Android Tablets Forum banner

How to root apad

13K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Yeahha 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. I bought an apad that came with V5.1 Rogerbraun firmware already installed on it and wondered if it had been rooted. I asked mp4_nation and they said it had been since it had the custom firmware on it. The problem is, I've tried the overclock apps in the market and they aren't working. I tried terminal emulator to verify if it was rooted and it told me access was denied. So I'm assuming it isn't. Iif someone has already posted how to root, I apologize. If so, if someone could link to it, that would be great. The reason I'm wanting to root it is, I have the 600mhz rockchip in it, but when I try watching streaming video online, it seems to slow down and speed up. I'm assuming because the processor can't handle it. I've killed all apps running in the backgrond and it hasn't helped. Any tips other than rooting would help. Thanks.

#3 ·
update. i know that my apad is indeed rooted. so if anyone knows a good program to overclock the cpu, that would be awesome. i tried setcpu, but it doesnt seem to work. tried manually entering a setcpu.txt file in the sd root and inputing the frequencies, but no luck. any tips?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.