• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ultimatealex001

ultimatealex001

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:35 AM

here is how to install the android market and google apps to your arnova 9 G2
i belive this also works for all G2 devices and possibly all other devices althogh i have not tried please let me no
EDIT:- now updated to market 3.1.3 and file is now in zip format
this worked for me, you do not need a rooted device

download this:

Click here to downloads the Files

download and extract the .zip and save the files onto your device, place in the downloads folder or somewhere you will remember, use the file manager to navigate to the folder and install the apps in this order

-1.Google Services Framework

-2.OneTime Initializer

-3.Setup Wizard

-4.Talk

-5.Gmail

-6.Vending

1) After installing all the Google Market files go try to login to Gmail. You will get an error, don't worry you are ment to
2) Now go into settings and manage apps. Click on Google framework. Clear the data if you have the option also the cache
3) Do the same thing for Gmail and clear the data if you have the option also the cache
4) turn of and on again.
5) DON'T launch the market but launch Gmail and login. It should work.
6) Now you can launch the Market.
if you follow exactly it will work
FAQ
1) how do i extract it: right click and press extract
2) how do i skip the ad?: press skip ad in top right
3)cant loginto gmail: uninstall all the apps you have just installed, restart device and try again,
4) still cant login uninstall all the gapps, factory reset and try again

please dont moan about adfly, its selfish

Edited by ultimatealex001, 24 February 2012 - 01:36 PM.

arctablet.com- Roms, Guides, problems, for archos and arnovas

#2 master65

master65

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:15 AM

Just done mine and it works fine, thank you ;)

#3 chippydc5

chippydc5

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:20 PM

relly need some help with getting the full market on my 9 g2 as iv done the download from the link but i have no idea how to extract .RAR files and witch ones to put on the tablet etc please help

#4 markied66

markied66

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:32 AM

I'm sorry if I'm sounding stupid but your instructions do not mention having to download software only a rar.file. By clicking on your link it takes you to a download page where you download some "Download" software, skip that "AD" and your taken to another page wher you are given the choice of downloading some other "Download" software.

Do you have a link straight to what your talking about or can you add instructions on what to download and from what download site.

Cheers.

Very confused (Not a pay by click person)

#5 Grahalex

Grahalex

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:59 AM

I have succesfully installed this software and got on to Android market with 2 previous Arnova 9 G2's both of which I had to return because of problems. Now I get a fully working Arnova and after doing the same as I did on my other 2 I get an error message when trying to log on to Gmail " Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server " I have retried this several times with no luck. Please can someone help.

#6 Lorraine

Lorraine

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:11 PM

Hi, We have tried to install this but are having the same problem with the Gmail account. Now it can't be logged into at all on the tablet although it is possible to log in on a laptop. Please help?

#7 Grahalex

Grahalex

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:39 AM

I have managed to log onto Gmail now. I uninstalled the 6 apps and did a factory reset, put them back on and it worked.

#8 louise101

louise101

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

i have just tried to apply this to my arnova 9 g2 but it does nt work i have followed all the steps but i go to click onto android market and it says "forced closed" doesnt even load what am i doing wrong

#9 seanyboi

seanyboi

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

i have just tried to apply this to my arnova 9 g2 but it does nt work i have followed all the steps but i go to click onto android market and it says "forced closed" doesnt even load what am i doing wrong

I'm getting this same problem, everything goes to plan until I get to the point to open market app, but it just force closes. Tried turning off/on and clearing markets app data.

Not sure what else to try now.

#10 dmagee

dmagee

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

I'm getting this same problem, everything goes to plan until I get to the point to open market app, but it just force closes. Tried turning off/on and clearing markets app data.

Not sure what else to try now.

Hi guys

Why don't you install Ics! On your tablet with full Google Play Market.

At Freaktab there is a great Rom just been done for your tablet

http://www.FreakTab....hread.php?t=862
Arnova 9G2 ICS - Full Root with Google Play - ROM V1.2 by Finless

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2

#11 AlbertE

AlbertE

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

Hi guys

Why don't you install Ics! On your tablet with full Google Play Market.

At Freaktab there is a great Rom just been done for your tablet

http://www.FreakTab....hread.php?t=862
Arnova 9G2 ICS - Full Root with Google Play - ROM V1.2 by Finless

I read somewhere that ICS on the G2 was not that great, still a lot of work needed, i would like to test it but I have the 10 G2, but, why dont use ArcTools for market install?

#12 dmagee

dmagee

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

I read somewhere that ICS on the G2 was not that great, still a lot of work needed, i would like to test it but I have the 10 G2, but, why dont use ArcTools for market install?

Visit the freaktab website there are some great Roms for the 10g2.. Including the latest Gingercomb with Clockwork recovery built it. Forget the Arctools, all the roms on there have Google Playstore built in :rolleyes:

#13 RobGee789

RobGee789

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

has anyone got this working ???

#14 RobGee789

RobGee789

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

i tried to get this to work but i get a problem when my gmail account tries to sync and when i click the market it closes straight away and says the android system has stopped working any idea how to fix this