Android Tablets Forum banner

Ainol Novo 7 Aurora - Teardown - Components - Internals

83K views 89 replies 46 participants last post by  Kacab 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This thread is for the discussion of the Internal Components for the Ainol Novo 7 Aurora.
Link: Merimobiles.com - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora
[hr]

Video Coming Soon!

[hr]

Pictures

Output device Tablet computer Rectangle Gadget Computer monitor accessory
Communication Device Rectangle Portable communications device Gadget Laptop accessory
Communication Device Gadget Portable communications device Electric blue Multimedia
Gesture Mobile phone Communication Device Portable communications device Finger

Rectangle Communication Device Automotive lighting Gadget Portable communications device
Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic component Microcontroller
Circuit component Rectangle Gas Font Wood
Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Red Electronic engineering

[hr]

Chipsets

Motherboard: Novo704FC_E3_V02_111219
Capacitive Touchscreen Controller: Goodix GT801
Processor: AllWinner A10
Flash Storage: 2x Samsung K9GBG08U0A
RAM: 4x Hynix H5TQ2G83CFR
- http://www.hynix.com/products/computing/view.jsp?info.ramKind=19&info.serialNo=H5TQ2G83CFR&posMap=computingDDR3
Wireless: Realtek RTL8188CUS
- http://www.realtek.com/products/productsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=21&PFid=48&Level=5&Conn=4&ProdID=274
Battery Management: AXP209
Sound: ?

Rectangle Product Font Material property Magenta
] Purple Violet Pink Font Magenta
Rectangle Font Electric blue Signage Asphalt
Rectangle Font Magenta Pattern Signage
Font Rectangle Material property Symmetry Pattern
Font Automotive lighting Material property Red Rectangle
Product Circuit component Font Rectangle Gas
Font Rectangle Technology Pattern Magenta
Rectangle Font Magenta Electronic device Signage
Font Material property Rectangle Electric blue Display device
Passive circuit component Circuit component Audio equipment Electronic instrument Font
[/size]

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
#5 ·
I have had lots of experience with many chinese tablets...

The battery for this device is pretty strong... you can see in the internals pictures that is i HUGE in comparison to the device.
This device has the smallest most compact motherboard I have seen in a tablet and they used all of the extra space for the battery.

You have at least 4 hours, but I would say up to 6 or 8 depending on use.

Tasselhof

Reactions: sos4ever and dillos
#82 ·
I'm electronic engineer, and I can confirm: that symbol is for one diode, not for bluetooth. There is no BT symbol for PCB boards, for technical reasons!

About BT, if anyone knows how to install BT driver support on Aurora ICS 4.0.3 base 0.4 kernel 3.0.8+ with probably LG screen (don't know for sure, I had to wait all February one month to past...), I appreciate that help. I've rooted my ainol already, I've some linux experience too.
thankx.

#10 ·
Very Carefully

Basically the back panel is snapped on to the device... it is just a matter of carefully popping it loose... starting in a corner and working your way around.
I used a phone repair tool kit... and a guitar pick... but it was still pretty difficult to do.

Again do so at your own risk...

Taselhof

#18 ·
Dear MrTasselhof,

have you, by any chance, measured the dimensions of the battery? I am thinking about getting another one because mine is definitely not so strong as you describe. More over, on many forums I already read, that a lot of people having very short life span for Aurora while others (like you) report excellent battery life. My battery measured 1981 mAh while tech specs say 3700, the tablet only runs about 2-2.5 hours. I am thinking that the battery installed isn't really correct one (my tablet also weights only 310 grams which is 40 grams less that i specs - missing battery elements?) and want to buy another one but it's hard to do not knowing the dimensions. Can you help with this?

#19 ·
I have not measured the battery... but you can find pictures of it on the Internals thread.
You could get a rough estimate by measuring the outside of your device in relation to where the battery sits in the picture.

Tasselhof

#21 ·
Just did for you

11.00 Ounces
311 Grams
.687 Pounds

Tasselhof

#24 ·
Well... if we go to the pictures I posted...
It is soldered to the board.
Which is pretty much standard for all of the Chinese tablets I have dismantled.

Tasselhof

#27 ·
The Aurora is the clearly top of the heap for the Ainol tablets in the wild today.

Tasselhof

#28 ·
Hi All!

I've allready ordered my Aurora for my wife. She is pregnant, and i want to surprise her with this tablet. I don't only want to let her use as a tablet, but as an "extension" of a LED TV as well, like those so-called android tv-boxes.

It will be connected to the TV sometimes, and i'm searching for some kind of remote controller (wireless keyboard?) for it.
I know that this beauty doesn't have bluetooth, but maybe i can connect a wireless (radio) keyboard or mini keyboard like this: http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/280910675/Wireless_Keyboard.html . If it's possible, my wife (and me of course) could have a good tablet, and an android tv-box.

Did you tried to connect such devices to your Aurora? Do you have maybe some experiences with such wireless solutions?

If i don't find a suitable combination, i will use DroidMote over WiFi. The tablet as DroidMote-server and our android-phones as clients.

Thank you in advance!

Koko

#41 · (Edited by Moderator)
I've allready ordered my Aurora for my wife. She is pregnant, and i want to surprise her with this tablet. I don't only want to let her use as a tablet, but as an "extension" of a LED TV as well, like those so-called android tv-boxes.
Congrats on the incoming baby. Goodluck.

If you are looking for the tablet to use as an e-reader and in bed and other portable solutions, that's great go with this option. But if this doesn't do everything you are looking for on the TV you might try an Acer Revo.

It's a cheap PC alternative and it comes with Windows (yeah I realize this is a droid forum but this is a good unit) so you never need to worry about media format issues, easy connection to a home network for media sharing, plays 1080p great if you make use of hardware acceleration, and it comes with a wireless keyboard or mouse. I've had one for a little over a year and have been very happy with it as a HTPC and TV internet.

#32 ·
Okay so, when my aurora is turned off (sleep mode), I notice that every couple minutes it'll make a sound that "sounds" like i pressed the power button. (When you are in sleep mode, press the power button and you'll hear a small noise.) Well I constantly hear that every couple minutes. However, when I am using it, I don't hear it. Every time I hear that noise, I check it and notice that the screen isn't on or anything. It gets really annoying when it's quiet and that's all you hear. Has anyone else had this problem?

#33 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi All,
Aurora LCD display is the same the BlackBerry PlayBook.
Information found here, but I found the best photo BlackBerry. First photo Aurora, second BlackBerry.
And the proof.

Attachments

#43 ·
I think someone advised the audio chip is built in with the processor.
You may try searching for information about the AllWinner A10 processor and find the audio information with it.

Tasselhof

#47 ·
To tell the truth I was shocked. Sound is much better then I expected (tested only with a Creative Dolby headphone). I used the videos and mp3 which came with Aurora (by the way how can I copy them from Aurora? - from Win7 via USB I do not see anything on SD card), but i was surprised. Also tested with GI Joe Rise of the Cobra mp4 - I checked whether it is SPDIF or not (I saw only the light of the display through headphone hole...) - excellent sound and video quality, I like this 2160p player, automatically added the Hun subs with all special letters. wow. Also nice that when played the french song's mp3, you can switch off the display, it will continue the music. Once again: much better then expected.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.