Android Tablets Forum banner

[Firmware] - Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II (N7A2) - Official / Unofficial Firmware Release

180K views 280 replies 107 participants last post by  downiebrownie 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After thinking about it for sometime, I decided to clean up some link and uploaded roms and firmwares I had on my hdd. If you want me to add more files here, please PM me with a working link so that I can personally download it and upload it into my account before adding them here. It can be frustrating when you look around for stock firmwares with unreliable download link. I previously uploaded them on AndroidTabletFirmware but suddenly the website is gone.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Firmware
ICS 4.0.1
- sun4i_crane_novo7fc-a3-201-10.rar

ICS 4.0.3

ICS 4.0.4
- Part 1
- Part 2

Unofficial Firmware/ROMs

GB 2.3.4 by Li Feiyu - Original Thread
-Download

CM10.1 by Starrcar - Original Thread
- 1) Flash ROM
- 2) Flash Advanced2 Module
- 3) Flash Google Apps

How to Flash ROM or Firmware?
If the file has a ZIP extension, please flash through CWM Recovery
If the file has a IMG extension, please flash through LiveSuite.

See less See more
Reactions: GadgetFreakz
#2 ·
#4 ·
yea me too.. currently, im crippled because my n7a2 have internal storage issue.. need to reformat and reflash to get it up and running (hopefully)..

#7 ·
anyone dl already? Im still downloading.. can someone please upload and mirror on mediafire..

#9 ·
can you list down the steps you did to update using this stock rom.. i am still downloading.. keeps on failing after sometime..

#10 ·
1. Installing the USB driver: Turn your PC and open usb debugging & stay awake. Connect the tablet to the computer via miniUSB cable. Running DPInst USB_Driver downloaded folder. After installation is complete, remove the cable and shutdown.

2. Flash ROM: Extract LiveSuitPack_v1.07.rar. Unzip the flash Rom placed in the LiveSuitPack_v1.07. LiveSuit.exe LiveSuitPack_v1.07.exe be run. And select Run LiveSuit.exe turn: YES - FORMAT - NEXT - YES and select img file of the flash Rom.
On the tablet press and hold the back button and a miniUSB cable plugged into the computer. When connected to computer and computer table and press the power button 5 times but not release the button back out.
Choose YES - YES.
Now your job is to sit and wait when a pop-up window, then click OK to jump out.

driver:
http://junefabrics.com/android/download.php
rom:

mediafire link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?dt2yx0pgch6tnzs
http://www.mediafire.com/?9hdjztbd0ntlios
http://www.mediafire.com/?23ouw1dbsd73fhz
have fun!!!

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
USB Driver: http://www.mediafire.com/?1p4ln5yn2u7v5jb
LivesuitPack_v1.07: http://www.mediafire.com/?d1yqpja5mrlnznz
Additional USB Driver: http://www.mediafire.com/?mlmddg7373mkubn

If Device not found error appear while installing the FullMarket Script.
Power-ON your Tablet > Go to System Settings > Developers Option.
Enable USB Debuging & Stay Awake. Connect Tablet to PC.
Open Device Manager and right-Click Android Device.
Install driver manually and Choose Downloaded Driver location.

1. Check the current baseband/firmware installed. Go to Menu > Settings > About Device.
Turn-On Tablet, go to System Settings > Developers Option.
Turn-ON USB Debugging & Stay Awake.

2. Connect the Tablet to PC and double-click DPInst to install the required USB Driver for your OS.

3. After installation, disconnect your Tablet to PC and Turn it OFF.

4. Extract the Livesuit Pack into a folder on your PC. Place the Firmware .img file inside the Livesuit Pack folder and double-click Livesuit.exe:

1st pop-up window click YES.
2nd pop-up window click FORMAT.
3rd pop-up window click NEXT.
4th pop-up window click YES.
5th pop-up window locate your selected FW image file and click OPEN.
6th pop-up window click FINISH.

5. On your Tablet, press and hold the Menu Button (-Volume Button) and connect the Tablet to PC.

6. As soon as you connect the USB Cable to PC, rapidly press the Power button 5 times without releasing the Menu Button (-Volume Button).

