Android Tablets Forum banner

Newbies Guide to Novo 7 Advanced II

85K views 132 replies 62 participants last post by  skjchr 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
DISCLAIMER
I am setting up a page to serve as a guide to everything concerning Novo 7 Advanced II (n7a2). I am not a developer but I want to do something for the community. I hope other developers and great contributors can give me their support. I take no credit for all the information given and by following the guideline, you understand the risk involve. I bear no responsibility if you damage your n7a2.

Special Thanks To:
1) Mr Tasselhof
2) WAI
3) UBC
4) duytran
5) ivanz
6) F&LSuperstore
7) emptyhead41

(please inform me if i left out any names.. thanks)

Important Files
USB Driver - Download pdaNet Here
LiveSuitePack 1.07 (for flashing of firmwares - Download Here
Installing the USB driver: Turn your PC and open usb debugging & stay awake. Connect the tablet to the computer via miniUSB cable. Running DPInst USB_Driver downloaded folder. After installation is complete, remove the cable and shutdown.

Rooting and adding full market to your N7A2 ICS 4.0.1

1) Download Mr Tasselhof Script
Once downloaded, run the .bat file.
Press 1 to check connection.
Then press 2 to check for suitability.
Then press 3 to start rooting.
Then press 9 to exit.

2)Lordsbm ICS Script --> install market together with some essential apps..
Once downloaded, run fullmarket.bat
Select "a" to do everything.

You will encounter a few com.process failure/error. Do the following.
Credits to ivanz for this fix
NOTE: To fix "com.google.process.gapps errors just follow below instructions:
1. Goto System Settings > Accounts and Sync > Tap to your Google Account
2. Un-check Sync.com.android.calendar

3) Load Mr Tasselhoff script again to update to the latest market.
Press 1 to check connection
Press 4 to update market.
Press 9 to Exit

Now you are rooted with full market installed....

Method Number 2 for Firmware 4.0.3
1) Run iVan's Script (to install market and other essential apps)- Download Here
If they ask if you want to install the bootanimation and build.prop i9100, click no..
2) Run his patch for S2 build.prop (unless he has already updated his script)- Download Here
3) install this program on your computer and click root to root (it can also unroot.. it will detect your novo7 as i9100 device.. its ok.. just go ahead and root it...(http://www.unlockroot.com/)

Flashing ROM/Firmware - Credits to duytran
1) Extract LiveSuitPack_v1.07.rar.
2) Unzip the flash Rom placed in the LiveSuitPack_v1.07.
3) Run LiveSuit.exe and select YES - FORMAT - NEXT - YES and select img file of the flash Rom.
4) On the tablet press and hold the back button and plugged in the miniUSB cable into the computer.
5) When connected (there's a connection sound), press the power button 5 times but do not release the button back out.
6) Choose YES - YES.
7) Now your job is to sit and wait when a pop-up window, then click OK to jump out.

If the above fails, try this method - Credits goes to emptyhead41
2) Run LiveSuitPack_v.107.exe
3) Unzip the flash Rom into the livesuite foler
4) Run LiveSuit.exe and select YES - FORMAT - NEXT - YES and select img file of the flash Rom.
5) Make sure the tablet is OFF. On the tablet press and hold the MENU button and connect the USB from computer to the tablet.
6) With MENU still held, press power button *6* times. The connection sound will happen. I had to point to where my USB drivers where and install them the first time I did this.
7) Choose YES - YES.

I have 3 n7a2, however, one device will respond to the first method and the other respond to the second method..

Optional - Credits goes to F&LSuperstore
Removing the China Apps
Use this script if you want to remove the built in China App.
Script to delete china app

Apps that will be removed
BaiDuShuRuFaPAD.apk
aDevelopment.apk
GfanMobile.apk
HaiZhuoLiuLanQiHD.apk
KuaiTuLiuLan.apk
KuWoYinYueHD.apk
OuPengLiuLanQi.apk
QQ.apk
UCWeb.apk
ZuiHouDeFangXianHD.apk
ESRenWuGuanLiQi.apk
ESWenJianLiuLanQi.apk
FileExplore.apk

( As you can see, some apk above are not found in n7a2 but u can edit the script to insert them.I kind of like FileExplore due to its simplicity and as such, I edited the script and remove the line with FileExplore.apk)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ainol Novo7 Allwinner A10 ICS 4.0.3 FullMarket and Google Gapps v10 Script by iVanz
Link iVanz's Script / Forum Thread

