35 replies to this topic

#1 BamaPanda

BamaPanda

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:06 PM

Teclast has a new A10t Blade (AllWinner CS) coming ...9.7". Looks to be a very nice ..svelte tablet.
My link

Metal back with ...I think, some new sort of finish (maybe it will make it easier to hold). I like the front ..with a relatively simple and smaller surround ...edge to edge glass ...buttons must be on the edge.

Tempered glass with IPS? That sounds very nice.

And of course with ICS. :)

Opinions?

Edited by BamaPanda, 19 February 2012 - 03:07 PM.

#2 SztupY

SztupY

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:56 AM

Waiting for the price tag, that will decide.
I'm usually found at XDA

#3 bci

bci

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:10 AM

ownta is pre selling them for 209

#4 spaceone

spaceone

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:55 AM

Hotmid for 199$ http://hotmid.com/te...4-0-tablet.html
pandawill for 219$ http://www.pandawill...era-p56376.html

Any reviews yet? :)

#5 BamaPanda

BamaPanda

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:01 AM

Pretty sure I will be getting one of these ..even before a review. I will post back quickly if it works out.

A review will be nice, but to me when you have quality builders like Onda, Bmorn, Teclast and Ainol ..it really come down to features one likes, and the overall build. The important things to me are build quality, the screen ..and now I am looking for a tablet that is small ..slim, has less buttons

After all ....4.0 on a 1 Gb Onda will perform pretty much the same as 4.0 on a Teclast with 1 Gb ram.

:)

Edited by BamaPanda, 24 February 2012 - 01:02 AM.

#6 infamouskid

infamouskid

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

i got it.
Posted Image

Edited by infamouskid, 06 March 2012 - 02:15 PM.

#7 spaceone

spaceone

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

Does it work? :p

Any issues so far? What is wireless range? And battery life?
And where did you buy it?

Edited by spaceone, 06 March 2012 - 01:43 PM.

#8 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

Nice, how about a mini review?

For me it's between this and the Gemei G9 at the moment.

Thanks

Sent from my ZT ICS using Tapatalk
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#9 infamouskid

infamouskid

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:05 AM

battery life is great.
very little drain even watching videos.
it comes with stock 2.3.1.
flash 11.
youtube works.
netflix works.
skype works.
unit is super light. i think the lightest i have held in all the chinese tablets.
very thin as well.
unit does not get hot. cool to touch.
this could be because of its all aluminum body design.
hdmi works great.
i am trying to figure out how to get CWM on this sucker before i try anything else.
i was able to load 4.0.3 from the teclast site but decided to go back to 2.3.1 since i cannot get CWM working yet and i dont wanna mess with scripts and mods until i can make a backup.

Edited by infamouskid, 07 March 2012 - 10:06 AM.

#10 BamaPanda

BamaPanda

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:06 PM

Made a short vid for any that have interest.
The word used "thick" refers to the metal itself ..not the tablet ..which is 13mm 'thin' as far as I can tell.
My link

Edited by BamaPanda, 07 March 2012 - 06:07 PM.

#11 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

Thanks infamouskid for the mini review & bamapanda for the video. The tablet looks very slick indeed & performance even on 2.3 looked very nice.

I don't know why this tab isn't getting more attention!

Jez
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#12 BamaPanda

BamaPanda

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:15 PM

Thanks infamouskid for the mini review & bamapanda for the video. The tablet looks very slick indeed & performance even on 2.3 looked very nice.

I don't know why this tab isn't getting more attention!

Jez

Two reasons.

It has 8 Gb on board and a lot of similar offerings now have 16. Another I think is the fact a number of other offerings have more in the camera dept.

I actually was dead set on the Onda Vi40. It has more on board storage and far more camera, but I wanted something that looked LESS CHINA ..and more iPad ..if you follow.

What I intended to use the tablet for ..business, is overloaded with iPads. It may be a bit snobbish, but I think in this case a sleeker tab like the A10 fits in better.

I think the A10 Teclast lays claims to an image of quality that many others do not.

#13 manaurys

manaurys

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:14 PM

Is this better than the onda vi40
Does it have the market or an easy way to get it??
Thanks

#14 BamaPanda

BamaPanda

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:43 PM

I think in many ways they are two different animals.

