Android Tablets Forum banner

Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II - Information - Discussion - Reviews w/ Video

38K views 49 replies 28 participants last post by  tenshi 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This thread is for the discussion of General Topics and Specs for the Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II
Link: Merimobiles.com - Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II
[hr]

I have received an Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II to review.
I will attempt to populate this forum with more information as time permits.

Video Review Completed
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II - First Review - … HD - by: MrTasselhof

Here is my quick and dirty review of the device:

If you like the Novo 7 Advanced, then you will like the Novo 7 Advanced II

The basic differences for the Advanced II from the first generation are:
Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) - Android 4.0
Only 1 camera instead of two... just on the front and upgrade to 2.0mp instead of the .3mp on the first generation
Slightly slimmer/softer design

I haven't used the device too much yet, but I expect similar performance to the first advanced and the aurora.
**UPDATE**
I have done some preliminary comparisons between the Advanced and the Advanced II

The Advanced II is slightly slimmer than the original, but it is also wider and has beveled edges on the top and bottom portion of the back when in landscape.
I also checked the screens. The Advanced II appears to have a lot more lower brightness range. They are about the same on full brightness.
The Advanced II is running ICS 4.0.1 for better or worse (depends on your uses and preferences).
- The ICS build on the Advanced II seems almost identical to the stock ICS 4.0.1 build for the Aurora.
The Advanced II does not come with the market out of the box, but you can run the Allwinner tablet script to get it installed and operational.

You can always check out my video for the first generation to get a feel for the device.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znCVezGX_M8

You can also check out my videos for the Aurora to get a feel for the Android ICS OS.
1st Review - Great Device!
2nd Review - Viewers Choice
3rd Review - HDMI Out Special

Thanks,

Tasselhof

Product
Ainol NOVO 7 Advanced II 8GB 1.5GHz ICS 4.0 HDMI 1080p 2.0MP Camera Warranty
1 Year, click here for detailsCPU
Adopts A10 1.5GHz (current firmware running on 1.0GHz) OS
Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Memory
512MB DDR, 8GB Nandflash built in
Add up to 32GB via micro sd card Screen
7" Capacitive 5 points Multitouch Screen
800*480px Audio
Built in Loud Speaker
Supported Audio Formats: MP3, WMA, APE, FLAC, Video
Supports 1080P videos: MKV, AVI, VOB, MPG, FLV, RMVB. What's New
  • Ice Cream Sandwich Os
  • Slimmer body
  • Better Front Fracing Camera of 2.0MP
Features and highlights
  • Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0
  • Up to 1.5GHz A10 processor
  • HDMI out 1080p
  • Ebook support
  • Gsensor
  • Mini USB port
  • Wifi 802.11b/g/n
  • Slim body
  • 3.5mm audio jack
  • Front camera 2.0
Camera
Front Facing Camera 2.0 MP Battery
Built in Battery Up to 6 hours via wifi, 35 hours audio time, 8 hours video Package
Content
  • Ainol NOVO 7 Advanced II
  • USB cable
  • Charger
  • Earphones

See less See more
1 2
#3 ·
This thread is for the discussion of General Topics and Specs for the Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II
Link: Merimobiles.com - Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II
[/url]​
[hr]

I have received an Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II to review.
I will attempt to populate this forum with more information as time permits and post the video review once completed.

Here is my quick and dirty review of the device:

Product
Ainol NOVO 7 Advanced II 8GB 1.5GHz ICS 4.0 HDMI 1080p 2.0MP Camera Warranty
1 Year, click here for detailsCPU
Adopts A10 1.5GHz (current firmware running on 1.0GHz) OS
Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Memory
512MB DDR, 8GB Nandflash built in
Add up to 32GB via micro sd card Screen
7" Capacitive 5 points Multitouch Screen
800*480px Audio
Built in Loud Speaker
Supported Audio Formats: MP3, WMA, APE, FLAC, Video
Supports 1080P videos: MKV, AVI, VOB, MPG, FLV, RMVB. What's New
  • Ice Cream Sandwich Os
  • Slimmer body
  • Better Front Fracing Camera of 2.0MP
Features and highlights
  • Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0
  • Up to 1.5GHz A10 processor
  • HDMI out 1080p
  • Ebook support
  • Gsensor
  • Mini USB port
  • Wifi 802.11b/g/n
  • Slim body
  • 3.5mm audio jack
  • Front camera 2.0
Camera
Front Facing Camera 2.0 MP Battery
Built in Battery Up to 6 hours via wifi, 35 hours audio time, 8 hours video Package
Content
  • Ainol NOVO 7 Advanced II
  • USB cable
  • Charger
  • Earphones
Hi MrTasselhof,

Does it have support for Flash Player ? and support for Android Market ? if it has support for Market, how does market identify the machine ?

Another point, do you think Advanced II firmware could be used on Advanced I ? (or at least copying from Adv II the parts supporting Flash and Market)

Thanks

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
from my understanding/most likely you could use the Advanced firmware on the Advanced II...
You might even be able to use the Aurora firmware as it is pretty much all the same hardware except for the screens and some extra ram on some devices.

Tasselhof

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
#11 ·
Hi Every one, For my first post,

I bought 2 Novo Advanced II

Out of the box they looked fine the screen seemed to have 8 bit style graphics, I am not sure if this is correct. At any rate, there is no market installed so I took the first one i opened up and installed the amazon market. Installed Skype / kindle / and netflix. As soon as i did that i started recieving errors, of android.process.com (may not be exact).