See less See more
Reactions: DroidFool2u
#9 ·
Ok I had the same problem when I loaded Novo 7 Essential Clean ROM V0.5. What I did is used live suite 1.7 and reloaded sun4i_crane_novo7fc-a3-201-10.img then followed the directions from sujak84 (below) and it worked like a charm many thanks sujak84 (best stuff I have seen yet for Novo 7 advanced II) you rock! However I think I like the script Aurora_Maket_Fix_v0.4 better it allows me to load Allwinner Mod (that allows me to change my buttons at the top to do volume)

DISCLAIMER
I am setting up a page to serve as a guide to everything concerning Novo 7 Advanced II (n7a2). I am not a developer but I want to do something for the community. I hope other developers and great contributors can give me their support. I take no credit for all the information given and by following the guideline, you understand the risk involve. I bear no responsibility if you damage your n7a2.

Special Thanks To:
1) Mr Tasselhof
2) WAI
3) UBC
4) duytran
5) ivanz

(please inform me if i left out any names.. thanks)

Important Files
USB Driver - Download pdaNet Here
LiveSuitePack 1.07 (for flashing of firmwares - Download Here
Installing the USB driver: Turn your PC and open usb debugging & stay awake. Connect the tablet to the computer via miniUSB cable. Running DPInst USB_Driver downloaded folder. After installation is complete, remove the cable and shutdown.

Rooting and adding full market to your N7A2

1) Download Mr Tasselhof Script
Once downloaded, run the .bat file.
Press 1 to check connection.
Then press 2 to check for suitability.
Then press 3 to start rooting.
Then press 9 to exit.

2)Lordsbm ICS Script --> install market together with some essential apps..
Once downloaded, run fullmarket.bat
Select "a" to do everything.

You will encounter a few com.process failure/error. Do the following.
Credits to ivanz for this fix
NOTE: To fix "com.google.process.gapps errors just follow below instructions:
1. Goto System Settings > Accounts and Sync > Tap to your Google Account
2. Un-check Sync.com.android.calendar

3) Load Mr Tasselhoff script again to update to the latest market.
Press 1 to check connection
Press 4 to update market.
Press 9 to Exit

Now you are rooted with full market installed....

Flashing ROM/Firmware - Credits to duytran
2) Unzip the flash Rom placed in the LiveSuitPack_v1.07.
3) Run LiveSuit.exe and select YES - FORMAT - NEXT - YES and select img file of the flash Rom.
4) On the tablet press and hold the back button and a miniUSB cable plugged into the computer.
5) When connected (there's a connection sound), press the power button 5 times but do not release the button back out.
6) Choose YES - YES.
7) Now your job is to sit and wait when a pop-up window, then click OK to jump out.
This post has been edited by sujak84: 22 February 2012 - 10:06 PM

#7 ·
Ok I am a newbe to android as well I bought the Novo 7 Advanced 2 it came with ICS 4.0.1 no market. I got it in about two weeks ago. I used a market fix Aurora_Maket_Fix_v0.4 or lordsbm allwinner a10 script for ics firmware not sure which one now but under the about tablet it now says Model number GT-P6210, Android version 4.0.3, Baseband version 0.4, Kernel version 3.0.8, Build Number crane-eng 4.0.3 IML74K eng.snake.20120116.19129 test-keys.

Netflix doesn't work sound no video and ESPN the same. No flash works in the browsers to watch things on the TV networks web sites.

Will the new Novo 7 Essential Clean ROM V0.5 work with mine?

Is there a way to make a img file of my working unit now in case I load a bad rom? It would make it easier to get it back up and running.

So,
Knight = Paladin
popular = basic
what is the Advanced 2?

#12 ·
Hey guys I found out a great trick!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are like me you found a lot of apps and downloaded them and installed them. And every time you load a firmware or mess up your unit you have to reload back to stock right? Well then you have to go back in download and install the apps again right?

Well try this! After you get your unit installed with all of the apps you want. Run the Astro app and run the application backup. When you do that, install an app call Samba Network Share and set it up to talk to your network. Then login to your device via windows explorer and copy the folder backup to your pc. After that copy your apps to the folder lordsbm allwinner a10 script for ics firmware 20120104\apps. You have to rename your apps to have not spaces in it, put a - in it. Example if the app name is CNET TV-27534.apk rename it to CNET-TV-27534.apk. Now when you run the lordsbm allwinner a10 script for ics firmware 20120104 it will put all your apps back for you.

