Photo

Touchscreen glitches (or what you call it)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Nchinyf2k

Nchinyf2k

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

Mine also have same problem when charge the tablet touch screen not respond where i touch, always giving wrong input, but when I unplug the charger it working perfectly again, I test with gesture test it giving a spike randomly even I draw a straight line...test with GB n ICS same problem :(

#22 sergpalm

sergpalm

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:28 AM

I solve his problem

http://www.slatedroi...rmware-updates/

1) Touchscreen is screwy. Often extra letters are added while typing or the wrong letters are added. No matter how carefull you type. Seems to be really bad if you try to type fast. Common errors are a 'g' when space bar is selected and 'n' when backspace is selected.(fixed this by switching to the GO keyboard and pad plugin. Highly recommend this.) Also scrolling in Dolphin HD causes page to zoom sometimes. Very annoying.

All work when i charging device

#23 Swede

Swede

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:54 AM

After playing more with the device I have some more observations about the touchscreen:

- It may sound crazy, but I think the screen is detecting my hand through the reverse side of the tablet! When I hold with my palm on the back (white) side, it thinks things are being touched... if I set it on a table it's not so bad. I have not opened up the tablet yet; I wonder if it has sufficient shielding on the back of the touchscreen.

- The on-screen keyboard often adds "cvt" to everything I type. Each letter, or backspace. Always those 3 letters, not always in the same order. Seems like this happens when it is in landscape orientation. Rotating the device to portrait will usually "fix" it temporarily.

- I made video of the tablet sitting alone, touching itself. ;) It started doing crazy zooming and scrolling. It lasted for about 2 minutes and then went back to normal. Device was not hot at the time... I will upload the video to youtube later and post a link here.

- I'm in Missouri, neighbor to Oklahoma, and it gets very humid here in the summer but it's very dry at this time of year (just snowed a couple days ago) and extremely dry in my house (I get shocked whenever I touch metal).

That's what I'm talking about, I dont think it's moistire or something, I think it's not proper shielding or earthing of the touchscreen. (Sorry for my english, im Swedish)

#24 Swede

Swede

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:01 AM

I solve his problem

http://www.slatedroi...rmware-updates/

1) Touchscreen is screwy. Often extra letters are added while typing or the wrong letters are added. No matter how carefull you type. Seems to be really bad if you try to type fast. Common errors are a 'g' when space bar is selected and 'n' when backspace is selected.(fixed this by switching to the GO keyboard and pad plugin. Highly recommend this.) Also scrolling in Dolphin HD causes page to zoom sometimes. Very annoying.

All work when i charging device

Ok, fine, but that doesn't fix the problem when I'm on the settings meny and touch an application and the touchpad goes back instead..
This is my second C 71 tablet with the same problem, I'm gonna check out me third tomorrow..
Also, I'm running latest stock ICS but have tried all the other FW wo success, touchscreen is funky..:-(

#25 Nchinyf2k

Nchinyf2k

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:22 AM

I suspect is my charger problem that causing the touch screen randomly press during charging, each time i chrge my c71 the backlight start flickering suspect the voltage unstable causing touch screen not responsive, previously i had a china made phone when i charge the phone the touch screen were not respond...

My charger rate input 230~240v output 5v i don't know whether u guys having same type charger as mine...i try to mod the charger cable which can be use with my iphone charger and see if any improvement...

#26 vonnig

vonnig

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:36 AM

I had that for a while but with the last february 2012 release of the GB f/w it seems to have been resolved. I haven't had much problems with the jumping screen and random tapping since flashing that firmware.
ZT280_E7_1f_C71_Android2.3_0217_GO_V1.14

#27 n3wid

n3wid

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:33 PM

i "fixed" it after i upgrade to ics.
i download it from www.zenithink.com
im using zt280 c71 (f)
im not using go keyboard
zt280 c71 xx2fxx exaflop-ics v0.3

#28 Swede

Swede

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

i "fixed" it after i upgrade to ics.
i download it from www.zenithink.com
im using zt280 c71 (f)
im not using go keyboard

I have made some additional discoveries, when I lay the tablet on a table and use the touchscreen the jumps is significantly less compared to when I lay in bed and holds the tablet in my hand. This leads to the conclusion that the random jumps comes from the body's electric spikes. I think if one would ground the touchscreen properly the problem would disappear..

#29 tErr0r

tErr0r

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:46 AM

I bought the C71 2 weeks ago & immediately had problems with phantom touches on the screen, usually after about 20 minutes when it starts to heat up & also constantly when charging the tablet. I had this problem no matter which ROM I tried, ICS or GB.

I opened up the back cover of the tablet & the problem was obvious. The lousy thing is very poorly insulated, just a few strips of kapton tape here & there. Basically, the motherboard was right on top of the LCD panel & they were touching. I removed the motherboard & taped a sheet of paper on back of the LCD covering all the exposed area under the motherboard. Voila, no more phantom touch.

If you're thinking of doing this, I suggest using kapton tape. I didn't have any handy so I used paper, which works pretty well an insulator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users