Android Tablets Forum banner

How to disassemble your Eken M001 ( Video)

12K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  wedaq 
#1 ·
For members out there wanting to mod the hardware , here is a video guide to get your Slate apart.Thanks to Willo EKEN M001 Disassembly Guide!

#3 ·
Great video. Of course, after pulling mine apart more than a few times, the plastic catcher clips on the top are not what they used to be. Rather than a jeweller's screw driver, I like using a stiff guitar pick to prise apart the two halves. Just less chance of scatching the plastic. But that again is coming from the guy who uses a little crazy glue now and then to keep his EKEN in one piece. ;D

#10 ·
Wanted to say thanks for this....Mine arrived today but much to my dismay!! It had no backlight..Rather than wait for a replacement I made the executive decision to TEAR IT DOWN lol...Lucky I did. All that was wrong was a poorly soldered (in fact disconnected) *********** lead to the backlight. I carefully soldered it back on and tinned the wire first, I didnt even apply the solder tip to the joint, just let the heat from the wire pass through and whalla!!! Was ll good again. I broke a tab on the inside, but no one will ever know. Enjoying my Eken right now.I must admit.....the build quality is pretty low. But not to worry!! I paid little for it.

#11 ·
[quote author=sed8ed link=topic=335.msg5891#msg5891 date=1275906564]I carefully soldered it back on and tinned the wire first, I didnt even apply the solder tip to the joint, just let the heat from the wire pass through and whalla!!! [/quote]Now that's good soldering technique! Tinning and then heating through the source so as not to overheat the board. You know what you're doing, for sure!

#13 ·
[quote name='maggs;3079]if i wanted to respray the case to mod it' date=' how easy is it to tip all the boards and screen out?is the screen all clipped into the case on the front panel? and is it in there really firmly?cheers[/QUOTE']I'll second this request, the cheap white SHINY plastic & dust under the screen is bugging me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.