7th pop-up window click: (YES = Upgrade/Downgrade) (NO = Re-Flash to same Firmware)
8th pop-up window click: (YES = Upgrade/Downgrade)

7. You can now release the Menu button (-Volume Button) and wait for the upgrading to get finished.

9th pop-up window click FINISH or OK.

After Finishing Firmware Upgrading:

1. Disconnect the tablet to PC and Power-ON your Tablet.

2. Go to System Settings scroll down upto bottom and locate the [A] icon to change the Language.

3. Touch the very 1st option and choose English (US).

4. Go to System Settings > Developers Option > Turn-ON USB Debugging & Stay Awake.

5. Go to System Settings > Display >Sleep and set it to 2mins above.

6. Go To Settings > Sound and set Vibrate to Never and Disable Vibrate on Touch.

7. Reboot your Tablet.

IF Firmware Upgrading Fails, just press Power button for 30seconds and do the Firmware Upgrading again.
Ivanz's detail guide
@duytran: yeah, it's still a test ROM image. Hopefully N7A2 will get 4.0.3 soon. Did you succeed with any script for root and full market ?

#17 ·
Hi everyone, I have a problem with the update to firmware 4.0.3.
The update ends with no errors but when restarted the device vibrates constantly, screen images are oversized and the touchscreen is reversed (if I touch the upper-right is as if I were touching the bottom right corner).
Anyone else had these problems? How can I fix???

Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad english, I'm italian.

Paolo

#20 ·
Did you upgrade the Advanced II with Advanced I firmware (by mistake?) just like I did?

I have similar problem and now trying to find if there is any stok rom for this Advanced II type. Anyone?
I am also now downloading the pending firmware in a hope to get it fixed by uploading this fw.
Ainol website is crappy and I wonder why I bought their product in the first place

#24 ·
Pleas update if the momo9 firmware can be used on the N7A2.. once successful, i will update the first post to include the momo9..

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
Sorry, I was busy so cannot report back sooner.

So, is it possible to flash and USE MOMO9 firmware? In short - YES.
Credits goes to zenitram Look here

I am using LATEST momo9 firmware (4.0.3 Baseband 0.8 ) with Flash WORKING (so far based on very limited set of test) + transformation script + ivanz script with my own modifications + CWR 5 from XDA.
This ICS based on my set of definitions it is close to RC - so very usable.

Andrii.

Flash is working but there are some problems with 2D graphics ;-(

#26 · (Edited by Moderator)
thank so much for your information
Wanna try your way too but I don't know much about Ployer MOMO9 firmware
Isn't it MOMO9C-4.0-2012-0220 the newest thing. I've found it on http://www.virtual-productions.nl/default.asp?page=21
Did you test any MOD firmware like MOMO9C-4-Kevin yet ?

P/S: I did try flashing like you mentioned about and indeed it's baseband 0.8.However after applying the transformation script I have a constant vibration (maybe something's wrong with the vibrator.ko driver). The calibration of the screen was reverse up-down (i.e. I have to press on the top for bottom button and vice versa). After install Ivanz's script the screen became black which make me not to be able to do anything more

#39 ·
the buttons for menu and home has been remapped to volume- and volume+

#45 · (Edited by Moderator)
Downloaded and flashed the non-capture version, with the normal home and back buttons. First impressions are that this is a brilliant update.
Proper marketplace already installed. Not sure what apps/games are blocked if any, can anyone recommend one to check?
Flash 11.1.115.6 already installed. Watched desktop youtube with dolphin hd. Sound was stuttery on anything above 240p and seems a little buggy, but better than nothing
mobile youtube was fine
Touch screen sensitivity seems a little worse now. bit shaky sometimes, and seems to not be registering touches sometimes, but nothing major. Probably able to tweak this maybe. Will research this later.

Uploading this to a new mirror so others will be able to download faster. Will post the link here when it's done.

it's done

http://min.us/mSaKCnCYv

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.