Bluetooth Support on Ainol Tablets

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 ricardopcunha

ricardopcunha

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:20 AM

External 3G it´s supported, but, any one can inform if this model suports external bluetooth?

#2 jasonthomasdesign

jasonthomasdesign

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:24 PM

External 3G it´s supported, but, any one can inform if this model suports external bluetooth?

I've been researching the Novo 7 Aurora. From what I heard, they aren't compatible with them — at least not the Aurora but since the Aurora isn't too different from other Ainol tablets (and it's the best so far), I'm going to say that bluetooth dongles aren't compatible. Maybe someone can solder a chip onto one? I've heard there might be a possibility for that.

#3 klwaghela

klwaghela

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:08 AM

Hi experts,

Can anybody tell me that Aurora supports the SIM voice calling ? Can we make GSM phone calls from the table?

Thank you all in advance for your answer

#4 etaxi2004

etaxi2004

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:52 AM

Hi,

So I guess there is no chance with any ext BT working on elf. Sigh!!!

#5 Dansplans

Dansplans

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:15 PM

There were previous reports of external bluetooth working on the Novo 7 Advanced. Search those forums and you may find some good news.

The Elf and Aurora have a menu item called bluetooth share. Don't know what it is or how it works, but it gives hope.......
AndroidTabletFirmware.com
FlashMyAndroid.com

Ainol Novo 7 Advanced
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II
OEM Novo 7 Advanced
Ainol Novo 7 Elf
Ainol Novo 7 Aurora
Teclast P76
C91 Zepad
Onda Vi10 Elite Elf
Ampe A90

#6 el56

el56

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:50 AM

Not built in, but it may be possible.
The Novo7 supports USB "OnTheGo" (OTG) and in fact many seem to be shipping with an OTG cable (which looks like a USB cable but is a female end rather than male). It can be used to attach a USB pendrive, keyboard and some 3G dongles, but it might be also able to work with a Bluetooth USB device.

I'll be testing this when I receive my device.

#7 TheDoctah

TheDoctah

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:37 AM

The Novo7 supports USB "OnTheGo" (OTG) and in fact many seem to be shipping with an OTG cable (which looks like a USB cable but is a female end rather than male). It can be used to attach a USB pendrive, keyboard and some 3G dongles, but it might be also able to work with a Bluetooth USB device.

Please do report back on this!

I'm also curious, if the bluetooth works, could we use it to create a DUN connection with a blackberry.

#8 ricardopcunha

ricardopcunha

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:55 AM

So, can I put a usb hub on Ainol novo? Because I need use 3g huawei and bluetooth.

#9 NuSuey

NuSuey

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:26 AM

This would be awesome. Haven't thought about this, but this would solve many things!
Keep us updated!

#10 e8hffff

e8hffff

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:10 AM

Hi experts,

Can anybody tell me that Aurora supports the SIM voice calling ? Can we make GSM phone calls from the table?

Thank you all in advance for your answer

On Hardware flowcharts I've seen, there is no radio, 3g, bluetooth or gps. All those have to be enabled through a usb channel and the OS. Maybe there are hidden features, but I then recommend seeking the datasheet for the Allwinner A10 and examining it for possibilities.

#11 Pitabread

Pitabread

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

I hope it's possible! I got a cheap usb-to-bluetooth adapter from Newegg store called "AZiO BTD211 Micro Bluetooth Adapter USB 2.0" and it comes with a disc with drivers software for Windows. It works fine in my Windows 7. Of course this does not work in my Novo7 Advanced II with ICS 4.0.3, but the USB pen/thumb drive and keyboard does. I guess Android needs drivers for these kind of adapters. Maybe an adapter specifically designed for major brand tablets that don't have builtin bluetooth may work....hm still searching for those though...on google, and in chinese online stores like spemall... alright good luck.

#12 Pitabread

Pitabread

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:30 PM

So, can I put a usb hub on Ainol novo? Because I need use 3g huawei and bluetooth.

you should use a powered USB 2.0 hub (one with power supply) in the usb port of Ainol novo. and then connect multiple USB devices. bluetooth adapter may -not- work though.

#13 DingDong

DingDong

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:38 PM

Unfortunately you may not want bluetooth on, or anywhere near, this machine.

I bought a pair or bluetooth headphones, the ones with their own transitter that plugs into the 3.5mm jack and the bluetooth kills dead the wifi signal.. Everything works fine if I don't use the headphones, streaming, the net, the lot but as soon as I plug in and pair the headphones it kills my signal, I can't stream and the net takes ages, and ages to load a page.

So there's interference going on and you just can't use both together.

Kinda sucks.

Edited by DingDong, 07 April 2012 - 05:46 PM.

#14 bruno504

bruno504

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

I've installed the rom 4.0.3 base 1.1 vers 405 by feiyu and BT works more or less great, and I said that because only works with my old BT dongle 1.0. I can transfer files througth BT, and also use a external BT GPS receiver with "bluetooth gps provider" application and Maps application from google. But it doesn't work with my little new BT 2.0 dongle as it seems not being recognised or the speed communication via usb is incompatible.

#15 axim

axim

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:07 AM

this is ainol elf + tinytech bt doogle + nokia asha 302

can use the phone as 3g modem and surf using ainol

but not stable cause tablet will restart if u want to switch off the BT

Attached File  Photo0168.jpg   220.13KB   75 downloadsAttached File  Photo0173.jpg   220.46KB   73 downloadsAttached File  Photo0170.jpg   246.73KB   64 downloads

#16 F&LSuperstore

F&LSuperstore

Advanced Member

• Authorized Business Seller (ABS)
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:45 AM

With Talkatone & Google Voice you don't need "GSM" phone call capabilities. You can make calls from any tablet with those two apps and a simple data connection (Even 3g). There are other carriers than GSM also. Think outside the box. This is the reason you purchased an Android and not a slave's device iPad / iPhone.

If you own an Android phone, tether your connection from your tablet to your phone. Stop being a slave of your carrier and root your phone and abuse it for the things it was built to do with tether for root. Just google it. Google is the world's friend.

As far as BT goes. It can be enabled through the OS with just the script updates. The issue is you have to have a driver for the BT dongles that is compiled with the Kernel version you have. If you even had such a module you could load it to your tablet and do a simple adb shell insmod (insertnameofmodulehere) and load the module to memory and your dongle will work.

I guess I need to make a talkatone demo. I'm surprised more people don't know about it by now.
Posted Image
Frank, President
F&L Superstore - www.flsuperstore.com
email: frank@flsuperstore.com
blog: flsuperstore.wordpress.com
MSN: flsuperstore@gmail.com

#17 Guest_bmnot_*

Guest_bmnot_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:51 AM

My USB bluetooth dongle works with the Novo7 Elf. Doesn't crash when turning on and off and everything seems to be fine.

For the record, I'm using feiyu's latest ROM.

#18 axim

axim

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

My USB bluetooth dongle works with the Novo7 Elf. Doesn't crash when turning on and off and everything seems to be fine.

what brand of the bt doggle?

#19 tb205gti

tb205gti

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:51 AM

What BT dongle do you use?

#20 Adrian S

Adrian S

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:45 AM

hi guys I intend to create my own USB cable today and connect several devices to it. will come back on this post to tell you how it went. I have a 7 Venus and I'm not experienced with android but to my opininon it should autodetect the external connected hardwere. will see

... right... so I made the cable, connected several devices, installed USB mass storage, USB otg, usb host controller... all from Google play but nothing worked, nothing was detected not even the 4 gig flahdrive.

Edited by Adrian S, 23 March 2013 - 12:59 PM.