Android Tablets Forum banner

[ROOT] - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora - Tasselhof - ROOT & Market - Script & Tools

35K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  taekimon 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello All,

In this post is a relatively basic .BAT script.

[hr]
Download Link: Mediafire.com - Tasselhof-RootScript.rar

Alternate Link: DropBox.com - Tasselhof-RootScript.rar

This is a straightforward script.
It's sole purpose is to get your device rooted and provide the tools to verify it.
- Cleaned Up some extra unneeded files and added the Android Market App Upgrade from ContemptX! - Thanks!

I have added some options to Disable and Enable services to hopefully help with battery life.

**IMPORTANT PRE-CHECK LIST**

Connect your tablet using the OTG port (normal procedure)
-
YOU MUST USE THE INCLUDED USB CABLE
Make sure USB Debugging is ENABLED

- Settings --> Applications --> Development --> USB debugging (Green Checkmark)
Make sure to check Device Manager to ensure that there aren't any devices with a yellow exclamation mark.
- Right Click on My Computer --> Manage Device --> Device Manager
Here is a link to a driver package I created... (not positive it contains the needed one for this device, but it is a good place to start)
- Download Link: Mediafire.com - Android-USB-MultipleDriverPack.rar

http://www.mediafire...763ybcba6zmwfc8

1 Download
2 Extract
3 Copy 'adb' from you android sdk to extracted folder.
4 Run script
5 Enjoy

I tried it only on mac, but i think it must work in linux too. =)

See less See more
#5 ·
MrTasselhof, thaks for you script, but I have some problem with that, on screenshot you can see that problem It's like what adb dont have acces to file system on tablet pc, because I am try handly write command for root over system cmd+adb and have another error, adb can not open /bin/su (in full commands ADB push su-3.0.3.2-efghi-signed /bin/su
ADB shell chown 0.0 /bin/su
ADB shell chmod 04755 /bin/su) So, may be you know why I have that problem
P.S. My tablet pc Advenced 2 with Anfroid 4.0.3 from 3 march, I connect tablet to pc with debbug mode
P.P.S. Sorry sor my English

#21 ·
Hi bro!,

Im new here and find this site really interesting even though I couldnt manage to root my aurora
I got the same screen as you posted here, could you tell me how you rooted your device step by step please?
Id really appreciate your help!... thanks in advance

#6 ·
I uploaded the Firmware to the latest version (4.0.3 0.9)

I run your script to try to root the tablet it looked like it went succesfully but when I do rootchecker I get:

Root Access is not properly configured or was not granted
superuser.apk - com.noshufoe.android.sa - version 2.3.6.3 is installed

alternate su binary location:
/snib/su: Permission denied

SU binary not found in system declared PATH

Any idea what I can do next to get the tablet rooted.

I want to change the build.prop back from novo advance to GT-I9100 so I can install some apps I used before updating the firmware.

Thanks

#7 ·
hi. advanced 2 is my first meeting with android and i wanna ask that, if i install this rootscript and lordsbm script on my tablet, how can i return the factory settings ( the first day i open the tablet ) thanks for your reply. greetings from Turkey.

#11 ·
Hey Guys, I am not sure how to open a new thread so I will post this in different forums hoping to get a answer. So sorry in advanced.

With all the files coming out and reloading images files, loading all apps back. It would be nice after you get everything up and running with all of your apps and such to do and image of your device for a quick restore. Is there a way, a app or something to do that?

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
is it possible to re-root the advanced 2 again?
I used this script, and rooting was a success, I cannot log in to google using the market though, when i Goto System Settings > Accounts and Sync > no Google Account option...

I also cannot find busy box on my apps and I cannot enter a google account into the tablet... please help...

Thank you guys so much...

#15 ·
Mr Tasselhoff,

I bought my wife an Ainol Novo7 Advanced 2 tablet from merrimobiles. I ran your script to get the market installed, and it seemed to work out fine. It seems that lately, the tablet is running very, very slow, and getting hung up a lot while web browsing. Netflix is not running well at all either, and she told me that even Angry birds is getting hung up. Does this sound like something you have run across before, and do you have any recommendations? Thanks.

#18 ·
I have run the script but when I press 1 to very the connection I get:

Code:
Running Connection Test<br />
-Make sure you have only one device listed.<br />
<br />
* daemon not running. starting it now *<br />
ADB server didn't ACK<br />
* failed to start daemon *<br />
error: cannot start daemon<br />
Done.
In my computer I see two removable storage devices but none of them are accessible. PDAnet is running on my tablet with USB tether mode enabled. When I right click on the pdanet icon in my windows system tray and select "connect internet" I get this message: "HTC Sync Error =-1"

#22 ·
how come when i test the root sript it always says "adb is not recognized as an internal or external command" ?? i've got my drivers installed correctly and i also installed android sdk tools , platform tools and google usb drivers and pdanet..i can't root my ainol novo7 aurora II
i need help..thanks

#25 ·
when I ran the Tasselhof root script, I encountered the "adbd cannot run as root in production builds" and I'm now stuck. Does anyone know a workaround to this?

I tried using a program called unrootlock but it was crap. It tried installing all kinds of search bars on my browser, at the same time, it would just hang my PC while trying to unroot my tablet.

Hoping to get some ideas to work around the "adbd cannot run as root in production builds" issue.

More details of my problem here
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/39923-ampe-a85-will-not-power-on-please-help/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.