I decided to look and see about installing the google market. I did so using the instructions pinned in this forum by MrTasselhof script. That installed the market, however when i opened up g market when it asked to enter in an account it would crash. I did a factory resent / erase all data, However when i did so my buttons seemed to stop working, home back etc.

Then I opened up the other device thinking i would start fresh. I tried the (almaz) script link in this post by MrTasselhof. It did install the market and the rest of the google services. However, it changed the ui, and many of the settings do not work and I get very many frequent crashes.

I have shot a quick video

I ask for help please.

I think i will need to reinstall the original firmware and or downgrade.
Also please help with installing the market with out all the crashing

Cheers

Mike

#14 ·
Hi all..
I bought 3 Novo 7 Advanced II for my family members. Since the device is relatively new, I spent a few days trying to figure out how to root and install market.

Firstly, I tried using Mr Tesselhoff's script.. It worked (based on my objectives) but I wasnt able to add a Google Account to it and as such, I was not able to use market at all.

Then I did a factory reset and tried using Roman's script from TopnotchTablet.com.
Again It worked and I am able to add a google account. However, after rebooting, I went thru a bootloop. I spend half a day trying to figure out why am I stuck on the ainol bootpage.

Lastly, I ran the lordsbm script while the tablet is connected to the stucked boot animation. I rebooted everything is alright. I do encounter process error every now and then.. sometimes once in an hour, sometimes 5 in 1 min..

I decided to use lordsbm script on my another tablet. After installing, I got an error. insufficient storage. I checked settings and to my horror, there is no internal storage.. Am wondering if anyone of you out there can help me out. Is this an OS or hardware issue? Will reformatting and reflashing the firmware help to get my tablet back up?

#15 ·
Formatting and flashing should get you back up and running.

Tasselhof

#16 ·
I apologize to those that used the Aurora scripts or firmwares...

Thinking on it further it makes sense that those may cause issues as the Aurora has a higher resolution.

My suggestion for any future script/firmware attempts is to stick with the previous Advanced topics and scripts as it is a closer match.

Tasselhof

#17 ·
when I up rom Aurora on advanced II process finish and not error, but tablet reboot, the screen only white...although PC still recognize the connection USB...similar with firmware Elf...and with firmware Advanced I,all good but the touch is not working properly...I hope to have a standard rom for this tablet

#20 ·
**UPDATE**
I have done some preliminary comparisons between the Advanced and the Advanced II

The Advanced II is slightly slimmer than the original, but it is also wider and has beveled edges on the top and bottom portion of the back when in landscape.
I also checked the screens. The Advanced II appears to have a lot more lower brightness range. They are about the same on full brightness.
The Advanced II is running ICS 4.0.1 for better or worse (depends on your uses and preferences).
- The ICS build on the Advanced II seems almost identical to the stock ICS 4.0.1 build for the Aurora.
The Advanced II does not come with the market out of the box, but you can run the Allwinner tablet script to get it installed and operational.

Tasselhof

#23 ·
#25 ·
hye guys...I just bought this tablet.pretty cool.i love it.But does it support flash player?If does, which flash I should install.I install the flash player 11.1 but doesn't work.I also tested the flash player 10.3.not working.

Could someone help me.please...

Any help would be apprieciate.

Regards.

#26 ·
You will probably have the best chances at getting flash to work using Opera browser and flash 11.

Tasselhof

#29 ·
Good thread MrTasselhof. Lots of info. Anyone know if there's any way to downgrade our Advanced II's to gingerbread or honeycomb? ICS isn't really ready to go at the moment I feel. Is there a device that has similar hardware makeup to our advanced that we could use the firmware for it? I've seen somewhere on these boards about using momo9c ICS firmware. Anyone have any opinions on whether we could use it's older firmwares or where to get them?

#30 ·
Hi, I'm also wondering if there's any way of installing 2.3 on it? I got my tablet the other day. Love the ICS OS but really need Flash Player. iPlayer won't work and ITV Player is all jumpy. Got Flash 11 installed. Thanks to a member on here I've got Netflix working. Must have app if you have an account

#33 ·
Hey Guys, I am not sure how to open a new thread so I will post this in different forums hoping to get a answer. So sorry in advanced.

With all the files coming out and reloading images files, loading all apps back. It would be nice after you get everything up and running with all of your apps and such to do and image of your device for a quick restore. Is there a way, a app or something to do that?

#36 ·
Buy the Advanced 2 if you're going to get one. It's newer, cheaper, and uses a more supported ARM processor as opposed to MIPS.

Remember, you get what you pay for. I like mine, but you probably won't be able to get Skype or Netflix running.

You'll have to do a bunch of script installation also if you want other apps to work.

#39 ·
Hi,

I just got my N7A2 (already rooted, Google play installed) yesterday and I'm trying to get my generic USB gamepad to work on FPSe (A2 can't detect the gamepad). I've tried the steps in http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/26640-usb-gamepad-working-with-novo-7a/ but to no luck (I think it's because the joydev.ko or the GamePadIMEMOD.apk is for the Advance I and not the Advance II? I keep getting an exec format error)

Can anyone please port a working joydev.ko/GamePadIMEMOD.apk for the Advance II? That way we can also enjoy retro gaming using joypad.

OR

If anyone knows how to get the Generic USB gamepad to work on the Advance II, can you please post it here so we all can benefit?

Thanks in advance!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.