Ly-706

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#81 jmdennis

jmdennis

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:34 AM

Download LY706.1.7.4.V1.7z[/url]1.9 firmware, i think, did not tryDownload E7002_firmware.zip, upload your files and earn money.1.9.1 firmware rootedflytouch_1.9.1_fast_and_furious.zipbill g.

I installed 1.9.1 and it worked just fine but when you click on any thing it opens and then closes right away. I have Chinese characters at the top of the screen and wanted to change these back to English but can not get the application I need to stay open long enough to make these changes. I look forward to updates that will hopefully fix this.

#82 whgarner

whgarner

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 11:09 AM

i would try reflashing, if this does not work try earlier firmware then factory reset. then retry firmware flash. local language can be reset using the settings when you press the menu key.bill g.

#83 whgarner

whgarner

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 11:29 AM

more random thoughtswhen i used the 1.9.1 firmware upgrade it came with setcpu 2.0.?, this would force close (fc) when attempting to change settings, i downgraded to setcpu 1.5.2 and no more fc, also running at 375mhz.pandora not really working, iheart, lastfm definitely not working.using audiomanager to adjust soundsadfree does work, but it will be unable to download "hosts" file to sdcard and place in /system/etc directory automatically. way around this is to manually download hosts and place in /system/etc using "esfilemanager" copy and paste, works great.bill g.bill g.

#84 showson1

showson1

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:53 PM

I installed 1.9.1 and it worked just fine but when you click on any thing it opens and then closes right away. I have Chinese characters at the top of the screen and wanted to change these back to English but can not get the application I need to stay open long enough to make these changes. I look forward to updates that will hopefully fix this.

I have this same problem of all apps and setting windows closing immediately.. it's like the back or home button is constantly being pressed.I'm going to try Bill's suggestion of flashing a previous version, factory resetting and then flashing 1.9.1 again.I'll post back with the results.

#85 showson1

showson1

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:56 AM

Well, I tried Bill's suggestions and even replaced the drivers folder from a ROM that does work on the LY-706 and can't get the "fast and furious" ROM to work on this unit.I have the same problem that others have, the apps close immediately.If there's something you have to tweak to get it to work I'd love to know what it is, because it does seem faster to open stuff..Thanks.

#86 whgarner

whgarner

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:51 PM

i bought my unit from focalprice although listed as ly706 they may have changed the key designations, i tried the e7002 firmware from above and the menu key did not work. i am currently using xflytouch 1.9_88 which is the best so far as performance is concerned. if it does not work for you i suspect my units' key are differently mapped with different drivers.Download xFlytouch256.1.9.88.v4a.7zps was able to get adb to work via wireless connection "adb connect (ip address):5555"ip address is address of unit ie 192.168.0.52 find it by going to wireless settings and tapping the wireless connection, no parentheses bill g.

#87 jmdennis

jmdennis

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:43 PM

Download xFlytouch256.1.9.88.v4a.7z[/url]ps was able to get adb to work via wireless connection "adb connect (ip address):5555"ip address is address of unit ie 192.168.0.52 find it by going to wireless settings and tapping the wireless connection, no parentheses bill g.

I found this on another posting and forgot that I tried it but it gets to the Android which I click on and it just goes back to it. Mine actually has the ly-706 on the back of my model so I will have to stick with the firmware for it. I heard great things about this firmware but my model will just not support it.

#88 showson1

showson1

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:31 PM

So far, the best rom (and one of only two that work) is the 1.9 ROM.I went ahead and rooted it, which worked fine, and tried to load the Google apps on it... which did not go so fine. :)I got the apps to show up, but the only ones I could actually use were Google Maps and the setup assistant - Gmail, Market and Voice all force closed on me.I'm pretty happy with this version, it's working as well as this device can work I suppose and I've been able to side-load everything I need on there so it's all good.For me, this is pretty much going to be an Ebook reader and "Kitchen Computer" that I can use to play music on, look up recipes, etc.I ordered the upgraded e7002 (with the HDMI) and, from what I've seen in the videos, I'm hopeful I'll be able to use that as my primary tablet device.

