37 replies to this topic

#1 thaigir99

thaigir99

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, Usa

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

Am i the one and only owner of this super cheap monster. 119$ shipped Allwinner a10 1gb ram 8 gb int, capacitive gamers pad( so its being called)
Antutu score of 3094 using stock 12/23 firmware. I may try to put ployers software(ics) on it as i am confident the machines are nearly identical(momo 9 has less ram). We need a forum for this machine please.

#2 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:41 AM

I'd like to hear more about this fine device... To me it looked a lot like the Momo9 did as compared to the N7A. I'm sure people are going to find it a great alternative, and it did not get a late start. It's essentially the same as the elf, but a good bit less...
My Current Tablets:
Renesas Dual/A9 Android 2.2
Rexing V7/Android 4.0.3 (basically a A10 Ployer Momo9)
Cube U18GT Elite--RK3066 Dual Core

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SausageScript for the RK3066 tablets, based on the Cube U18GT 1.06 firmware, still useful for many RK3066 tablets and possibly others

Guide to extended market access, updated on occaision useful for many Android versions

If I helped you, click here to help me, buy me a beer, or some coffee.

SD classifieds
I have a Renesas Rena3 and Momo9 tablets. PM me if you would like to buy one, and I'll give you a deal.

#3 lochdezzmonster

lochdezzmonster

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

I have a gemei g2 I'm a happy with the overall performance but I want to update it to ics

#4 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

I'd like to hear more about this fine device... To me it looked a lot like the Momo9 did as compared to the N7A. I'm sure people are going to find it a great alternative, and it did not get a late start. It's essentially the same as the elf, but a good bit less...

Does it have a hi-def 1024x600 screen or is it using the 800x480? The real kicker on the Elf is not just the Ram but the higher-res screen. If it also has the hi-res screen and is that price, that is quite the device indeed.

Cheers,

Roman
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#5 thaigir99

thaigir99

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

The G2 is lower resolution 800x480. Currently i am running 1224 with jet rom update. 3.4.4 market but many apps are missing. 1224 uses 1ghz not 1.2 and is more stable for me. Can anyone open the full market, ie the one my herotab c8 displays? It may be in the build prop as i noticed its using the droid platform i believe

The only firmware available is 2.3.4 but from 115.com and google translate, the 3rd ics testing group is about to be started. Ics beta 1&2 were only given to a select few and were not released publically. As for the buil.prop, i will post a copy later and perhaps it can be figured out. I did try using a gt-p1000 build.prop from a prox32 rom but got stuck in a boot loop both times.
One thing i do like is its easy as pie to put apps on from my computer. Place them in the sd card(internal), then use root explorer to copy them where they belong.:-
Oh and you can get the machine for 103$ if you order 20 from volumerates.com. thats where i purchased it from on the 13 of jan and received 31 of jan. No i dont work there either:-)

Build number 97F1-D1-H2-M01-1343.20111224
Kernal 2.6.36-android Inet_dada@InetSoftware #43

Does the build number look familiar with ployer fatesausage? This is 2.04 baseband.

Lordbm, a very good dev is waiting for one also:-) :-) :-)

Edited by thaigir99, 04 February 2012 - 05:43 PM.

#6 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

The G2 is lower resolution 800x480. Currently i am running 1224 with jet rom update. 3.4.4 market but many apps are missing. 1224 uses 1ghz not 1.2 and is more stable for me. Can anyone open the full market, ie the one my herotab c8 displays? It may be in the build prop as i noticed its using the droid platform i believe

The only firmware available is 2.3.4 but from 115.com and google translate, the 3rd ics testing group is about to be started. Ics beta 1&2 were only given to a select few and were not released publically. As for the buil.prop, i will post a copy later and perhaps it can be figured out. I did try using a gt-p1000 build.prop from a prox32 rom but got stuck in a boot loop both times.
One thing i do like is its easy as pie to put apps on from my computer. Place them in the sd card(internal), then use root explorer to copy them where they belong.:-
Oh and you can get the machine for 103$ if you order 20 from volumerates.com. thats where i purchased it from on the 13 of jan and received 31 of jan. No i dont work there either:-)

Build number 97F1-D1-H2-M01-1343.20111224
Kernal 2.6.36-android Inet_dada@InetSoftware #43

Does the build number look familiar with ployer fatesausage? This is 2.04 baseband.

Lordbm, a very good dev is waiting for one also:-) :-) :-)

Yeah, Lordbm has like every allwinner tablet ever made evidently... The Ployer Momo9s that I've had have 97F2, which I believe also indicates the board used in the system. I'd just try out different scripts around here for market, since the display hasn't changed that much the script I made for 2.04 probably works pretty good, and will improve your battery life... The great thing about the Ployer Momo9 is not the board so much as the network card, glass and batteries (iphone batteries), at least that's what a lot of people have pointed out on this board.
My Current Tablets:

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SausageScript for the RK3066 tablets, based on the Cube U18GT 1.06 firmware, still useful for many RK3066 tablets and possibly others

Guide to extended market access, updated on occaision useful for many Android versions

SD classifieds
I have a Renesas Rena3 and Momo9 tablets. PM me if you would like to buy one, and I'll give you a deal.

#7 thaigir99

thaigir99

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

Yeah, Lordbm has like every allwinner tablet ever made evidently... The Ployer Momo9s that I've had have 97F2, which I believe also indicates the board used in the system. I'd just try out different scripts around here for market, since the display hasn't changed that much the script I made for 2.04 probably works pretty good, and will improve your battery life... The great thing about the Ployer Momo9 is not the board so much as the network card, glass and batteries (iphone batteries), at least that's what a lot of people have pointed out on this board.

