NATPC M009S

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 reaper668

reaper668

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:25 AM

I have just received one of these and so far I am really impressed with it.

#22 stod

stod

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

Took delivery of NATPC M009S just 4 days ago. I like it but have two problems.

Initially I was able to connect to my WiFi system (using a Linksys Router) and to the Internet. However, now I cannot connect to the Internet. It simply reports "WiFi disconencted" and tells me that my Router is out of range (which clearly it is not).

The tablet is running Android 2.3.4. My Samsung mobile runs Android 2.3.3 and that connects with no problems.

I have tried switching off the Router but no joy. My SSID does not have any spaces in it.

I have deleted the reference on the tablet to the Linksys router and re-entered all the details (it found the router as soon as I switched WiFi on).

Currently the tablet is unusable and I am desperate to find a solution. Can anyone help please.

#23 muttonchop73

muttonchop73

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

I've just upgraded mine to ICS 4.0 using the instructions on the Amazon discussion forum. Really nice OS although a few apps no longer work, the worst offender being BBC iPlayer. Standard browser almost unusable but Opera works great! I also sourced a spare power supply on ########### - very useful 8)

Alatidl,

Thanks for your post. Where is the amazon discussion forum you mentioned? I have looked but not found it. The link would be useful, please.

Also how are you getting on with ICS? Is it worth the effort? Which other apps don't work apart from BBc iplayer? Are these ones that use flash?

Thanks,

Muttonchop73

#24 anastasei

anastasei

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:21 AM

I haven't been able to connect this device to my PC.

The PC is Windows 7, and when the Android tablet is plugged in with a USB cable, three removable disks show up in My Computer, but none of them can be opened. A message box suggests that Windows has recognised a few removable disks (which must mean the Android memory, because no actual pen-drives etc. are plugged in) with green ticks next to them, and recognises that an Android device is there but has a red cross next to that one.

The tablet didn't seem to come with any drivers to install and I haven't been able to find any for this specific model (the NATPC M009S) online. Is there some generic driver for Android devices I can use, or is there something else I have to do?

#25 domuk

domuk

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationLondon uk

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

Hello guys i have a review site all about the NATPC M009S in my links pages you can find some useful resources for rooting and upgrading this tablet.
Hope this helps visit http://natpc-review.com/

#26 Ganondorf

Ganondorf

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

Hello guys i have a review site all about the NATPC M009S in my links pages you can find some useful resources for rooting and upgrading this tablet.
Hope this helps visit http://natpc-review.com/

I just rooted this tablet via UnlockRoot and it caused a whole bunch of problems with it (e.g. some apps disappeared, took ages to boot up, etc.) so I unrooted it and I have other strange problems now. In storage, it reports that I have 2 internal storages - one that's ~30MB and contains all the system apps and a 5GB where everything else goes. Every time I download an app from the market, (I assume) it tries to install to that 30MB system file storage as it always tells me I have no space to download it. I then click on "manage apps" and it redirects me to that 30MB storage file list. In order to combat this, I used the SDK development option that allows you to install apps to a Micro SD card. If I did this, it would actually install them to the 5GB internal storage, but only for apks I had downloaded on my PC and placed on the storage - if I downloaded anything from the market it would tell me I had insufficient space. Also, every time I power it off and then back on, it acts as though it has been through a factory reset, as all downloaded apps are uninstalled and it brings up dialog boxes like "welcome home" and "swipe left and right" in the apps menu. I'm a massive n00b to Android and I'm scared I might have permanently messed it up..

#27 domuk

domuk

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationLondon uk

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

Alatidl,

Thanks for your post. Where is the amazon discussion forum you mentioned? I have looked but not found it. The link would be useful, please.

Also how are you getting on with ICS? Is it worth the effort? Which other apps don't work apart from BBc iplayer? Are these ones that use flash?

Thanks,

Muttonchop73

There is an update that adresses some of the above issues :
Another reviewer mentioned Slatedroid and an update called Singularity. I contacted Wendy and she Okayed this update. Details below. Carried out this update today and all problems above resolved.

http://173.255.228.138/~rogercalver/ – if you get a problem with a certain
version, just download another and try that. (Beta V2 is the best at the
moment)

Unzip it to a computer and then transfer the “FirmwareInstall” folder and
the “wmt_scriptcmd” file (and these two ONLY) on to a blank, formatted
(FAT32) memory card.

Insert the card and turn the tablet on – it should automatically update and
you will be asked to remove the card when it is finished.

Once that is completed, you may need to follow these instructions also -

http://www.asianfone...read.php?t=2228

#28 Nottingham Dave

Nottingham Dave

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:25 AM

Hi Everyone

I've just bought a NATPC MOO9S from Amazon with latest version 4 (ice cream sandwich) OS and 8g memory. Also bought keyboard and 32g SD card as it was such a good deal.

First problem is rubbish user manual, obviously written for an earlier version, and by someone who's first language is not english. Tablet opened up in Chinese, and it took two of us to some time to get language changed to English.

