Photo

$50 to the first person to figure this out...

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#21 ainolmodder

ainolmodder

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

I'm basing all my work on the tools provided by Ainol (they can create valid, flashable images, murphy666 used that to make his images). But for some weird reason, with the almost exact same setup, mine generates a non-working image, what LiveSuite drops back, as "Invalid Image" (Momo released the latest LiveSuitPack, 1.0.9, what has proper english interface, plus a lot more debugging, it tells me exactly what's the problem, "invalid image"). I'm thinking there might be some signature stuff involved. This is more than possible, as the PhoenixUSBPro tool takes a key file too. Stock images can be flashed with that key, non-stock ones can not be.

#22 FezzFest

FezzFest

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

The SHA1 checksum of rebuilded image does not match the checksum of the original image.
Flashing the newly created *.img gives the error 'Image file invalid' in the LiveSuite.

Posted Image

Murphy666 used the Ainol provided crane_pack executable to make an image from the compiled AOSP files. Maybe we can analyse this tool?

Edited by FezzFest, 02 February 2012 - 04:00 PM.

#23 ainolmodder

ainolmodder

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

The SHA1 checksum of rebuilded image does not match the checksum of the original image.
Flashing the newly created *.img gives the error 'Image file invalid' in the LiveSuite.

Posted Image

Murphy666 used the Ainol provided crane_pack executable to make an image from the compiled AOSP files. Maybe we can analyse this tool?

As far as I know, that tool launches pack.bat, just next to the exe, with matching parameters (path to files, board name, etc). I got the same (tried flashing my semi-dead Aura, it worked with stock images). I'll look into crane_pack.exe, to see how it does what it does.

#24 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

Thanks for continuing to dig on this :).
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#25 ainolmodder

ainolmodder

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

Thanks for continuing to dig on this :).

Of course I keep digging, I need file format info about the image files, if I want to finish my ultimate A10 modding tool :D

#26 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

Of course I keep digging, I need file format info about the image files, if I want to finish my ultimate A10 modding tool :D

I am using the Android 2.3 IMG file for the Novo 7 Elf that can be found in the Elf forum. That is what I have been playing with. I wonder if there is a way to override the hash check...
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#27 ainolmodder

ainolmodder

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

Thanks to FezzFest's discoveries, I finished up a working ICS and GB combined ImageSuite, what can make flashable ICS and GB firmwares.
Big thanks goes to FezzFest (as mentioned) as he made the discovery that unimg.exe can actually reverse the process, thus create a proper image.

Usage:
- Use extract_img.bat [imagefile] to extract the image
- Modify what you want (RFSFAT16 images mostly)
- Use the repacker bats: repack_[version].bat [outimage]

Attached Files

• Roman2025, simonlydeals, TCrider and 1 other like this

#28 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

Thanks to FezzFest's discoveries, I finished up a working ICS and GB combined ImageSuite, what can make flashable ICS and GB firmwares.
Big thanks goes to FezzFest (as mentioned) as he made the discovery that unimg.exe can actually reverse the process, thus create a proper image.

Usage:

Awesome, round 2 :), I am going to make a go of it and see what happens!

-Roman

-Ayn Rand

#29 ainolmodder

ainolmodder

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

Awesome, round 2 :), I am going to make a go of it and see what happens!

-Roman

I've tested it with GB, but as there's no ICS for the Aura... But it should work too.
Just modify the part of the repack_xxxx.bat and add-remove FileAddSum lines where it has Verify files (VBOOT, etc)

#30 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

I've tested it with GB, but as there's no ICS for the Aura... But it should work too.
Just modify the part of the repack_xxxx.bat and add-remove FileAddSum lines where it has Verify files (VBOOT, etc)

I am not to worried about ICS right now. I am however currently reflashing my heavily modded image back onto my Elf right now... So far so good... will tell you how it goes :)

EDIT: It is booting! :)

EDIT: You sir... are the man! I have to run right now but I will send over payment later tonight. Thank you a ton!

Cheers!

Roman

Edited by Roman2025, 05 February 2012 - 06:15 PM.