So i should be able to use your sausage mod for 2.3.4 without a hitch

Edited by thaigir99, 04 February 2012 - 07:06 PM.

#8 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:09 PM

Go for it, I haven't tested it, but some of the biggest issues come from the display, and since that hasn't changed, it's likely not an issue. Below is the direct link, the link in my signature has several links in it, and one of them is for the 2.04 mod... Let me know if you have issues.

http://www.slatedroi...-based-tablets/
My Current Tablets:

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SD classifieds

#9 thaigir99

thaigir99

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:09 PM

So i should be able to use your sausage mod for 2.3.4 without a hitch

97f1 board is the momo9c from what i can find. Denzien under momo 9 audio sync prob using the 97f1 board upgraded 4.0.1. Gives me confidence as i may try to ics my G2 later tonight.

Edited by thaigir99, 04 February 2012 - 07:36 PM.

#10 thaigir99

thaigir99

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:57 PM

OK ployer 4.0.1 boots no problem, touchscreen works, camera works, but the capacitive buttons on the face do not work. perhaps the n7a software will do better or the ly f1. but for now i have a working 4.0 G2

#11 Arda

Arda

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:07 AM

I have also bought this tablet(gemei g2).Will gemeitech release android 4.0 for this tablet?
Note:We can also use ly-f1 tablets ics rom for android 4.0.It's nearly same with our tablets only different thing is ram.

#12 thaigir99

thaigir99

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

Gemeitech has ics currently in beta 3, but not publically released. meanwhile p76ti 4.0.1 boots and all works except front buttons, and someone over at ployer forum has the front buttons working on his, looking for that fix now.
the only problem is a lack of internal space as the partitions are messed up. otherwise, the 4.0.1 scored 3090 antutu, no changes, running at 1ghz.

Also, tried to load ainol n7a 4.0.3 and it loaded no prob, just no touchscreen!!!!!!
So, at this point i feel its safe to flash any a10 firmware without "BRICKING" my machine for good.

for 119$, i am happy as a pig in sh*t.
i have started a new thread, and if the lazy mods can get off their butts, we need a forum.

i have modded my copy and have working youtube app, but no flash. I have read that a flash 10.3 version works in opera browser

pretty amazed that my lesser skills allowed me to do this prior to some other, much smarter devs. as for now, im happy. next its time to remove some useless junk and gain batt life for this machine.

STABILITY--- FINALLY. All firmware from Gemeitech, are crap to this point, and they should be reading this post and taking notes. Sgs touchscreen booster resolves G2 drift problem. and my machine has not crashed/restarted once since doing this. Gemei firmware does constantly.

Edited by thaigir99, 05 February 2012 - 07:02 PM.

#13 wasenhorn

wasenhorn

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:01 PM

Am also a Gemei G2 holder and I seriously have no idea about modding or rooting or the firmware stuff, although I know i'd catch up soon. I'd be glad if @thaigir you would help me set up my tablet with cool stuff as well :) first although I wanna root it so I can put a proxy fix, I am in University with proxy and there is no freaking way to set it up over wifi in Android 2.3. Also can you tell me how exactly did you get the Android OEM driver for this tablet? My windows 7 doesnt detect, what do I need to do?

#14 thaigir99

thaigir99

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

http://www.slatedroi...ce-and-for-all/

Credit To Roman2025.

Getting usb drivers to recognize your machine.

#15 Arda

Arda

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:01 AM

can anyone give the download link gemei g2 android 2.3.4 12/24 version
?I couldnt find it anywhere.
Any.news about android ics 4.0

#16 toxicpsion

toxicpsion

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:35 PM

@thaigir99::

>> Also, tried to load ainol n7a 4.0.3 and it loaded no prob, just no touchscreen!!!!!!
>> So, at this point i feel its safe to flash any a10 firmware without "BRICKING" my machine for good.

The A10 has most of it's base bootloader in BROM on the cpu, so it's next to impossible to truly *brick* a device based on this chip.
The only thing i find that it is really missing is fastboot support. makes it very hard to test new kernels, and quick fixes.

#17 thaigir99

thaigir99

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

http://www.slatedroi...8-gemei-g2-ofw/

all 4 factory and beta 2 ICS posted available at this link, and in the Gemei Ge OFW+ forum
also, another copy taken from ployer available as well

#18 toxicpsion

toxicpsion

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:29 AM

After Recovering sys_config1.fex from my G2, and comparing it to the momo9c .fex, we probably will have much better luck with the ployer roms than those of ainol, as the hardware is almost identically configured.

biggest differences are

GEMEI G2                 Momo9C
--------------------------------------------
[dram_para]              [dram_para]

dram_clk = 456           dram_clk = 408
dram_io_width = 8        dram_io_width = 16
dram_size = 1024         dram_size = 512
dram_emr1 = 4            dram_emr1 = 0

[csi0_para]
csi_stby_mode = 1        csi_stby_mode = 0
csi_mname_b = "gt2005"   csi_mname_b = ""
csi_vflip_b = 0          csi_vflip_b = 1

#19 thaigir99

thaigir99

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:14 PM

@toxicpsion

You are correct in both posts.

What firmware are you using? Official 4.0.1 base 4 is posted in OFW forum for G2. Minor bugs.

@wassenhorn, have you tried the free proxy application?

Edited by thaigir99, 12 February 2012 - 08:16 PM.

#20 toxicpsion

toxicpsion

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:59 AM

i don't think that i'd call the bugs in 4.0.1 minor, at least not on my device, mostly sticking with 2.3.4 - 1223 for now, but i'm very intrigued by the u-boot in 4.0.1 (/dev/block/nanda), as it still has most of the fastboot bits intact. think i might have a 2.6.36 non-android kernel built too.. still testing tho.