Photo

[SCRIPTS] - Allwinner A10 ICS 4.0.3 Root & Market Fix v0.4 (by Almaz)

• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

#1 Almaz

Almaz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:43 AM

I created Android Market script for ICS 4.0.3. It should unlock most of the applications from Android Market Place and you'll be able to root it. It should work for Aurora/Elf and NOVO Advance. Maybe it'll work for other devices but I can't test it.

Market v3.4.4
Unlocks all applications in market suitable for Samsung Tablet
Added YouTube, Google Search, Google Talk and Google Maps
Should improve battery drain over stock firmware
Added an option to disable phone, sms and bluetooth services (optional)
Increased WiFi scan interval to save battery
Improves battery drain in standby mode by putting all the hardware to sleep mode
Improves JPEG and Video quality.
Forces video hardware render in UI
Increased WiFi buffer size
Disabled debugging notify icon on statusbar
Disabled Error Checking for applications
Increased scrolling responsiveness

Directions:
Download zip file
Unzip it
Connect USB cable to your Tablet
Make sure it found drivers otherwise point to folder Drivers in the package which includes 32bit and 64bit drivers.
Set display Sleep to 30 min (Goto Settings > Display > Sleep > 30mins)
Enable USB Debugging (Goto Settings > Developer Options > USB debugging)
BACKUP BUILD.PROP before doing anything. /system/build.prop using RootExplorer or ADB
NOTE: IF YOU ARE UPDATING THE SCRIPT THEN (Goto Settings > Apps > ALL > Google Services Framework > Force Stop > Clear data)
Click RunMe.bat and follow directions.
Set display Sleep back to 1 min
Click on Market and login with your Email.
reboot tablet again
Start Market install something from the market and close the market. Open Market and you should Accept Market terms of Service and that's it.

How to properly ROOT
Directions:

From market install Superuser and open the program. Go to Preferences and click on (Su binary vnull tap to check for updates) click update
Reboot Tablet
From Market install BusyBox Installer JRummy16. Open it, click Allow and install first to /System/Xbin directory and then install to /System/Bin directory
Reboot Tablet
Set display Sleep to 30 min
Connect USB cable to your Tablet
Run RootMe.bat

Enjoy

F.A.Q.

Q. The script caused problems on your tablet or it doesn't boot up anymore.
A. build.prop located in /system/build.prop contains wrong settings for your tablet. You must use ADB or Root Explorer to replace your original build.prop the one you made a backup before using my script. Once you replace build.prop change permission to 644 rw-r--r--

Q. Menu button stopped working or is not responding.
A. It happens when you install busybox and do not follow my directions how to properly Root

Q. Device shows it is not rooted.
A. It happens when you install busybox and do not follow my directions how to properly Root

Q. ICS lagging
A. Goto Settings > Developer options > UNCHECK Force GPU rendering

Q. Browser feels laggy.
A. Install boat browser from market

Change Log

Version 0.4
Unlocks even more applications from Market such as TuneIn Radio, GTA and etc.
Disabled debugging notify icon on statusbar
Disabled Error Checking for applications
Increased scrolling responsiveness which was removed from 0.1

Version 0.3
Added root script.

Version 0.2
Reverted touch screen sensitivity back to stock.

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mediafire...v30arrdopc30516

Edited by Almaz, 21 August 2012 - 02:37 AM.

• WAI, cloudynoctis, durango99 and 4 others like this

#2 snajper

snajper

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:16 AM

Thanks works great. I have noticed that with 4.0.3 the touchscreen does not work too well on the home screen. Try moving several apps and widgets and you will probably notice the same.

#3 Almaz

Almaz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:20 PM

Thanks works great. I have noticed that with 4.0.3 the touchscreen does not work too well on the home screen. Try moving several apps and widgets and you will probably notice the same.

You are right and I made it to sensitive for touch screen. I uploaded a new version v0.2. Just rerun the script and it should fix the problem

Edited by Almaz, 31 January 2012 - 12:26 PM.

#4 CarsonUK

CarsonUK

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:06 PM

thanks for this Almaz!

Quick question, is it possible to root 4.0.3?

Edited by CarsonUK, 31 January 2012 - 01:09 PM.

#5 KMA

KMA

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

thanks for this Almaz!

Quick question, is it possible to root 4.0.3?

I'm definitely no expert (haven't received my Aurora yet...), but here is a quote from another thread. Hope it helps.

@Darkn, ICS ROMS come pre-rooted with any Ainol Android Tablet thus' far as i know. what i've read so far every release from Ainol every ROM based on ICS and GB has come pre-rooted so NO root script is required. only market scripts should be used.

#6 azon21

azon21

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:54 PM

Any issues seeing different languages when logged into google market from pc where you push apps down. I get random language selection. Sometimes english sometimes spanish sometimes russian. You can even refresh the current app and it will give you different language. Can someone verify this? I am working to get the T-Mobile build.prop as I think edits matching that may solve this issue. Still can't open GameLoft games even though you can install them.

#7 Malino

Malino

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:16 PM

Hello, I have the Paladin Novo7 that has the same problem as limited to the apps in the Market. Does this script is compatible with the Paladin (Knight)?

#8 WAI

WAI

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:18 PM

Hello, I have the Paladin Novo7 that has the same problem as limited to the apps in the Market. Does this script is compatible with the Paladin (Knight)?

most likely not im afraid. the Paladin has a MIPS CPU which Aurora, Elf, and Advanced uses a ARM Based CPU.

