In this post is a relatively basic .BAT script.
Download Link: Mediafire.com - Tasselhof-RootScript.rar
Alternate Link: DropBox.com - Tasselhof-RootScript.rar
This is a straightforward script.
It's sole purpose is to get your device rooted and provide the tools to verify it.
- Cleaned Up some extra unneeded files and added the Android Market App Upgrade from ContemptX! - Thanks!
I have added some options to Disable and Enable services to hopefully help with battery life.
**IMPORTANT PRE-CHECK LIST**
Connect your tablet using the OTG port (normal procedure)
- YOU MUST USE THE INCLUDED USB CABLE
Make sure USB Debugging is ENABLED
- Settings --> Applications --> Development --> USB debugging (Green Checkmark)
Make sure to check Device Manager to ensure that there aren't any devices with a yellow exclamation mark.
- Right Click on My Computer --> Manage Device --> Device Manager
Here is a link to a driver package I created... (not positive it contains the needed one for this device, but it is a good place to start)
- Download Link: Mediafire.com - Android-USB-MultipleDriverPack.rar
**FIX ANDROID DRIVER**
Just install and select "other device".
Plugin your device (make sure debug is enabled) and the driver will install.
Missing other drivers?
Turn off the device, then Plug in the device while holding Volume+ and tap the on/off button about 6 times.(Device will go into DFU mode)
Hope this helps
Extract the folder to ANY location you wish. (it is self contained)
You will be given the following prompt:
Make sure to enable USB Debugging on the tablet
- Settings -) Applications -) Development -) USB debugging (green checkmark)
1. Check Tablet Connection
2. Verify Tablet is ROOT Capable (with this script)
3. Run ROOT Script
***** ADDITIONAL OPTIONS - (ROOT REQUIRED) *****
4. Upgrade Android Market App
5. Disable Services to Increase Battery Life
- Phone, 3G, Bluetooth, Provision, VPN
6. Re-Enable All Services
7. Enable Only 3G Services
8. Enable Only Bluetooth Service
Choose Option (1 thru 9):
- It also installs the following programs: (don't worry if they are already installed)
* Root Checker
* Root Explorer
Option 5 Disables various service APKs to try to save battery life.
Phone.apk - (Requires Immediate Hard Power Off and Reboot)
Option 7 Re-Enables all of the above services except Bluetooth.apk
Option 8 Re-Enables only Bluetooth.apk
Watch the magic happen
Below is a Linux conversation created by eXell!
3 Copy 'adb' from you android sdk to extracted folder.
4 Run script
I tried it only on mac, but i think it must work in linux too. =)
Edited by MrTasselhof, 05 March 2012 - 12:14 AM.