yet on your Tablet.

After logging-in to Market using Gmail Account, Test the download function. If download fails, please proceed to performing Factory Reset

Factory Reset will wipe the Cache, so you have to login again on Market using Gmail. But this time, the Market will update itself and the Calendar/Contacts will sync properly.

Thanks...

#41 ·
Hello,

You have to perform Factory Reset so the tablet will wipe its previous Cache. It will make the Calendar Sync work.

1. Login to Market and Test Download (ex. Superuser)
2. If Download Fails, proceed to Factory Reset (Settings > Backup&Reset)
3. After Factory Reset, Login again to Market and re-Download Superuser.
4. It should work after. Then check the Calendar if its Sync to Gmail.
5. Known problem is the Talk.apk (I am using the updated Talk.apk but still FC)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.