Second, I connected keyboard and managed to connect tablet to my WiFi OK, but tablet will now only open to password that I used to connect WiFi. This would be OK if there was an on screen alphanumeric keyboard, otherwise I have to keep keyboard connected all the time. Anyone know if there is onscreen alphanumerics, who how to get one?

Third I cannot work out how to upgrade with the new 32gig SD card. Anyone know how to do this?

Cheers, any help appreciated.

#29 John S

John S

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:05 AM

Good to hear your upgrade works. I got one of these (NATPC 009S) via Amazon in March, no instructions but have worked things out, put in 16gb MicroSD card, wasn't sure if 32gb would work. Mine is 2gb version, so far no problem - may look to upgrade to 4.0 ICS myself. John

Hi - you should find the forum links at the bottom of the reveiw section on Amazon.

#30 jacmat

jacmat

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:47 AM

Just bought my first tablet which is NATPC M009S Capacitive Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and already have made a mistake.
Yes I am a android & tablet virgin and find all the techno language very difficult.
Need to learn and quickly.

My 1st mistake - accidently changed the language from English to another and can't get it back, had it for 5 mins before I cocked up.

numpty, i know, but a trier

#31 west2er

west2er

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:40 AM

I bought the natpc ics Rtb 16gb off amazon from wendylou. Very pleased with item and seller. Having a couple of old htc android phones it was very easy to get the hang of and fast in comparison. Has anyone flashed a custom recovery yet?

#32 hefs

hefs

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:05 AM

Hi,
I bought one of these last week for my sons birthday and mainly to be used to play games like Angry birds etc. I downloaded 4 or 5 games from Android Market on the tablet but they all run in slow motion. Does anyone know the reason for this and if there is anything I can do? Someone mentioned it could be the version of flash not being compatible, but surely basic games like BMX Boy should be playable? I am a total novice when it comes to this so any help would be greatly appreciated as currently my son is not overly impressed with his main birthday present !!!
Thanks

#33 west2er

west2er

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:36 AM

Have you tried fast reboot from google play to clear all background programs and see if they run better

#34 stephen0205

stephen0205

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:51 AM

mines came this morning, works a treat shame about the screen tho

Posted Image

that was from amazon

#35 domuk

domuk

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationLondon uk

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:32 AM

mines came this morning, works a treat shame about the screen tho

Posted Image

that was from amazon

That looks faulty advise you return it or you could try flashing it.
get links for support on my site in my profile.

#36 stephen0205

stephen0205

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:22 PM

thanks dude but returned it, was even happening when just charging and not on so not a rom issue i think. New one coming next week. Was quite happy with the build quality of the device very sturdy. Teh buttons on it were crap tho, large and clunky. prefer the buttons on my novo 7

#37 easternhammer

easternhammer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:28 AM

Bought the NATPC M009S 8GB Capacitive Android 4.0 (ICE CREAM SANDWICH) , 7" , 1.6 GHz Super Slim Android Tablet PC with Responsive Capacitive Screen - Everything is working on it and I have full connection to 40mb speed broadband but there is a tremendous amount of delay on the speed that the browser is working. I constantly get the message Browser Delay Wait or Cancel.

This didn't happen when I first bought it over a month ago, but now does it all the time. The device is still all on factory settings I and I have only downloaded a couple of apps from google play

#38 matttyr

matttyr

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:59 AM

Has anyone managed to root this using the singularity rom? is this the best rom for this tablet? Am a relative newcomer to android, having only ever rooted a scroll tablet before...

#39 moonfish

moonfish

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:08 AM

Has anyone managed to root this using the singularity rom? is this the best rom for this tablet? Am a relative newcomer to android, having only ever rooted a scroll tablet before...

I bought one if these for my wife. The 16GB version thou. Nice bit of kit for the price. Anyway, just wanted to say it comes pre-rooted with ICS :)

#40 knet2020

knet2020

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

Hello All,
I got the NATPC M013RTB 10.1" Capacitive Android Tablet PC from Wendy Lou (via Amazon)

This unit has been returned as it's faulty (the on screen keyboard) but I had a quick play before I get a replacement unit.

The machine is rooted (I imagine all similar versions are too) you can easily verify this by downloading Superuser App

Read here: http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=682828

The specs are:

1GB DDR III / 8gb NAND Flash - upgradeable by Micro SD memory card (max 32GB)
Android 4. 0 - ICE CREAM SANDWICH
CPU : All Winner A10 - 1.2GHz
GPU: Mali 400 MHz dedicated Graphics Processor
Genuine UK Android Market
5 point multi touch capacitive resolution 1024 x 600
802.11 b/g/n
1 x Micro SD slot, 1 x AC Jack, 1 x 3.5mm Earphone Jack, 1 x Mini USB, 1 x Full size USB, 1 x HDMI out

The details are:

Model Number : BC1077
Android Version : 4.0.3
Basebandversion: 0.5
Kernel Version: 3.0.8+ jackie@ubuntu #33
Version: Crane_bc1077-eng 4.0.3 IML74K 20120407 test-keys

Therefore: i think it is a clone of Protab2XXL
NATPC M013RTB 10.1" Capacitive Android Tablet PC

WIP: http://natpcx.wikidot.com