#13 ·
Brilliant thread. Just a couple of things to add.

The volume control app that sujak84 mentions is the one made by Rubberbigpepper. I only mention this because there are a few apps with the same name. It is a brilliant app tho, especially for those of us with no hardware volume controls on the tablet. Absolutely essential in fact. Brilliant find sujak84.

@sujak84: I had a problem with flashing firmware. The steps for me were a little different;
2) Run LiveSuitPack_v.107.exe
3) Unzip the flash Rom into the livesuite foler
4) Run LiveSuit.exe and select YES - FORMAT - NEXT - YES and select img file of the flash Rom.
5) Make sure the tablet is OFF. On the tablet press and hold the MENU button and connect the USB from computer to the tablet.
6) With MENU still held, press power button *6* times. The connection sound will happen. I had to point to where my USB drivers where and install them the first time I did this.
7) Choose YES - YES.
Wait

@jedfred: good tip

Might also be worth mentioning that in my experience trying to flash other 4.0.3 firmwares with or without using the Transform script from this thread (http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/28788-dev%C2%A0n7a-transformation-script/) didn't work properly. The stock firmware for me has been completely stable though and with the market and rooting guides in this thread this tablet does everything i want so far.

Oh it's option 10 to exit mr tasselhofs script now though.

Thanks again for this thread. It's been invaluable.

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
Brilliant thread. Just a couple of things to add.

The volume control app that sujak84 mentions is the one made by Rubberbigpepper. I only mention this because there are a few apps with the same name. It is a brilliant app tho, especially for those of us with no hardware volume controls on the tablet. Absolutely essential in fact. Brilliant find sujak84.
Thanks that app is what I was looking for!

#14 ·
thanks emptyhead41.. i could not recall the dev of the app actually and too lazy to look it up.. anyway, i think the dev deserves all the credit for his genius idea..

As for your steps, perhaps i will paste it as a separate alternative method if duytrans method did not work.. great find btw.. am trying out firmware 4.0.3 soon and will update this thread to help out more noobs like me.. hehe.. thanks once again..

#17 ·
Hi guys,

First of all this site has been awesome in helping me learn about my new Novo 7 advanced II!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second I have tried a lot of Img files over the last month since I got my new toy so I tried the new sun4i_crane_novo7fc-a3-0303.img (taking out the Chinese letters) it loaded no problem with no vibrate.

Third the new file seems to make my Novo 7 advanced 2 run slower, the flash works but very choppy in netflix and flash in browsers to view TV networks shows also choppy.

Forth I did have a app from one of my local TV stations for weather that worked before when I used the stock file that came with the Novo 7 advanced with the Aurora script 04 market fix applied. But it won't let me down load it and also trouble with a app called street view. So I applied script again and it allows weather app but not Street view still will not work.

I thinking about going back to the sun4i_crane_novo7fc-a3-201-10.img and running script Aurora 04 whit out flash working what does everybody think and what king of luck did everybody else have?

#19 ·
Welcome to the NutHouse, Hamdog..... hehehe...

Jedfred: It works on

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi and thank you for this guide, it helped me a lot and got my tablet the way I wanted but now I have a big problem.
after two days if enjoying my tablet and customizing it tonight I turned it off and restarted and it was back to the factory default... it happens every time I restart and that didn't happen before. so I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this please, I'm desperate.
I did a factory reset by myself, it still had much of my stuff but that didn't work, and the internal storage says it has 0.00b and apps 41.95 where before it said 1gb or something. the other internal storage says 5.52gb.

Edit: hello again. I've fixed the problem by flashing the firmware to 4.0.3. seems some application messed up the internal drive where the firmware was installed I guess. I still don't know what it was but I suspect it was one called softbox or something like that.
So there, if someone has problems with the tablet resetting to factory flashing the firmware works fine. but another solution would be great.

Thanks again for the guides!

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi and thank you for this guide, it helped me a lot and got my tablet the way I wanted but now I have a big problem.
after two days if enjoying my tablet and customizing it tonight I turned it off and restarted and it was back to the factory default... it happens every time I restart and that didnt happen before. so I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this please, I'm desperate.
I did a factory reset by myself, it still had much of my stuff but that didnt work, and the internal storage says it has 0.00b and apps 41.95 where before it said 1gb or something. the other internal storage says 5.52gb.
You Failed rooting your device with BusyBox Installer.. Now you have to re-flash your tablet to get rid of that.

