Android Tablets Forum banner

is Aoson a good company?

27K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  ulrith 
#1 ·
Hi, I am interested in buying the aoson m19, but do you think its OK to buy a product from this company? Is it as big as Cube for ex? I don't want to buy the cube u9gt2 because it looks too much like iPad..I like more unique design of the brown colour m19.
So is aoson a good company??

Thanks for your help.

#2 ·
I have the M19 for a month now. I am very satisfied by its build quality and performance in general. I have also played in the past with the M12. Very solid tablet as well. So judging by these 2 tablets and according to my personal experience, I would say that Aoson seems to be a serious company. Only thing that remains for Aoson is the release of ICS for the M19, to prove to me that it is a really good company.

I have also found a very good video review from Tabletistas.

#3 ·
HI Andruid-OS,
since you are one of M19 owner, may I know how long the battery can last with WiFi on, 50% brightness, or for playing 3D games?
I'm thinking to buy this as well, but I read this article and make me worry... battery capacity is waaaaaaay below what's advertised.

Worst case worst, I may need to change to Cube U9GT2 or yuandao(window) N90.

Thanks.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Actually the battery in the M19 seems to be 5000mAh and not 8000mAh as advertised, which is absolutely typical chinese at least concerning the battery capacity where we always have to deduct at least a 20-30% of what the tablets are supposed to have. Anyway, taking this into account i can say that the battery of the M19 performs really well if its capacity is really 5000mAh, which seems to be the case. According to this guy Tabletistas who has made a very in depth review, and also according to my tests, the battery for playing a full HD 1080p video(wi-fi off) with mobo player and its brightness at 50% and volume at 75% lasted for 6 hours.

With wi-fi on and continuous youtube playback it lasted for 5 hours and 13 minutes with the volume again in 75% and the brightness in the main settings at 0% since i find it ok for indoors use of the tablet.

In games, while i didn't test the duration exactly, i can say for sure that it gave me around 5 hours of playing(Air Attack) again with the above mentioned settings.

#6 ·
Wi-Fi performance is also great. Very good reception and stable. Never had any problem with it.

If 3G is not absolutely necessary for you to be built in(you're right that it will affect the battery life) you can always get a USB 3G modem and use it when you need it. It costs the same as the price difference for the built in 3G version, if not less. I checked the Huawei 1750 and it worked perfect.

#8 ·
You can look for a long time that way, because the product name and manufacturer are not the same.
The Aoson M19 battery claim is shocking in my opinion, and when I'm lied too I have difficulty sorting lies from truth. Consequently I went on a Aoson fact finding mission, and it did not take long when I found this link: this link in the androidtablets forum, and that really cured me from getting the Aoson M19.

#9 ·
As far as i know, product name and manufacturer are the same. Aoson recently upgraded their website http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/29420-is-aoson-a-good-company/

It's definitely not good for the image of any manufacturer not to mention the real specs of a product and i was upset when i found out that the M19's battery probably is not 8000mAh. In any case i am still satisfied that it lasts for as long it lasts without any other problems and i consider it quite enough for my needs taking in consideration that it is not 8000mAh.

Also, i wouldn't ever expect after sale support from the factory itself besides regular updates in roms. And this is the price and the risk for buying a cheap chinese tablet. I expect of course after sales support from whoever retailer i bought the tablet.

I have also downloaded ICS for M19 and today i'll be flashing it and report back

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
As far as i know, product name and manufacturer are the same. Aoson recently upgraded their website http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/29420-is-aoson-a-good-company/
Your research was not as thorough I suppose, because if you really followed the first link in my previous post, you would have had the opportunity to click on the forum button at that site, and when I did that I found this page, and there in the first line I clicked at Luckystar, after which I realized the post was 100% spot on. Once one lands at that Luckystar page the following statement in the second paragraph reads: "We own two brands, namely, "Aoson", and "Luckystar."

I did a lot of research, and nowhere could I find a trace of the manufacturer, except the site now really exposing the facts, and I salute their decision to halt sales.

It's definitely not good for the image of any manufacturer not to mention the real specs of a product and i was upset when i found out that the M19's battery probably is not 8000mAh. In any case i am still satisfied that it lasts for as long it lasts without any other problems and i consider it quite enough for my needs taking in consideration that it is not 8000mAh.
I wish I could accept being taken for a ride or lied too like that, but it's not in my blood to support something like that, especially as it lead for them to continue that practice.

Also, i wouldn't ever expect after sale support from the factory itself besides regular updates in roms. And this is the price and the risk for buying a cheap chinese tablet. I expect of course after sales support from whoever retailer i bought the tablet.
If you paid attention, the folks that got no response from the factory are a US based outfit, indenting to provide customer service for a customer with a complaint. So, if retailers and distributors can't get guidance or at least an answer from the factory, then how to you suppose you will be able to get any help from them.

I wish I was in this business with many customers like you, it would be a dream come true.

I have also downloaded ICS for M19 and today i'll be flashing it and report back
I sincerely hope all works out well for you, but I'm done with the Aoson, and even buying something directly from there as a matter of fact. I rather pay a little more for regional support, than hunt endless hours in forums for answers.

