• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dinsight3fl

dinsight3fl

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:30 AM

I have had my DX "hero tab c-9" for one week now and put it through many hoops and barrels. I find that the 2.2 android is very suitable for the use of this device.

Adhoc tether to my T-mobile comet is almost instantaneous when activated and works well. One might ask why I am using tethering as this device has 3G built in. I tried my T-mobile data SIM and all I can get is Edge connection. It appears that absence of the 1700 MHG frequency on the radio prevents T-mobile compatibility. Likewise, I purchased an AT T data SIM and had the same result; Edge speeds only. Again, though this device has many of the GPRS and 3G frequencies, it does not have the right combination for successful USA 3G on either T-mobile of AT T.

That having been said, it works admirably in many other ways except for USB connectivity. It was advertised on other tablet sites that using an OTG adapter in the lone USB port would provide USB connectivity. Wrong. It does not work. I have tried it with suitable adapters from DX and it does not work with any USB device I threw at it.

I will complete a full review and comparison to the recently released Dropad A8T that has very similar specs.

Edited by dinsight3fl, 22 January 2012 - 10:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users