#89 jmdennis

jmdennis

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:56 AM

[quote name='showson1;74979]So far' date=' the best rom (and one of only two that work) is the 1.9 ROM.I went ahead and rooted it, which worked fine, and tried to load the Google apps on it... which did not go so fine. :)I got the apps to show up, but the only ones I could actually use were Google Maps and the setup assistant - Gmail, Market and Voice all force closed on me.I'm pretty happy with this version, it's working as well as this device can work I suppose and I've been able to side-load everything I need on there so it's all good.For me, this is pretty much going to be an Ebook reader and "Kitchen Computer" that I can use to play music on, look up recipes, etc.I ordered the upgraded e7002 (with the HDMI) and, from what I've seen in the videos, I'm hopeful I'll be able to use that as my primary tablet device.[/QUOTE'] I did a search on ########### for this model you are buying and it is not that bad considering what I paid for mine. I think I will just use mine for some time until the price comes down and they have the latest or a later version of Android on them. I would like to see hot it compares to the one I have though. I know it will be faster but it will be interesting to see just how much.

#90 whgarner

whgarner

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:34 PM

i found this for ly706http://www.slatedroi...tml?pagenumber=bill g.

#91 nanofx

nanofx

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:12 AM

Hi all. I have problem with ly 706 i upgraded ly with LY706.1.7.4.V1 everything worked fine, but then i tried mix 1.9.8-1.9.1 after this firmware i can upgrade with flytouch and orphan m0007 rom but not with LY706.1.7.4.V1 orphan and flytouch rom work but buttons not funcioning i cant unlock menu. Help plz. How to mod fly touch or oprhan rom to buttons work or suggestions to make install ly rom? srry bad english

#92 whgarner

whgarner

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:41 PM

Hi all. I have problem with ly 706 i upgraded ly with LY706.1.7.4.V1 everything worked fine but then i tried mix 1.9.8-1.9.1 after this firmware i can upgrade with flytouch and orphan m0007 rom but not with LY706.1.7.4.V1 orphan and flytouch rom work but buttons not funcioning i cant unlock menu. Help plz. How to mod fly touch or oprhan rom to buttons work or suggestions to make install ly rom? srry bad english

sounds like you will have to try different roms to see what works try one of these in the rom development section of this boardbill g

Edited by mrsburnout, 21 July 2011 - 09:03 AM.
Fixed formatting.

#93 nanofx

nanofx

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:26 PM

Fixed. thnx for help anyway

#94 danilshop

danilshop

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:58 AM

Hi everyone! tell me how to sew LY-706? what program?

#95 hunter7384

hunter7384

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:13 PM

will this application works on our ly-706 slate? http://www.slatedroi...ud-android.html coz i really want to convert it to windows 7..

#96 knfhrv

knfhrv

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:20 PM

halois there a firmware for this product that support hebrew?i got the 1.82 and it's does not, that makes the product of not much use to me.can anybody direct me to a firmware that support it or help me make the necessary changes in my firmware.....please

#97 wwwwww717

wwwwww717

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:34 AM

HI Guys,
I am New here,
my a pad is working fine and the gooogle market is also working>LY(MID)-706-1.9.88v4a  ,but the only concern is my default video player is not playing MKV,FLV,AVI  it is playing only mp4 format...please suggest can i add any kind of codecs or any script need to change.please suggest. thanks.

#98 razorblade23

razorblade23

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:22 AM

dude seriously?! i tried almost 15 FW's only eken seems to install correctly, but buttons and screen doesn't work.. already tried, M001, M002, M003 .. 001 n 002 seems to fit best.. but still no buttons that work except for power button;; so CANT GET IN TABLET because cant unlock screen..!!!

GRRR , i'm searching and installing FW's for 2 days now!!! every version the same *oops!, screen locked, only power button works !!! what is this crap???

#99 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,098 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:44 AM

dude seriously?! i tried almost 15 FW's only eken seems to install correctly, but buttons and screen doesn't work.. already tried, M001, M002, M003 .. 001 n 002 seems to fit best.. but still no buttons that work except for power button;; so CANT GET IN TABLET because cant unlock screen..!!!

GRRR , i'm searching and installing FW's for 2 days now!!! every version the same shit!, screen locked, only power button works !!! what is this crap???

Please calm down and refrain from the profanity. Have you tried this one yet?

From reply #15 in this thread: http://www.slatedroi...dpost__p__33173

thanks a lot

mirror script_mid706_seller.rar

Edit: I see you got it fixed. :yahoo:

http://www.slatedroi...post__p__209358

everyone!!! i got it fixed!! with M002 firmware, seems that my tab was 128MB..

on our own slatedroid forum I found GT743_Android_2.0 FW ; this one worked for me!! buttons still not work, but power is unlock and touchscreen WORKS perfect!!

Edited by mrsburnout, 21 July 2011 - 02:37 PM.
update

YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers ;)

#100 gryus

gryus

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:54 AM

I need know the firmware of LY-706 update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users