Photo

all things ainol novo 7 paladin discussed here

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 50437

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationLeicester, Leicestershire, East Midlands, England, United Kingdom, Britain, Europe, Earth

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:04 AM

http://www.ainol-nov...ami-vindication

Covers almost anything from review of sellers to upgrading sodtware to review of working. Non working apks..
GOT RID OF: Gepad e10 7"inch green led also known as shyle 7inch wonder media via 8650, the build " generic -eng.2 froyo ver1.5.3-20110819.112300. And the kernel is 2.6.32.9-default

Brand new Ainol Novo 7 Paladin black running 4.0.1 android os.

Also have non rooted 7inch wifi htc flyer running 3.2 android os, with sense etc.

And finally best comes to last.. the zenithink c71 7inch n version and running 1206 update from zenithink website

#2 50437

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationLeicester, Leicestershire, East Midlands, England, United Kingdom, Britain, Europe, Earth

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:09 AM

f you already buy this Ainol Novo 7 basic tablet and want to get the android market full version on it, download latest market apk file. extract it on connected SD card of the tablet. Then install it on your tablet pc. It works to get android market full version on your Ainol Novo 7 basic tablet. ..... someone suggested that as A market fix
GOT RID OF: Gepad e10 7"inch green led also known as shyle 7inch wonder media via 8650, the build " generic -eng.2 froyo ver1.5.3-20110819.112300. And the kernel is 2.6.32.9-default

Also have non rooted 7inch wifi htc flyer running 3.2 android os, with sense etc.

And finally best comes to last.. the zenithink c71 7inch n version and running 1206 update from zenithink website

#3 50437

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:14 AM

Oooooo nice english manual and other useful stuff http://forum.worse site ever/forumdisplay.php?45-Ainol-Tablets

#4 50437

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Oooooo nice english manual and other useful stuff http://forum.worse site ever/forumdisplay.php?45-Ainol-Tablets

#5 50437

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

http://forum. mc bub .com/forumdisplay.php?45-Ainol-Tablets

#6 50437

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:34 AM

Gamesss http://www.pandawill...-Novo-7-Paladin

#7 50437

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:48 AM

Ghodt clicking your screen?¿ theres a fix .. http://www.pandawill...ches-on-Paladin

#8 micheale

micheale

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:29 AM

Gamesss uk ainol paladin http://www.android-t...blet-pc-8g.html

#9 50437

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

Games : Angry birds, 3D cars, etc. Apk format games supported??

And dual cameras.. that is not on paladin? The tablet in the link is the advanced 2 or other not paladin..

#10 rexyu

rexyu

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:09 AM

I'm just bought ainol paladin at kuala lumpur, very happy use on it ,nice touch screen ,nice feel on hold with white body design too, video playback just fine with loudspeaker, new os ver. Ics 4.0, very good on its long lasting battery 4000mah 6 to 7 hrs ,coz no 3G, gps, blutooh, camera but is good enough for me,not support flash, youtube no problem, 3d game is fine too coz it hav individual graphic, it make me no regret n know *ainol is good! Very worth price to hav it, just met a china good brand :good:

#11 reppoc

reppoc

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:59 AM

thanks for the info

#12 rexyu

rexyu

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:23 AM

my white paladin, have try a micro usb to female usb port to connect card reader, thumbdrive and mouse but no function,
why? anyone can help? its not have OTG feature?
and 1 more thing is sometime screen black after screen lock, need start over.

#13 50437

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:43 PM

my white paladin, have try a micro usb to female usb port to connect card reader, thumbdrive and mouse but no function,
why? anyone can help? its not have OTG feature?
and 1 more thing is sometime screen black after screen lock, need start over.

Hmm try update or downgrade to 4.0.1.. then use wired usb mouse that has light or laser and then a usb with the female adaptor.. try download good filebrowser. Mouse is weird problem.

#14 Benolam

Benolam

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:31 AM

Too weird. While there are reports and photographic evidence of Paladin working with E1750 3G modem http://tabletrepubli...king-585-2.html with a Chinese ISP, I've been so close but it just did not work.

The Paladin I got had the mobile network settings menu under Wireless and when I plugged in the modem + SIM with an OTG cable, it recognised it and identified the network and created 2 APNs automatically. But no matter what I did, it would try and connect, and the blue light on the modem was flashing but after about 40 seconds, said it had failed to connect to the network. Tried 2 different SIM cards and 2 different E1750 modems.

