1. Following the instructions on the Cruz site update your stock T301 to Froyo.
2. Go to http://androtab.info...c/clockworkmod/ and read a little and download the appropriate recovery fro your machine. For the T301 it is presently T301-recovery-signed.zip. Get this onto your sdcard and rename it to update.zip. If you want to keep your original froyo update.zip rename it first.
3. Following the same instructions as you did to install the Froyo update (hold power and volume+) launch the stock recovery and it will install clockworkmod. Yay !!!!!
4. Now, go back to http://androtab.info...c/clockworkmod/ and a little further down from where you found the T301-signed-recovery.zip you will see Superuser,su and busybox for JZ4760 Froyo. Download that and put it on your sdcard. No need to rename it now.
5. Reboot holding down the power key and volume+ and you will end up in clockworkmod.
6. Choose Install zip from sdcard/choose zip from sdcard/and locate your zip file. Mine is Superuser-3.0.7-bb-mips32-froyo.zip. Select it and let it install. When it finishes your tablet will be rooted (su installed, Superuser app installed and busybox installed) SLICK!!!
Now my droogies you have a rooted Froyo tablet ready for you to experiment with. It looks like you can forgt all those battles with SDK and issuing abd commands, etc. Life just got a lot easier thanks to _FUN!
Oh... I might add that now you can make a backup of your rom using clockworkmod so, if in messing around with things you break something, you can just restore your backup with all the apps, etc. When a custom rom shows up and you want to try it, backup your present rom first and then load the new one (using clockwork mod) and if it isn't good, put your old one back. This is so great !!!
Edited by enigma0456, 07 January 2012 - 02:06 PM.