• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 sxxdnne

sxxdnne

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationD/M/V

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:20 PM

Just wondering how many ppl in this forum have the t408 like myself... What hacks have you done to them? What hacks are you looking for?
Cruz T408-Rooted-Gapps Installed

#2 sxxdnne

sxxdnne

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationD/M/V

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:46 PM

Just wondering how many ppl in this forum have the t408 like myself... What hacks have you done to them? What hacks are you looking for?

I guess I'm the only T408 owner on here.... :-/

#3 lxskllr

lxskllr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:07 PM

This place has slowed down in general since the beginning of January. I dunno. I guess it's hard for people to maintain enthusiasm for $100 devices. This is the range the magic happens at though. A $400 tablet works great out of the box. The fun is getting the piece of junk to do tricks :^)

Posted Image

#4 Zzz73

Zzz73

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

This place has slowed down in general since the beginning of January. I dunno. I guess it's hard for people to maintain enthusiasm for $100 devices. This is the range the magic happens at though. A $400 tablet works great out of the box. The fun is getting the piece of junk to do tricks :^)

my friend spent almost $450 on his tab after buying the BestBuy insurance and all. he's pretty pissed with the ampunt my $88 tab can do now... LOL. i have noticed this thread has dropped to the same core of about 6 people now... =(
- Rooted/ROMed EVO 4G
- Rooted/GApp'ed VM Cruz T103

#5 KuumbaTech

KuumbaTech

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:35 PM

Hi all. I just got my T408 today and getting to know it. I followed the instructions on rooting it and it looks like it worked because I have the superuser icon in the app drawer. Then I tried to update the app market following the instructions that I found elsewhere. However I can't get the 3.4.4 update to run on my tablet. I get an error saying the file is not compatible with my device. Can anyone help me out and tell me where I went wrong? Thanks and I'm looking forward to using this device.

#6 lxskllr

lxskllr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:49 AM

Hi all. I just got my T408 today and getting to know it. I followed the instructions on rooting it and it looks like it worked because I have the superuser icon in the app drawer. Then I tried to update the app market following the instructions that I found elsewhere. However I can't get the 3.4.4 update to run on my tablet. I get an error saying the file is not compatible with my device. Can anyone help me out and tell me where I went wrong? Thanks and I'm looking forward to using this device.

I think you're in uncharted territory, at least as far as this forum is concerned. The T408 looks like it's fairly different from the T10x and T30x, and the instruction for the latter won't necessarily work for your unit.

Having SuperUser installed doesn't necessarily mean you're rooted. Probably the easiest way to check is to get a terminal emulator app, open it up, and type "su" or "busybox su" and see if you get a root prompt, which is designated by the "#" prompt.

Posted Image

#7 KuumbaTech

KuumbaTech

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:53 AM

Thanks for the info. I have access to another app market besides Amazon so I'll look for that terminal app and do as you suggest. Is there one that you recommend?

#8 KuumbaTech

KuumbaTech

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:55 AM

Also the video instructions I used were supposed to be specifically for the T408. Found it on Youtube.

#9 KuumbaTech

KuumbaTech

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:23 AM

Having SuperUser installed doesn't necessarily mean you're rooted. Probably the easiest way to check is to get a terminal emulator app, open it up, and type "su" or "busybox su" and see if you get a root prompt, which is designated by the "#" prompt.

I installed Terminal ID from the market and did as you suggested. I did get the # prompt. Now what?

#10 lxskllr

lxskllr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:42 AM

I installed Terminal ID from the market and did as you suggested. I did get the # prompt. Now what?

Google gave me this thread...

http://www.androidta...s-market-2.html

Check it out, and see if you can get the market going. I didn't read the whole thing, but be sure you do before you start. It looks like some people had issues, and it might be due to .apk versions.

Posted Image

#11 KuumbaTech

KuumbaTech

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:00 PM

OK, so far I've been able to get the market version 3.3.12 running on the tablet. However when I go to install 3.4.4 vesion it fails to install. There are also a few apps that won't install on this device either. Checking the market on the web, the Cruz shows up as "unknown Full Android on SMDKV210". Could that be the reason I can't download some apps?