I then did a factory reset and lo and behold hte mobile network settings menu item was no longer there, but I could see a mobile connection setting app listed in All Apps but could not find a way to access the settings. I then upgraded to 4.0.3 and still no mobile settings menu and the app is still listed in All Apps.

So, not sure why it shipped with the mobile settings menu and then lost it on reset. I'm going to try and reburn 4.0.1 from the Ainol Chinese download site and see if it comes back so I can continue trying to connect. Btw, my supplier checked with the factory and they said the Paladin does not support 3G modems so it is weird that the settings were there and it almost connected if it is not supposed to support 3G modems.

#15 jasandalb

jasandalb

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:40 PM

Just got mine yesterday and after removing alot of the chinese apps I'm pretty pleased with it.
Still trying to find a facbeook app.

#16 rexyu

rexyu

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:06 AM

Too weird. While there are reports and photographic evidence of Paladin working with E1750 3G modem http://tabletrepubli...king-585-2.html with a Chinese ISP, I've been so close but it just did not work.

The Paladin I got had the mobile network settings menu under Wireless and when I plugged in the modem + SIM with an OTG cable, it recognised it and identified the network and created 2 APNs automatically. But no matter what I did, it would try and connect, and the blue light on the modem was flashing but after about 40 seconds, said it had failed to connect to the network. Tried 2 different SIM cards and 2 different E1750 modems.

I then did a factory reset and lo and behold hte mobile network settings menu item was no longer there, but I could see a mobile connection setting app listed in All Apps but could not find a way to access the settings. I then upgraded to 4.0.3 and still no mobile settings menu and the app is still listed in All Apps.

So, not sure why it shipped with the mobile settings menu and then lost it on reset. I'm going to try and reburn 4.0.1 from the Ainol Chinese download site and see if it comes back so I can continue trying to connect. Btw, my supplier checked with the factory and they said the Paladin does not support 3G modems so it is weird that the settings were there and it almost connected if it is not supposed to support 3G modems.

Thx for sharing at here, i also wonder buy a 3g sim modem. Hope someone can help you connect internet. And teach us here k. You means cable also have normal and OTG version? Omg, i didnt know it.

#17 Benolam

Benolam

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:35 AM

Thx for sharing at here, i also wonder buy a 3g sim modem. Hope someone can help you connect internet. And teach us here k. You means cable also have normal and OTG version? Omg, i didnt know it.

The Paladin comes with a USB cable only. You need to get an OTG cable yourself, although some sellers will bundle one in the pack. I just used the one that came with the Advanced II which I also have.

#18 Benolam

Benolam

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

OK, a lot of the apps on the Paladin are not included in the official ROM and after a factory reset need to be added back from a package of .apk files available for download from the Ainol portal. Most of them are of no interested to those outside of China, but I did notice that one of them was mobilemanager.apk

That is actually the application that comes up when selecting Mobile Networks under Wireless Settings and also appears as an ordinary application on the homepage. If you remove it from the device, the Mobile option no longer appears under Wireless Settings. As opposed to other models like the Novo8 where it is fully integrated and comes under More... in Wireless Settings and actually works on any 3G network I have tried.

So it looks like mobilemanager.apk is an add-on which Ainol have cobbled together to support Chinese 3G networks only and there must be some code in it that works only with those networks since nobody outside of China, as far as I know, has been able to get the Paladin to work with 3G. I got real close with it saying 'Connecting to Vodafone Internet...' but it then failed.

Edited by Benolam, 03 March 2012 - 08:08 PM.

#19 rexyu

rexyu

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:44 PM

Hi benolam how going with ur 3G now?
And anyon ca n install Draw somehig app?

#20 theVenerable

theVenerable

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:06 AM

Hi,

I had teething troubles, setting up the paladin but am ok now.

I think its great , specially for the price.

two questions tho.

1. Where can I get a screen protector for it? all the places i see are in asia.
I am in uk, but cant see any on ###########. Maybe a protector for a different model perfectly fits the paladin also?

2. The battery charger: I dont have an adaptor for it, butI am using a different usb plug charger that seems to work.. it takes a very long time to charge.
What is the best charger to use for this device?
The one it came with?(id just have to get a usa to uk plug convertor).

Or can a more powerfull one be risked, speeding up the charging time?

Thanks

Edited by theVenerable, 04 April 2012 - 03:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users