• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 lartomar2002

lartomar2002

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:17 PM

I have 3 questions. Will Titanium Backup Pro not let you backup to the external sd card ie, /mnt/sdcard2/? I changed the backup location to that location but, it backed up to /mnt/sdcard/. If I did not do something right and you can backup to /mnt/sdcard2/ will there be a problem with it being deleted when I stop and restarted the Gtab like it does with video and audio? If I want to experiment with another Rom and I have to do the "Wipe data/Factory reset,Wipe cache partition,Advanced > Wipe Dalvik cache" will that delete the the Titanium Backup on the /mnt/sdcard/TitaniumBackup? Thanks

Asus Transformer Infinity TF700 32gb unlocked, rooted, CROMI-X 5.3a
Viewsonic G-tab (BL1.2 ROM) SmoOth Bean 1.5.2
Acer Iconia a100 Rooted and Unlocked bootloader. Just in case I want to install a custom Rom:D
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced
Nothing left in my right brain! Nothing right in my left brain!

#2 TEK112

TEK112

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:32 AM

I have 3 questions. Will Titanium Backup Pro not let you backup to the external sd card ie, /mnt/sdcard2/? I changed the backup location to that location but, it backed up to /mnt/sdcard/. If I did not do something right and you can backup to /mnt/sdcard2/ will there be a problem with it being deleted when I stop and restarted the Gtab like it does with video and audio? If I want to experiment with another Rom and I have to do the "Wipe data/Factory reset,Wipe cache partition,Advanced > Wipe Dalvik cache" will that delete the the Titanium Backup on the /mnt/sdcard/TitaniumBackup? Thanks

You should be able to set Titanium to backup to wherever you wish. Just double check what the exact path is as different ROMs may call the external memory a different thing.

To stop it from tanking your media on reboot you need to place a ".nomedia" file in the directory where you keep the files. This will stop it from deleting them.

Follow these steps to create one:

Download ES File explorer (its free)
Install and open it
Navigate to the folder you want to exclude (remember it propagates down e.g. if you place it in the root of SD then the whole of SD is excluded including all the sub-folders)
Press Menu and select "new"
Select "File"
Call it .nomedia

These steps were taken from t0ska @ XDA

The sdcard should not be touched when performing a factory reset in clockwork. It will be destroyed if you change the partition or format the sdcard. To be cautious you could always copy the titanium folder from your tablet to your pc or have it sync with dropbox to avoid accidental deletion.
DROID Paraphernalia:

G-Tablet - Team DRH ICS

Moto DROID - Retired - Steel Droid 10

Galaxy Nexus - AXI0M PATIENT ZERO - Franco Nightly Kernel

If you really want to thank me, sign up for Dropbox!

Looking for Tablet Firmware? GET IT HERE

#3 lartomar2002

lartomar2002

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:56 PM

You should be able to set Titanium to backup to wherever you wish. Just double check what the exact path is as different ROMs may call the external memory a different thing.

To stop it from tanking your media on reboot you need to place a ".nomedia" file in the directory where you keep the files. This will stop it from deleting them.

Follow these steps to create one:

Download ES File explorer (its free)
Install and open it
Navigate to the folder you want to exclude (remember it propagates down e.g. if you place it in the root of SD then the whole of SD is excluded including all the sub-folders)
Press Menu and select "new"
Select "File"
Call it .nomedia

These steps were taken from t0ska @ XDA

The sdcard should not be touched when performing a factory reset in clockwork. It will be destroyed if you change the partition or format the sdcard. To be cautious you could always copy the titanium folder from your tablet to your pc or have it sync with dropbox to avoid accidental deletion.

