11 replies to this topic

#1 ramost

ramost

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationGreenville MI

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:18 AM

Do any of the firmwares for the ainol novo 7a support adhoc networking? Is there an app or a script that will work with any of the firmwares to allow adhoc networks. I think I've tried them all.

#2 ninjitsu

ninjitsu

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSão Paulo - Brazil

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:32 AM

Hi. You can test this solution: http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=754961

Pay attention in wpa_supplicant version (0.5 or 0.6) because exist 1 different archive for each type.

#3 Cid

Cid

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

I use Connectify on my PC, turns it into a proper wifi hotspot instead of an ad hoc one. Little unobtrusive program, no complaints so far and I can access my hard drives from my tablet for easy streaming. Then again, that might also work with ad hoc if you can get it to connect using the above suggestion.

Edited by Cid, 01 March 2012 - 03:24 PM.

#4 albi

albi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:25 AM

hi
is not yet existing a program in android market..that permit to a root item ainol or others .to connect to adhoc networks easily..?

thanks
cius
albi

#5 jambam

jambam

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:41 PM

I too need this capability it exists on my asus transformer but this is missing on the ainol aurora

#6 albi

albi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:07 AM

just waiting for my ainol elf arrival...but I will try...on market..wifiadhocenabler......
cius
albi

Edited by albi, 05 March 2012 - 01:08 AM.

#7 jambam

jambam

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:02 AM

Just tried wifi adhoc app ..... no joy

Sent from my ainol aurora using Tapatalk

#8 jharsem

jharsem

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:04 PM

Just tried wifi adhoc app ..... no joy

Sent from my ainol aurora using Tapatalk

I've tried it with pretty much any solution (wpa_supplicant) replacement that I could find on my aurora as well - the issue is that ICS' wpa_supplicant seems to be 0.8(.x) and there appear to be none compiled with the realtek chipset (in the aurora at least). I'd *really* love to see this.

#9 NuSuey

NuSuey

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:31 AM

Any news with this issue? Would love to be able to connect to a adhoc network :/

#10 DingDong

DingDong

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

Explain "Ad hoc" and why it differs from any other newtork.

I'm networked in several different ways.. through server progs and the router itself, I don't know how many other kinds of networks there can be.

Edited by DingDong, 08 April 2012 - 10:53 AM.

#11 andriig

andriig

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:15 AM

Do any of the firmwares for the ainol novo 7a support adhoc networking? Is there an app or a script that will work with any of the firmwares to allow adhoc networks. I think I've tried them all.

Works for me with no special efforts (ICS 4.0.3 ver 1.0). I am connected directly to WiFi on PC that has WiFi USB and shares it connection to Internet it gets on DSL Ethernet. It even picks correct IP range automatically. BTW, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 that has special option like Transformer DOES NOT manage to connect (drops line every 1/2 second) just my 2cc.

#12 pepe44

pepe44

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

ICS 4.0.3 cleanROM 1.0a for Aurora, adhoc wifi works, for example with Nokia Joikuspot. cleanROM 1.1a doesn't work, so I went back to 1.0a. Wasted plenty of time on researching this issue, none of the solutions worked for me, so just installed 1.0a.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users