Photo

T301 and T100 series recovery and root - easy.

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 enigma0456

enigma0456

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:12 PM

So if you haven't been following the thread with _fun developing a clockworkmod recovery here is the interesting stuff for everyone including noobs. I have a T301 but from what I've read this will work on the T100s too.
1. Following the instructions on the Cruz site update your stock T301 to Froyo.
2. Go to http://androtab.info...c/clockworkmod/ and read a little and download the appropriate recovery fro your machine. For the T301 it is presently T301-recovery-signed.zip. Get this onto your sdcard and rename it to update.zip. If you want to keep your original froyo update.zip rename it first.
3. Following the same instructions as you did to install the Froyo update (hold power and volume+) launch the stock recovery and it will install clockworkmod. Yay !!!!!
4. Now, go back to http://androtab.info...c/clockworkmod/ and a little further down from where you found the T301-signed-recovery.zip you will see Superuser,su and busybox for JZ4760 Froyo. Download that and put it on your sdcard. No need to rename it now.
5. Reboot holding down the power key and volume+ and you will end up in clockworkmod.
6. Choose Install zip from sdcard/choose zip from sdcard/and locate your zip file. Mine is Superuser-3.0.7-bb-mips32-froyo.zip. Select it and let it install. When it finishes your tablet will be rooted (su installed, Superuser app installed and busybox installed) SLICK!!!
Now my droogies you have a rooted Froyo tablet ready for you to experiment with. It looks like you can forgt all those battles with SDK and issuing abd commands, etc. Life just got a lot easier thanks to _FUN!

Oh... I might add that now you can make a backup of your rom using clockworkmod so, if in messing around with things you break something, you can just restore your backup with all the apps, etc. When a custom rom shows up and you want to try it, backup your present rom first and then load the new one (using clockwork mod) and if it isn't good, put your old one back. This is so great !!!

Edited by enigma0456, 07 January 2012 - 02:06 PM.

#2 darkkarma10

darkkarma10

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:50 AM

This worked awesome. For some reason When using ADB I wasn't able to keep SU but this was extremely easy. Just excited now for the custom rom to come out.

#3 fun_

fun_

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:01 PM

This worked awesome. For some reason When using ADB I wasn't able to keep SU but this was extremely easy. Just excited now for the custom rom to come out.

if you can please tell me which model are you using.
http://androtab.info/

#4 austii

austii

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:02 AM

T301

its work great i use clockworkmod recovery method with my t301 .

ad after that i used root explorer 1.7.2.0 for remove bloat
- ASTRO
- Borders eBooks
- Cruz Market
- Cruz Sync
- Dr. Eye
- eBuddy
- Facebook Mobile
- Office Suite
- Twidroyd
- Napster
- Tablet-8.apk (Userguide)

and after a used root explorer again for copy and paste the apk PUSH GAPPS, MARKET & EXTRAS

To do this:
In Root Explorer, copy the apk file you want to put in /system/app
Navigate to the /system/app directory
Tap the Mount R/W button on the top right
Tap Paste
Scroll down to the pasted apk, long press on it and select Permissions (you'll see 9 check boxes when you do this)
Check the Read and Write buttons for User, and only the Read boxes next to Group and Others, then tap OK (once you're done, the read/write permissions under the app name should be the same as all the other apps listed (rw-r--r--))
Reboot.

REAL THX But Now Just excited too for the custom rom to come out.

#5 darkkarma10

darkkarma10

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:05 AM

Sorry About that. I have the T301. Was able to flash CWM very easily and then install the SU, SuperUser and Busy Box. I haven't come across any problems except with SetCPU crashing randomly.

#6 4eyes

4eyes

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:20 PM

My thanks too. This is what I needed after a lot of frustration with the ADB method. My last formal programming class was in Fortran IV with punch cards on an IBM 360 mainframe. I'm out of my element in the developers environment. When I read "compile", my brain goes black screen and I have to reboot. This technique I can do. I think austii's approach could be used to load the dalvik turbo, also. Just a speculation on my part. Thanks again.

#7 HeshBeatboxFill

HeshBeatboxFill

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

please help ... I lost access to the recovery on my cruz t103. both the adb recovery and power/vol+ .I still have access to adb shell. any help pushing original recovery files or will that not work? where can i find orig files

Edited by HeshBeatboxFill, 11 January 2012 - 10:53 AM.

#8 fun_

fun_

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:34 PM

please help ... I lost access to the recovery on my cruz t103. both the adb recovery and power/vol+ .I still have access to adb shell. any help pushing original recovery files or will that not work? where can i find orig files

thank you for your report!

please make sure you have T103, which can apply official 2.2 update.zip. then, this is 3rd report about "it doesn't work!". I'm sure previous ver. of CWM for T100 worked. now I realized latest one doesn't work. I'll fix this issue.

for now please reflash stock recovery. please do one of following commands,
"flash_image recovery /system/recovery.cpio.img.bak"
or
"mv /system/recovery.cpio.img.bak /system/recovery.cpio.img" then reboot once.

--
if you(all people who are using CWM) have a report about my CWM, please tell "me". I want to use my time to do development work. I don't want to use my time to find a report...

thank you for your cooperation!
http://androtab.info/

#9 achillspirit

achillspirit

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:25 AM

Need help, thank you in advance.

I have a Cruz T301 Tablet. I recently followed the steps as outlined above. I downloaded to sd card and "installed" the clockworkmod recovery program. That was loaded with no problem.

Then, I downloaded to sd card and "installed" Superuser,su and busybox for JZ4760 Froyo program. This went well, too.

Lastly, I rebooted the Cruz tablet and everything came up as normal except that I now have a "Superuser" app link on my screen. I can touch the icon and the program starts. It gives me the option to buy Elite version but crashes when I attempt to follow that link.

So, now I just have a few questions:

- What can I do with the superuser feature?
- Where can I find instructions on how to actually use this new feature?

Thanks

#10 NottaCruzza

NottaCruzza

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:26 AM

Superuser is not something you use. It is a authorization level that will allow you access to more of your phone and to be able to use apps that require root permission. You really need to do a quick Google search so you understand what you have done.