Thanks for all of your answers.. I have synced with Dropbox in the past but I do not know how to move it back, I only found out after that the sync is one way. Do you know how to do it? I Thanks

Acer Iconia a100 Rooted and Unlocked bootloader. Just in case I want to install a custom Rom:D
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced

#4 TEK112

TEK112

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:40 PM

Thanks for all of your answers.. I have synced with Dropbox in the past but I do not know how to move it back, I only found out after that the sync is one way. Do you know how to do it? I Thanks

To my knowledge it does not sync both ways. Think of it as off-site storage in case you need to go nuclear and clear it all or lose, damage your device.
DROID Paraphernalia:

G-Tablet - Team DRH ICS

#5 Xopher

Xopher

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

Open dropbox, select the Titanium Backup folder, copy it back to your device.

You can then either manually move the folder to where Titanium is looking for it, or change the folder location in Titanium. For me, it has been much easier just to move files to where Titanium expects them.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams..."

#6 TEK112

TEK112

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:52 PM

You can then either manually move the folder to where Titanium is looking for it, or change the folder location in Titanium. For me, it has been much easier just to move files to where Titanium expects them.

This will work. However, just make sure that you are on a stable wifi connection before you attempt to do it. Personally, I would use USB to take most of the risk out. There is a higher chance of corrupting dating and since there is no good way to generate a md5 and verify it, you really won't know what got lost in translation.
DROID Paraphernalia:

G-Tablet - Team DRH ICS

#7 lartomar2002

lartomar2002

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:29 PM

Do I move the Titanium Backup folder which contains 3 files,properities,.tar.gz and .apk.gz or only one of the files? Thanks

Ainol Novo 7 Advanced

#8 TEK112

TEK112

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

Do I move the Titanium Backup folder which contains 3 files,properities,.tar.gz and .apk.gz or only one of the files? Thanks

The main titanium backup folder found at /sdcard/titanium back. That should have a heck of a lot more files than 3. There should be one file for every app you have backed up.
DROID Paraphernalia:

G-Tablet - Team DRH ICS

#9 lartomar2002

lartomar2002

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:29 AM

The main titanium backup folder found at /sdcard/titanium back. That should have a heck of a lot more files than 3. There should be one file for every app you have backed up.

Sorry for the confusion. I was talking about the Titanium Backup files in Dropbox. With in the Titanium Backup folder two of the files are zip files, tar.gz and apk.zip and they both contain many files.

Ainol Novo 7 Advanced

#10 TEK112

TEK112

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:22 PM

Sorry for the confusion. I was talking about the Titanium Backup files in Dropbox. With in the Titanium Backup folder two of the files are zip files, tar.gz and apk.zip and they both contain many files.

Here you go. Taken from:

http://matrixrewrite...- Technical FAQ

36. What does the Dropbox sync do ?
In the typical case, it's a one-way sync from your phone to Dropbox.
You can opt to either sync all your backups, or all backups that are associated to a custom colored label of your choice.

37. How can I restore my backups from Dropbox if my SD card failed or my phone got stolen ?
With Titanium Backup 3.6.4 (or above):
If your backup folder is empty, then with you can simply hit the "Sync with Dropbox" button to download all backups from Dropbox back onto your phone.
With older Titanium Backup versions:
Do not use the "Sync to Dropbox" button now: it's a one-way sync and would erase your Dropbox files because you have no backups on the phone.
You need to copy the "TitaniumBackup" folder back from Dropbox onto your SD card:
On a computer, login to Dropbox on the web
Click on the "TitaniumBackup" folder
Click on "Download folder".
Extract the ZIP file that you just downloaded.
Move the resulting "TitaniumBackup" folder from your computer onto your SD card
Make sure USB mass storage is disabled (ie: your phone is disconnected from the computer)
Launch Titanium Backup and it should see your backups.

38. I have the PRO/Donate version but I see "Dropbox => NO" in the Titanium Backup main screen. Why ?
You need to hit MENU -> Preferences and then enable the Dropbox feature.
DROID Paraphernalia:

G-Tablet - Team DRH ICS

#11 Xopher

Xopher

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:22 PM

There are usually multiple files for each application. They can contain the app itself, along with the data associated with the application. You can usually choose to restore the application by itself, or with the data as well.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users