ICS on the Touchpad.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:15 PM

Well, I had installed the Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3.5 on my Touchpad. Worked pretty good, but, as expected, some irritating little problems. So, I installed the Cyanogenmod 9 Alpha 0.5 over top of it last night and it's been pretty good. The install imported and preserved all of the data and Apps from the Gingerbread install flawlessly too!

Aside from the camera not working I'm pretty happy with this early Alpha release. Movies in AVI, MP4, MP3, AVI play fine, I stream the video from my home computer and play the files using MX Video player too so I don't store much media on the TP. Overall, I highly recommend the changeover as the OS can only get better as the CM fellows fix bugs and improve performance.

THANKS CM!

#2 johnnyblades

johnnyblades

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

Well, I had installed the Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3.5 on my Touchpad. Worked pretty good, but, as expected, some irritating little problems. So, I installed the Cyanogenmod 9 Alpha 0.5 over top of it last night and it's been pretty good. The install imported and preserved all of the data and Apps from the Gingerbread install flawlessly too!

Aside from the camera not working I'm pretty happy with this early Alpha release. Movies in AVI, MP4, MP3, AVI play fine, I stream the video from my home computer and play the files using MX Video player too so I don't store much media on the TP. Overall, I highly recommend the changeover as the OS can only get better as the CM fellows fix bugs and improve performance.

THANKS CM!

I, too, have been on CM9 and loving it. I don't care about the camera, but have been missing the hardware acceleration. It looks like that is now out, in the form of CM9 alpha 1.0
Netflix is still not working, but hardware acceleration is...
I can live w/o netflix for awhile, Splashtop works great for that, but I'm hoping Plex will work now that video hardware acceleration is working.

#3 Mp4

Mp4

Admin Ninja

• Administrators
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

just got my 1st touchpad , already running cyanogen 9
not to shabby on the touchpad , needs a little polishing but 100 percent usable
Are you lost, Follow us on Twitter
http://twitter.com/slatedroid
C8+/Hp Touchpad/Galaxy Tab/
http://androidtabletfirmware.net

#4 johnnyblades

johnnyblades

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:13 AM

I, too, have been on CM9 and loving it. I don't care about the camera, but have been missing the hardware acceleration. It looks like that is now out, in the form of CM9 alpha 1.0
Netflix is still not working, but hardware acceleration is...
I can live w/o netflix for awhile, Splashtop works great for that, but I'm hoping Plex will work now that video hardware acceleration is working.

Edit:
alpha 2 is now out with video hardware acceleration. Netflix and Plex now working great. still no camera or mic. No more booting into WebOS for me. It's an incredible job by the devs! Second Touchpad is in the mail!

#5 Mp4

Mp4

Admin Ninja

• Administrators
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

gotta get the update , my netflix plays but no picture

#6 bearbuck

bearbuck

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:18 PM

Edit:
alpha 2 is now out with video hardware acceleration. Netflix and Plex now working great. still no camera or mic. No more booting into WebOS for me. It's an incredible job by the devs! Second Touchpad is in the mail!

Installed the alpha 2 update this weekend. It really makes the touchpad leaps and bound over when I first bought it. I love the ability to dual boot and though I currently have webos boot first, I too am thinking of just using ICS and putting webos to sleep for good.

#7 Mp4

Mp4

Admin Ninja

• Administrators
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:25 AM

Im the reverse Im actually finding webos clean and if it had more apps ( i did jail break it and install preware) i guess because I have so many android tablets its fun to play with another os

#8 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:01 AM

I was about to order a new Chinese tablet (Teclast) but then I read about the Touchpad. Looking on Ebay it seems you can get one for similar money.

I like the sound of the build quality, dual core processor and that you can dual boot webos & ics (cm9).

I have read a couple of reviews which sound very positive.

Can anyone tell me whether you can plug in a usb stick presumably via an adapter cable?

Also is there any particular forum/Web page which is best for Touchpad?

Thanks
Jez

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#9 bha19

bha19

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:23 AM

I love my touchpad but my problem is I can't access the internet with cm9 alpha 2. Webos works flawlessly. Any ideas on how to get internet working on cm9? I know there are apps like FXR but since the internet is not working I can't access it and don't exactly know how to sideload into android yet.
  • matt5968 likes this

#10 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:51 AM

I love my touchpad but my problem is I can't access the internet with cm9 alpha 2. Webos works flawlessly. Any ideas on how to get internet working on cm9? I know there are apps like FXR but since the internet is not working I can't access it and don't exactly know how to sideload into android yet.

Hi, I don't even own a Touchpad yet (see previous post) but I found this which may be of use to you...

There's been some discussion on the Rootzwiki HP CM9 fourms with regards to issues about wifi - everything from ensuring your router uses Channels 1 to 6, ensuring you're using WPA encryption and if you have a dual-band router (2.4/5GHZ) to disable the 5GHz part. I downloaded Wifi Fixer from the Market and that worked for me as my TP with CM9 Alpha0.6 would disconnect after an hour (if your Wifi doesn't work in ICS try finding and downloading the .apk file using webOS). I am using Channel 1 and don't have 5Ghz and am using WPA2 but give Wifi Fixer a try. Currently Running CM9 Alpha2 and Netflix and YouTube work great.

Jez
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#11 silentmage

silentmage

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:37 AM

I was about to order a new Chinese tablet (Teclast) but then I read about the Touchpad. Looking on ########### it seems you can get one for similar money.

I like the sound of the build quality, dual core processor and that you can dual boot webos & ics (cm9).

I have read a couple of reviews which sound very positive.

Can anyone tell me whether you can plug in a usb stick presumably via an adapter cable?

Also is there any particular forum/Web page which is best for Touchpad?

Thanks
Jez

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

YOu need an OTG cable and something to give the stick power. The touchpad can't do power over USB. Most people use a powered USB hub to make it work.

Rootzwiki is the best place to go for the touchpad

#12 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

YOu need an OTG cable and something to give the stick power. The touchpad can't do power over USB. Most people use a powered USB hub to make it work.

Rootzwiki is the best place to go for the touchpad

Thanks for the info Silentmage.

Jez

Sent from my ZT ICS using Tapatalk

#13 Miss Dragon

Miss Dragon

Dragon Lady

• PipPipPip
  • 6,471 posts
  • LocationDragonDevs

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

Im the reverse Im actually finding webos clean and if it had more apps ( i did jail break it and install preware) i guess because I have so many android tablets its fun to play with another os

I agreed, actually the webOS is quite nice. ;)
Places can find me:

HERE

#14 bluekiwi

bluekiwi

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

i am currently on the alpha 2 build of ics, is it worth it to get the nightly updates?

#15 leeb

leeb

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:54 PM

I am completely speechless....
well,ok... not really. :p

Here I am fighting in vain (so far anyway) to get something newer than Gingerbread on my 'chinese junks' and

you'all have ICS running on a tablet that isnt even MADE anymore!!!

I KNEW I shoulda gotten one when they sold for $99...
but I was asleep at the pad. :(

/rant

:D

Edited by leeb, 03 August 2012 - 10:55 PM.