Just follow these guide very carefully and you shouldn't have any problem

1. Install Superuser (Free) from Android Market and open Superuser.
2. Go to Preferences and click on (Su binary vnull - tap to check for updates)
3. Click Update and wait until it finish then Reboot the Tablet.
4. Install BusyBox Installer (JRummy16) from Android Market.
5. Open Busybox Installer, allow Superuser Permissions and then Exit.
6. Open Busysbox Installer again and Install First to /System/Xbin directory.
7. Then Install to /System/Bin directory. Reboot the Tablet.
8. Connect USB cable to your Tablet and double-click Root.bat

#23 ·
Good Day to everyone on the forum, I just got my Ainol Novo 7 advanced 2 from china. I am very new to android system hope to learn as much from everyone as possible.

I notice the camera and no volumne button on the tablet is an issue.
Anyone can kindly guide me along....

I am contemplating whether to change the tablet to ELF model or should i just stick with this tablet and find apps for the volume control.

Thanks

Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II. VER. 4.0.1 baseband 0.4 Kernal 3.0.8

#24 ·
I loaded the new novo7AdvancedII_0303.img file from Ainol last night. It loaded no problem. Installed my apps and did the update for flash and it still has problems with netflix and flash in the browers. My local weather app won't install. But everything else runs good.

I have noticed the weather app won't install on itwith all IMG files. It will only install if under the About tablet the Model number says GT-6210 (which is what you get if you load aurora the script on this device).Is there any way to write a script just to change that? (This goes out to the person that wrote the Aurora scipt)

#28 ·
I would be nice if we had a single site to get all files and such but, you have to search and read and look for some files I had a hard time of gettting the file from the Ainol site here is some directios as best as I acn share. some
one else posted this. Good luck.

the Trick to Download in a Fast Server is

To use Internet Download Manager. And when you login to the 115 site, do

not translate the page into English.

Let it in Chinese. Follow this GUIDE on how to Login.

Username: ainolnovo
Password: 123456789

Do not download at the 1st button. Always use the 2nd button. =D

new rom novo7 advaned II build 01/03/2012
not capture function
http://115.com/file/beapfgu0

http://115.com/file/c2v9f2s2
capture function, the switch and volume - two keys pressed

#31 ·
First of all did you install the PDAnet program/driver? Does it detect the tablet when you just have it powered on and plug up the usb? Is it windows xp or 7? If it detects the tablet when you have it plugged in, then run the USB driver install, unplug the tablet turn power off hold the menu button down plug in the usb cord while holding down the menu button hit the power button 5 times. Then launch LIVE Suite if it opens then the driver is loading correctly. Load up the file in live suite, then unplug usb and hold menu down then plug in usb and hit power button 5 times. It should then give you the options to load and format.

#32 ·
Hey Guys, I am not sure how to open a new thread so I will post this in different forums hoping to get a answer. So sorry in advanced.

With all the files coming out and reloading images files, loading all apps back. It would be nice after you get everything up and running with all of your apps and such to do and image of your device for a quick restore. Is there a way, a app or something to do that?

#34 ·
Well, I finally received my Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II, and realized (like so many others) that is does not have Android Market installed, even though numerous sites have specs that says it does. In the process of trying to root the device and add Market, I made a huge mistake. I used a script for the Novo Advanced (NOT II) and now the device will no longer boot. The initial screen comes up, moves to the screen with the flashing lights, and . . . that's it.

Does anyone know how to do a hard factory reset for this device? Any other advice? Thanks in advance.

#35 ·
#37 ·
Thanks for the detailed reply, mbee20. I found livesuit and installed on my PC. However, the link to the firmware seems to download an empty zip file. I've tried it three or four times, with the same result. When I try to unzip it, I get a 'This compressed (zipped) file is empty.' message. So, I am a little stuck at this point. I will keep looking for alternate firmware downloads and let you know.

#39 ·
Please help me!

1. I used Mr. Tasselhof's scripts, root sucessfull, but android market cannot open. I tried adding google account in settings but it only asks for an email.
2. So I tried lord's scripts and didnt work as well....

I tried to reflash my tablet but I cannot see the flash rom Image file... please help me.... please.

#40 ·
Goto System Settings > Accounts and Sync > Tap to your Google Account --- i dont have a Google account option... Please help... how do I reflash? can i re-root mytablet using Mr. Tasselhof's script again?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.