• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:19 PM

hi guy's,

here over in belgium there is a reseller that offers this tablet

http://www.gadget-st...fi-/-16gb-/-nl/

also avalable at pandawill

youtube review

has anyone experience with this tablet ?
It looks like the standard A10 9.7 tablet, but with less good camera's than the onda vi40
also seem to have less battery
do you think i will be able to run the market scrip's or even use a VI'40 ROM ?

thx

Edited by bartd, 16 February 2012 - 12:19 PM.

#2 fukxou

fukxou

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:43 PM

I just got this in the mail yesterday and I like it so far. I was able to load market and stuff using the modified onda script. If I was to do it again I would modify the General allwinner script to install the other stuff like framworks and google talk, but I was able to load it all up afterwards with es file explorer. Mine actually came with 4.0.3 installed. The firmware is now on uppo's website. DO not use the the General Allwinner script as mine got into a boot loop however I found the OEM firmware and was able to reflash and all is good now.

#3 kirkinezi

kirkinezi

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:35 PM

I just got this in the mail yesterday and I like it so far. I was able to load market and stuff using the modified onda script. If I was to do it again I would modify the General allwinner script to install the other stuff like framworks and google talk, but I was able to load it all up afterwards with es file explorer. Mine actually came with 4.0.3 installed. The firmware is now on uppo's website. DO not use the the General Allwinner script as mine got into a boot loop however I found the OEM firmware and was able to reflash and all is good now.

Hello, can you link the UPPO website, I'm having a hard time to find it.
Thanks

#4 bartd

bartd

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

Hi fukxou

thanks for the imput, can you be more clear on witch modified script you used then ( link maybe )

Also i just find out this tablet uses a LED screen :-) , do you "see" it, im mean the contrast would be very good on LED.

#5 bartd

bartd

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:03 PM

Hello, can you link the UPPO website, I'm having a hard time to find it.
Thanks

http://translate.goo...azHM0xdIUzDTisw

#6 fukxou

fukxou

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

I used the onda script the second time I installed market, but I forgot to copy out the original Builid.prop file. So I am using the Onda Build.prop right now.

#7 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:57 AM

Hey the spec on this looks great for the money. Like the sound of LED backlighting too.

I noticed some other similar spec tablets on Pandawill. Anyone got any of these and able to review/comment?

Embel EB9702 - http://www.pandawill...9Y60d3T4d8713f5

ICOO D90w - http://www.pandawill...9Y60d3T4d8713f5

Ampe A90 - http://www.pandawill...ack-p56329.html

Thanks
Jez

Sent from my Zenithink zt280 ICS 20120211 OK900 kernel
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#8 kirkinezi

kirkinezi

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:58 PM

I also found these tablets very interesting. The problem is that I can't find any of them in stock at a trustworthy seller. Icoo d90w or bmorn v99 (which now comes with 1G memory) are my primary "targets", and uppo 8003 or ampe a90 my "secondary". Pandawill, merimobiles and ownta haven't got them in stock. Do anyone know any other good seller to check availability ??
Thanks

#9 spridget

spridget

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:54 AM

cancelled my order from angelprices.com , uppo out of stock and wont be restocked ...

#10 fukxou

fukxou

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:47 PM

New firmware available 4.0.3.9
http://115.com/file/...o-8003__4.0.3.9

#11 boromir01

boromir01

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:44 AM

New firmware available 4.0.3.9
http://115.com/file/...o-8003__4.0.3.9

hello fukxou,

till yesterday i have an uppo 8003 too.
can you explain me, how i can install the market on it? I had tried but the market crashs.
on the tablet is android 4.0.3 installed.

many thanks and greetings from germany

#12 fukxou

fukxou

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

Try using the one from the vi40. I have been mainly using that script followed by manaully adding some of the frameworks and such for gtalk.

#13 ForeverOneTeam

ForeverOneTeam

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:18 AM

I also found these tablets very interesting. The problem is that I can't find any of them in stock at a trustworthy seller. Icoo d90w or bmorn v99 (which now comes with 1G memory) are my primary "targets", and uppo 8003 or ampe a90 my "secondary". Pandawill, merimobiles and ownta haven't got them in stock. Do anyone know any other good seller to check availability ??
Thanks

I have seen "bmorn v99" on bestmid.com, on stock, but they have the 512MB RAM version (they have UPPO on stock too).
Where did you found the 1 GB RAM one? When it was released the new upgraded version?

#14 csoka

csoka

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:33 AM

I ordered from Pandawill the SYSBAY S-MP99. The specification totally same than UPPO PO8003. Can I use the firmwires between the two (or other similar) tablets?
What do you think?
And what about rooting?

Edited by csoka, 11 March 2012 - 05:34 AM.

#15 alexo

alexo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

Try using the one from the vi40. I have been mainly using that script followed by manaully adding some of the frameworks and such for gtalk.

Could you please let me know how you were able to use the VI40 firmware on UPPO PO8003? I tried using Livesuit but the instructions are difficult to follow.

#16 nico89

nico89

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

I have also an Uppo PO8003 tablet. I have installed the newest firmware (4.0.3.9) but im not happy with the speed of the tablet. It's not as smooth as i had expected. Browser is also laggy. I think with better firmware there can be a better performance.. also games like Shadowgun are running, but not verry smooth.. i think because the firmware is crappy. Are there compatible firmwares from other tablets? or is a script available to get better performance?
Writing Englisch is difficult... for me haha :p

#17 LVL

LVL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

I have also an Uppo PO8003 tablet. I have installed the newest firmware (4.0.3.9) but im not happy with the speed of the tablet. It's not as smooth as i had expected. Browser is also laggy. I think with better firmware there can be a better performance.. also games like Shadowgun are running, but not verry smooth.. i think because the firmware is crappy. Are there compatible firmwares from other tablets? or is a script available to get better performance?

Did you download the sysbay S-MP99 firmware?

#18 nico89

nico89

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

No, i've downloaded the official Uppo firmware. Is the Sysbay firmware compatible with the Uppo? and is the Sysbay firmware better, or the same as Uppo. They look like the same so maybe the firmware is also the same..

#19 LVL

LVL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:41 AM

No, i've downloaded the official Uppo firmware. Is the Sysbay firmware compatible with the Uppo? and is the Sysbay firmware better, or the same as Uppo. They look like the same so maybe the firmware is also the same..

You said you had the 4.0.3 V9 android version installed, but I don't see that on uppo's site???
As far as I know, the UPPO PO8003 and Sysbay S-MP99 are the same. You can always try, if it doesn't work you can always flash the stock uppo firmware ;)
This is because a firmware update doesn't change the bootloader and recovery, it just flashes the /system, /data, /boot etc.

#20 nico89

nico89

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:12 AM

No, it's not available at the Uppo website. I will try the Sysbay firmware in the weekend.

Uppo official firmware 4.0.3.9:

Chinese site: http://115.com/file/dp5k7n9x
Russian mirror: http://narod.ru/disk...0229v2.img.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users