#9 CarsonUK

CarsonUK

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:47 PM

I'm definitely no expert (haven't received my Aurora yet...), but here is a quote from another thread. Hope it helps.

thanks for your reply, bit confused now as there are guides on this forum to root the device?

#10 Almaz

Almaz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

Any issues seeing different languages when logged into google market from pc where you push apps down. I get random language selection. Sometimes english sometimes spanish sometimes russian. You can even refresh the current app and it will give you different language. Can someone verify this? I am working to get the T-Mobile build.prop as I think edits matching that may solve this issue. Still can't open GameLoft games even though you can install them.

I don't see any of these problems with my script using my Aurora. Maybe something went wrong when you ran the script. I would suggest to rerun the script again and make sure screen stays on otherwise it won't work properly.

Edited by Almaz, 31 January 2012 - 05:10 PM.

#11 Malino

Malino

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:16 PM

most likely not im afraid. the Paladin has a MIPS CPU which Aurora, Elf, and Advanced uses a ARM Based CPU.

So even with ARM processors, tablets Novo7 are having problems with the Market? In the case of MIPS processors there is a reason. For those with ARM processors, which would be the reason?

#12 WAI

WAI

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:35 PM

So even with ARM processors, tablets Novo7 are having problems with the Market? In the case of MIPS processors there is a reason. For those with ARM processors, which would be the reason?

there are no issue concerning the CPUs for both tablets. it's the Build.prop file that needs to be tweaked as that's what these scripts mainly do to have market and hence enable to have better results for apps. basically the developer of the scripts tweaks/edits the build.prop towards another device. there's a line of text/code within these build.prop Files that can be tweaked to trick Android OS to thinking your Device is a Samsung Tablet plus or a ASUS Transformer (that has never been done as of yet but would be cool Lol)

so simply put, without these scripts Ainol Based Tablets are useless to some point by the user

EDIT: brain dead :mellow: having a MIPS based CPU Tablet is a big difference however cause most apps. on the market are developed to run on ARM base CPUs so that's why most apps. won't run on MIPS based Tablets

Edited by WAI, 31 January 2012 - 07:37 PM.

#13 Almaz

Almaz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:40 PM

build.prop file that needs to be tweaked as that's what these scripts mainly do to have market and hence enable to have better results for apps. basically the developer of the scripts tweaks/edits the build.prop towards another device. there's a line of text/code within these build.prop Files that can be tweaked to trick Android OS to thinking your Device is a Samsung Tablet plus or a ASUS Transformer (that has never been done as of yet but would be cool Lol)

What do you mean never been done? My script actually converts Aurora to Samsung plus and market only sees Samsung tablet 7 plus

Sent from my phone

#14 WAI

WAI

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

@Almaz, been watching this thread. what's the difference between this script and newtech25? my guess the battery tweak and the Samsung Galaxy Tab Build.prop

Edit: no no i meant for someone to actually tweak the build.prop from the ASUS Transformer and edit toward for the N7A Lol

Edited by WAI, 31 January 2012 - 07:46 PM.

#15 Almaz

Almaz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:48 PM

@Almaz, been watching this thread. what's the difference between this script and newtech25? my guess the battery tweak and the Samsung Galaxy Tab Build.prop

Edit: no no i meant for someone to actually tweak the build.prop from the ASUS Transformer and edit toward for the N7A Lol

I have no idea can you post the link so I can take a look
Sent from my phone

#16 WAI

WAI

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

you never heard of newtech25? where you been Lol :) Link

that Link is towards my thread. look under NEWS for yesterday 01/30/12 should work on Aurora

btw, your script should work on N7 Advanced?

Edited by WAI, 31 January 2012 - 07:53 PM.

#17 Almaz

Almaz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

you never heard of newtech25? where you been Lol :) Link

that Link is towards my thread. look under NEWS for yesterday 01/30/12 should work on Aurora

btw, your script should work on N7 Advanced?

I only had my tablet for 3 days and never heard of this website before. I'll check his work when I get home.

Sent from my phone

Edited by Almaz, 31 January 2012 - 08:13 PM.

#18 WAI

WAI

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

I only had my tablet for 3 days and never heard of this website before. I'll check his work when I get home.

Sent from my phone

i had browse the site only twice and though translated it's hard to understand but the work he puts into his script is quite awesome

here's the actual Link to a Thread @newtech25.com Link

#19 Malino

Malino

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

... basically the developer of the scripts tweaks/edits the build.prop towards another device. there's a line of text/code within these build.prop Files that can be tweaked to trick Android OS to thinking your Device is a Samsung Tablet plus or a ASUS Transformer (that has never been done as of yet but would be cool Lol)

so simply put, without these scripts Ainol Based Tablets are useless to some point by the user

I've changed the build.prop putting HTC Flyer data but I continued with the number of apps available in Android Market much decreased. My tablet is Novo7 Paladin. A friend who knows Linux and Android is helping me. He said installing clockwork for safety, I can try this script. Does you agree that there are no major risks?

#20 WAI

WAI

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:44 PM

I've changed the build.prop putting HTC Flyer data but I continued with the number of apps available in Android Market much decreased. My tablet is Novo7 Paladin. A friend who knows Linux and Android is helping me. He said installing clockwork for safety, I can try this script. Does you agree that there are no major risks?

i cannot help since you have a MIPS based Device

you would get much more help @Tabletrepublic Link

Edited by WAI, 31 January 2012 - 10:47 PM.