Pandigital Star

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 hopsing

hopsing

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:05 AM

Just got my hands on a Pandigital tablet and the only way I was able to root it was with the Z4Root routine. Idid not run into any issues and it performs nicely. Wondering if anyone has been able to get the market to work on this tablet? The GoJar is very limited in apps. Battery life hovers around 4 hours decent and that was continous usage viewing two movies. I am curious is others have used a different method to root the Star. Note this is the black version. Hopsing

#2 coreyboy

coreyboy

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

I have star and went to you tube for advice rooted pretty easy

#3 hopsing

hopsing

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:15 PM

I finally got it rooted but had a lot of trouble finding the file. Thanks for answering me on your experience. Hopsing

#4 mr. jaguar

mr. jaguar

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:20 PM

just got a star, rooted it and added google apps, now busy working on tweaking it. the one thing I need that I'm not finding is a way to change the device type or a modded vending.apk so I can download all the apps from google play. mine is saying my device isn't compatible with most stuff.

pat

#5 ChopperChez

ChopperChez

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:41 PM

just got a star, rooted it and added google apps, now busy working on tweaking it. the one thing I need that I'm not finding is a way to change the device type or a modded vending.apk so I can download all the apps from google play. mine is saying my device isn't compatible with most stuff.

pat

What vending version did you flash? I have all Gapps for 4.0.4 but unsure if I can use them for this group. And did you flash in recovery?

#6 mr. jaguar

mr. jaguar

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:35 AM

What vending version did you flash? I have all Gapps for 4.0.4 but unsure if I can use them for this group. And did you flash in recovery?

I installed 3.3.12, 4.0.4 didn't work. I didn't flash it, I just installed the apk's in the right order. do any of you know if any kind of development is being done for this tablet, or am I stuck with the stock kernel?

#7 donmega

donmega

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:36 AM

just got my star and can not seem to be able to download z4root anywhere. Amazon app store will not allow me to download the app im very confused how did you folks do the root if i do find z4root online somewhere can i simply add it to my sd card and run the app from there ? will this work on my star my version shows 2.2.1 in the z4root notes it says it will not work on 2.2.1 so that confuses me also. Any help would help thanks in advance

#8 jop-pandigital

jop-pandigital

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:44 AM

just got my star and can not seem to be able to download z4root anywhere. Amazon app store will not allow me to download the app im very confused how did you folks do the root if i do find z4root online somewhere can i simply add it to my sd card and run the app from there ? will this work on my star my version shows 2.2.1 in the z4root notes it says it will not work on 2.2.1 so that confuses me also. Any help would help thanks in advance

I bought a used Pandigital Star yesterday at a pawn shop for $40. Already have it rooted using z4root. I also could not get it to download completely via the Amazon App Store, so I had to sideload it from Mediafire. The download and root went smooth as silk after that. I also have 2.2.1 and z4root worked just fine.

I then followed the instructions in the below link to get Google Apps and Android Market on it.

Google Apps & Android Market Installation Instructions

Now for installing Adobe Flash Player... but from what I've read I don't think I'm going to luck out with that one as I did with the others. Has anyone got Flash Player working with the Star?

I really don't know what to think of the Star. It's cheap and it's Android... but that's just about it.

#9 Mas123

Mas123

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

My Star will not let me connect to the firm ware update server.

#10 onislash

onislash

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:24 PM

http://www.srsroot.com/ ALL YOU NEED TO ROOT IT!! after hours of trying everyting else. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users