-Ayn Rand

#31 naydimme

naydimme

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

Hi, could you please tell me what could I change to an stock ICS ROM for the Novo 7 Avdanced, to make touchscreen work in an OEM novo 7 Advanced? What are the changeable parameters to configure the touchscreen drivers? Every ROM I try works but the touch system is inverted. I'm receiving a GB original ROM for my device, could I look for the driver info in this ROM and then apply it to the Ainol Official ICS ROM???

Thank you for your big effort.

#32 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:32 AM

Hi, could you please tell me what could I change to an stock ICS ROM for the Novo 7 Avdanced, to make touchscreen work in an OEM novo 7 Advanced? What are the changeable parameters to configure the touchscreen drivers? Every ROM I try works but the touch system is inverted. I'm receiving a GB original ROM for my device, could I look for the driver info in this ROM and then apply it to the Ainol Official ICS ROM???

Thank you for your big effort.

My guess is you would have to have both Image files. You would pull the appropriate drivers from the one and put them in the other. You would have to unpack both and repack both using this tool. The nice thing is that at least you wouldn't have to compile everything from scratch and can now (thanks to all the hard work that has been done on here by Ainolmodder and others) instead modify existing known-good firmware.

Cheers,

Roman

-Ayn Rand

#33 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:23 PM

OKAY - PAID! I did the full $65 even though I haven't tested with an ICS image. I hope you will be around though in case I need more help with it lol.

Also, this whole "bounty" system worked delightfully well and as I encounter more issues and problems I foresee paying out more money to forum users like yourself who are willing to help. All for money motivation lol :)

Cheers and thanks a ton!
:drinks:

Roman

Edited by Roman2025, 06 February 2012 - 12:24 PM.

-Ayn Rand

#34 ainolmodder

ainolmodder

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:17 PM

Of course I'm here, I'm now trying to reverse engineer the unimg.exe, and create an image making C# code what would accompany my code so far (made some stuff, replaced most of the Ainol tools, etc).

#35 alican

alican

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

Good job guys,now we are waiting clean and more stable than stock's roms from you!

#36 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:44 AM

Of course I'm here, I'm now trying to reverse engineer the unimg.exe, and create an image making C# code what would accompany my code so far (made some stuff, replaced most of the Ainol tools, etc).

Ran into an issue with a Ployer Momo 9 image. I am working on the /system file after having extracted the image. I mounted the file in Linux. So far so good. Then I run into this problem. If I delete out apps... it doesn't free up space. I can delete 70 MB worth of apps and the free space does not change. This is a problem when there is only 53 MB available to begin with :(. Any thoughts?

Mount -t ext4 /somefolder/file someotherfolder/folder/ -o loop

that is the command i am using to mount...

Thanks,

Roman

-Ayn Rand

#37 chriscdb

chriscdb

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:05 AM

Usage:

Avira says: malware found in imagesuit.exe!

#38 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:20 AM

Avira says: malware found in imagesuit.exe!

Read page one of this thread. false-positive

-Ayn Rand

#39 ainolmodder

ainolmodder

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

This has NO virus in it I can assure everyone. It's the script in unimg.exe - it is heuristically identified as a malware, as it uses a malware-like code to scramble through the image file.

#40 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

This is outstanding! Can't wait to see some mashups on here of different ROMS. Guess this means someone could release a better version of ICS for the Momo9 before Ployer releases one toward the end of the month... Now it's just a matter of touchscreen drivers on most devices. Haven't tried it yet, but I will eventually.
My Current Tablets:
Renesas Dual/A9 Android 2.2
Rexing V7/Android 4.0.3 (basically a A10 Ployer Momo9)
Cube U18GT Elite--RK3066 Dual Core

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SausageScript for the RK3066 tablets, based on the Cube U18GT 1.06 firmware, still useful for many RK3066 tablets and possibly others

Guide to extended market access, updated on occaision useful for many Android versions

If I helped you, click here to help me, buy me a beer, or some coffee.

SD classifieds
I have a Renesas Rena3 and Momo9 tablets. PM me if you would like to buy one, and I'll give you a deal.