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
As it seems you've taken it quite personally this whole Aoson thing and it's strange or even suspicious how did you come to the conclusion that i am in the business having many customers.

Let's see how enthusiastically you are going to support your tablet of choice when you find it or even the place you bought it from.

In the meantime, i just want to let the other members know that ICS on M19 is working without problems. Still no bluetooth support, the icons are larger and it's not as snappy as it was with the 2.3.1 rom. Skype, Flash, cameras, usb, hdmi all work without problem.

#12 ·
As it seems you've taken it quite personally this whole Aoson thing and it's strange or even suspicious how did you come to the conclusion that i am in the business having many customers.
Negative, I'm not taken this personally! I'm just very disappointed as I had my mind set to get this tablet, but luckily discovered the discrepancies, which led to a lot more then I was willing to accept and hence scraped the idea.

As such, the only thing strange and suspicions is that something must have gotten lost in translation, or that perhaps there is a reason why you interpreted this so unconsciously, because I never mentioned anywhere of you being "in the business and having many customers. "

Interesting how you came to this conclusion, and I'm sure you're anxious to reflect on that, that is why I specifically put the ball back in your court to encourage you to tell us in plain English.

Let's see how enthusiastically you are going to support your tablet of choice when you find it or even the place you bought it from.
You're not going to see anything, because I'll never turn truth into a spin, as I don't have a problem to admit when I make a mistake, or choose a wrong product. Therefore I don't need to enthusiastically support a tablet for instance, and become the instrument for the scandal to boot, or lead innocent others down the same path.

I'm sorry, but I also do not understand your unnecessary concern to what tablet I find, and where I'll get it from. It smacks of a motive, but I'm sure you have your reason and perhaps are even willing to share it with us.

In the meantime, i just want to let the other members know that ICS on M19 is working without problems. Still no bluetooth support, the icons are larger and it's not as snappy as it was with the 2.3.1 rom. Skype, Flash, cameras, usb, hdmi all work without problem.
I appreciate how you help other aoson m19 owners, and while doing so I'd like to point something out not to mislead the already mislead any further.

As far as I know, extra functions like GPS, 3G, FM, TV and Bluetooth need the proper hardware modules incorporated in the motherboard, and since the aoson m19 has not yet been built incorporating Bluetooth, how to you expect that to ever work with a firmware or software update on such tablets?

Looking forward to your enlightening response, as I'm always angus to learn new things.

#17 ·
Hello AnDruid-OS,

I've been away for a while, and trying to catch up.

You are really enjoying this, aren't you?
That's what it might have seemed to you, but in honesty I liked how you helped other Aoson users, and I challenged you a bit just to make a point what could happen by being helpful, because it has happened to me.

So, please by all means keep doing what you have done so far, but give yourself an out, like a signature release that states that others might get different results, than you are not responsible for anyone following you, etc. etc. That way you're fine if someone wants to blame you or what not.

Anyway, you are absolutely right in everything you say.
Thanks, but that will be the day, and I have actually learned a lot more from mistakes, or when I was wrong.

Anyhow, I'm glad I did not get the Aoson M19, and I'm happy that I discovered the site that stopped selling the Aoson. Very rare these days, as everyone else just looks after selling anything. So, in appreciation I became a customer and bought the My-Pad T60 from them, as the Dreambook does not connect at 3G speed in the states, and I simply love the T60.

In the meantime, I found out something else from them, and I'll have to wait until they start selling it, but then I'll get the tablet that beats the Aoson M19 hands down I believe. You can check it out through the Aoson-M19.info site.

So, man keep rocking and give credit where credit is due, but don't settle to easily when you've been chipped, rock the boat like hell, otherwise the offenders will have no reason to change. And never believe that one person can not make a difference.

I'll frequent at times, and state when I'm happy, or unhappy once I get my bigger tablet. At least I found a local dealer that I'm very happy with.

Best regards

#16 ·
As an owner of Aoson M19 also would like to add some feelings about nearly a week of usage.

Battery not good not bad, it is usual for chinese devices - nearly 5 and half hours in mixed usage mode. I think if i will play games/watch movies using wi-fi it will be nearly 3.5 hours. Almost as soon as i have bought the device i have install Android ICS 4.0.3 firmware on it. It have some errors of course.
It is pretty usable, but some graphical issues sometimes occur, if you use google play (market) or browser for some hours there is a chance that you will get some glitches on icons/buttons. Of course rebooting the device fixing it, also reboot takes not so long. But IMO it is spoiling the good impression the tablet gave me firstly.

Front camera in skype always zoomed in to max, opera mobile is buggy, screen autorotation is slow. Although i like ICS pretty more than Gingerbread. I took the tablet for reading books, looking movies, playing simple games and sometimes browsing. I think it matches perfectly for this tasks. Yes in US price difference between branded tablets and chinas one is not so much. But in Russia 500 dollar iPad costs $750
(Samsung tabs much more expensive) , so i think this tablet have a good chance for living. And there are much more pluses in this device, just don't overestimate it, and everything will be fine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.