#12 pamsparkle

pamsparkle

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:57 PM

I recently got a T408. So far, I like it, but I am an Android novice.

Now, I am looking for a case. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

#13 KuumbaTech

KuumbaTech

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:17 AM

To update my earlier posts, I was finally able to install the market build 3.3.12 on the Cruz. The newest version 3.4.4 still refuses to install and there are still many apps that say they are not compatible with my tablet. I am really trying to decide if I'm going to keep this thing or not.

#14 sxxdnne

sxxdnne

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationD/M/V

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:05 AM

I was able to get the 3.4.4 to work. As far as cases, I got a nice leather one from The Shack for $35. Looks real nice.

The only thing I noticed about 3.4.4 is that some apps come up imcompatible, but those seem to be root related apps. If its a app you really want, google the apk and download it. I did that with root check to make sure my root took. Worked fine for me.

Edited by sxxdnne, 04 February 2012 - 10:10 AM.

#15 KuumbaTech

KuumbaTech

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:02 AM

I was able to get the 3.4.4 to work. As far as cases, I got a nice leather one from The Shack for $35. Looks real nice.

The only thing I noticed about 3.4.4 is that some apps come up imcompatible, but those seem to be root related apps. If its a app you really want, google the apk and download it. I did that with root check to make sure my root took. Worked fine for me.

How were you able to get 3.4.4 to work? And what is root check?

#16 sxxdnne

sxxdnne

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationD/M/V

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:04 AM

How were you able to get 3.4.4 to work? And what is root check?

I googled the market 3.4.4 apk and downloaded it that way, and ran it. It said it would replace the other market version i have which it did and that was it. Root check is app that checks your root to see if its good.

you can try and use this to get the 3.4.4... this is the one i used. http://www.apktops.c...rket-3-4-4.html

#17 sxxdnne

sxxdnne

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationD/M/V

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:06 AM

As far as rooting a t408 i used gingerbreak....

#18 avguy19

avguy19

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

I own both the t408 and t410. Both work great. Use the instructions here(Http//cruzt408hacks.webs.com) to root the tablet and add market.Mke sure you follow all the instructions. I have added most of the google apps and they work very well with no crashes. Market has updated to google Play. Some apps will appear as incompatible with your device after searching thru market however if you load them from alternate sources they install and work great.
Some issues I have discovered. You cannot connect adb to your pc if you move apps to your sd card. Wifi mac address will disappear at times so you will not be able to connect to any wifi.
Fxr Wifi fix and rescue seems to correct the issue. These are great tablets and i hope to see more tips and tricks here to help us get the most out of these babies.

#19 eertw

eertw

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

I own both the t408 and t410. Both work great. Use the instructions here(Http//cruzt408hacks.webs.com) to root the tablet and add market.Mke sure you follow all the instructions. I have added most of the google apps and they work very well with no crashes. Market has updated to google Play. Some apps will appear as incompatible with your device after searching thru market however if you load them from alternate sources they install and work great.
Some issues I have discovered. You cannot connect adb to your pc if you move apps to your sd card. Wifi mac address will disappear at times so you will not be able to connect to any wifi.
Fxr Wifi fix and rescue seems to correct the issue. These are great tablets and i hope to see more tips and tricks here to help us get the most out of these babies.

I got everything up an running, but like you said allot of incompatible errors (just about everything i want to download). How are you loading them from alternate sources? Alternate from the Market, or just googleing the apk files?

#20 jamar roland

jamar roland

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

Yes!!! I used (Http//cruzt408hacks.webs.com) and I rooted my tablet T408 and installed google playstore. I now have HBO GO and my Verizon apps plus all the games that I could not get from the Amazon Appstore! Perfection. I actually did not use my computer for none of it. I went to the website and downloeded everything to the tablet itself.

Edited by jamar roland, 26 March 2012 - 01:22 PM.