On one hand they should perform pretty much identically, They should be equally reliable. The build quality should be equal. They should have equally good followup.

Once you get past that ..
*the Onda has the advantage with a bigger on board flash capacity and the better camera setup.
*the Teclast has the advantage in looking like an iPad; fitting in ...not looking like a Chinese tab

So only you can decide what is most important.

Me? I have a good camera, and 40Gb of storage is enough.

Not sure, but do gamers need a lot of room for the bigger games? Maybe they do, but if they are hard core .. would they be choosing one of these lower priced tabs to start with?

#15 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:38 PM

Two reasons.

It has 8 Gb on board and a lot of similar offerings now have 16. Another I think is the fact a number of other offerings have more in the camera dept.

I actually was dead set on the Onda Vi40. It has more on board storage and far more camera, but I wanted something that looked LESS CHINA ..and more iPad ..if you follow.

What I intended to use the tablet for ..business, is overloaded with iPads. It may be a bit snobbish, but I think in this case a sleeker tab like the A10 fits in better.

I think the A10 Teclast lays claims to an image of quality that many others do not.

The 8Gb vs 16Gb doesn't really bother as I'll be putting a 32Gb micro-sd in anyway (40Gb is plenty). The 1Gb of DDR3 is useful though.

The camera quality on a tablet doesn't bother me - I have a very good camera and my SGS2 for the odd snap or Skype.

One thing I noticed from the details of the tablet is that the screen viewing angle is 150 degrees. Many other IPS tablets quote 170 or even 180.
How have you found the viewing angles?

Thanks
Jez

#16 BamaPanda

BamaPanda

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:32 PM

The 8Gb vs 16Gb doesn't really bother as I'll be putting a 32Gb micro-sd in anyway (40Gb is plenty). The 1Gb of DDR3 is useful though.

The camera quality on a tablet doesn't bother me - I have a very good camera and my SGS2 for the odd snap or Skype.

One thing I noticed from the details of the tablet is that the screen viewing angle is 150 degrees. Many other IPS tablets quote 170 or even 180.
How have you found the viewing angles?

Thanks
Jez

Well, it sounds as if you have made similar observations I have made regarding these tablet choices.

As for viewing angle, I do not see how it could get any better, as I can lay the tab over all the way to the edge ..on any side, and the image stays vivid and clear. It is supposed to have the same screen as an iPad ..and it is made by LG.

I wish you well in your quest. Posted Image

#17 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:40 AM

Thanks for confirming that about the screen. Sometimes the specifications on Chinese retailer websites seem to have come from a random number generator :rolleyes:

I will post here if I take the plunge & order one. Where did you buy yours?

One other thing while I remember was your A10t rooted out of the box? I notice on the other forum for the older Rockchip based A10 that it wasn't rooted & people were having lots of problems getting it rooted.

Thanks
Jez

Edited by Jezzer, 09 March 2012 - 08:19 AM.

#18 frozz

frozz

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

Hello.
Just want to know something about screen.
Found this: http://v.youku.com/v...U2MjU2NDQw.html

Has anyone this problem?
Thanks.

#19 !Sumit

!Sumit

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • LocationSofia | New Delhi

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

Any IPS screen will have a viewing angle of 170+ ofcourse unless it's not an IPS really. :D
And LG has pretty good reputation regarding their products & I don't expect any less in their IPS technology too. Probably Teclast A10t screen might even be better than Aurora's Hitachi IPS.

~ 2006 - LG kg200 | 2007 - I-mate JAMA | 2008 - Sony Ericsson W850i | 2009 - HTC Touch HD | 2010 - Iphone 4 ~
~ 2007 - HP Pavillion Dv5t | 2009 - HP Probook 4510s ~
~ 2011 - Ainol Novo 7 Advanced | 2012 - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora ~
~ 2012 - SmartQ Ten3 T15 ~
... I ♥ Gadgets ...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
♪♪.. My Bollywood Cover Songs Channel on Youtube .. ♪♪
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#20 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:38 AM

Hello.
Just want to know something about screen.
Found this: http://v.youku.com/v...U2MjU2NDQw.html

Has anyone this problem?
Thanks.

Not good, maybe it was just a faulty one? BamaPanda does yours do this?

Jez