• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HeshBeatboxFill

HeshBeatboxFill

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:48 AM

I KNOW I'M AN IDIOT

ok so I formatted my t103 . I still have access to adb .
So I can adb push ,can I push the entire file system or should I just smash the tablet so it stops laughing at me?
If I can push everything would someone be kind enough to provide it ?

#2 Zzz73

Zzz73

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:19 AM

I have a T103. I have no idea how one would go about reinstalling an entire operating system using ADB tho. if you get someone to help you with the technical process, i'd be happy to provide and files you need. just let me know.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk
- Rooted/ROMed EVO 4G
- Rooted/GApp'ed VM Cruz T103

#3 GJSmith3rd

GJSmith3rd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

I have a T103. I have no idea how one would go about reinstalling an entire operating system using ADB tho. if you get someone to help you with the technical process, i'd be happy to provide and files you need. just let me know.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk

Sorry, no time for a detailed post.

If you have a working stock recovery just boot into recovery with the latest 2.2.1 ROM from VM website on the root of your SD card.

If no working recovery but you can access bootloader mode install fastboot on your PC. If you have installed the Android SDK for ADB use it should already be in one of the tools folders. Download the stock 2.2.1 ROM for T100 series from velocity micro website. Place it in the root directory of your SD card. With the SD card in the tablet boot into bootloader mode. While in bootloader mode use fastboot to flash the stock recovery.cpio.img file below. Research how to use fastboot. After a successful flash of the recovery partition boot in recovery and the stock ROM install should begin. The GUI PC app for window and linux qtABD can help with adb and booting into different mode. You can just type 'adb reboot bootloader' 'adb reboot recovery' from your PC command line.

recovery.cpio.img for VM Cruz T100 series
Stock Recovery

There are other tools like flash_image if you can use ADB but can't boot into bootloader mode. The easiest way it probably to locate a copy of flash_image and install to the system partition of the device. Then use qtADB to push the recovery.cpio.img to the same directory. Then use flash_image recovery.cpio.img' to flash the stock recovery. Research both fastboot and flash_image before beginning.

Goood luck.

Edited by GJSmith3rd, 06 February 2012 - 05:57 PM.

#4 tdodm

tdodm

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

would this work on a t301? i know ide need a diff restore file... how would i get that?