• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 worlock

worlock

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:48 AM

Hi

I have spent few days to make Ainol Novo 7 Advanced working with 3G dongles. It works well with Huawei K3520, E1750 and E160G. Maybe this tutorial is trivial, but I did not find many information about connecting 3G USB dongle to Ainol tablet PC.

What I did (you should do):

1. Put your 3G dongle to modem only mode (Apply command AT^U2DIAG=0 using any terminal). I have used Hyper terminal
2. Disable PIN request from SIM card.
3. 3G dongle "must" be unlocked? I am not sure is that necessary, but for unlocked dongle worked well and for unlocked dongle Novo7 Advanced requested network unlock code.
4. Connect your Ainol with dongle. Enable mobile network and create APN. (For your country (MCC, MNC) and mobile operator (APN url) you will find necessary data)

When you connect USB 3G dongle with Ainol signal icon becomes gray and additional icon appears (3G or E) gray as well. When you create and assign APN your USB modem will connect and icons are become green.

If you add/ create new APN before modem is connected you will not see it in the list. List of APNs is empty until you connect 3G modem!

I have used Hyper terminal http://www.hilgraeve.../hyperterminal/ because I have Windows Vista. Windows XP users have build in terminal.
For Huwaei unlocking I have used Unlocker.
Link for MCC and MNC: http://mcclist.com/

I have tried APN manager but ainol crashes when I try to connect via APN provided by APN Manager.

I have Ainol Novo 7 Advanced with 1.8. Ainol is rooted and "full market enabled" but i believe that is not necessary?

Edited by worlock, 02 January 2012 - 10:10 AM.

#2 Raphel

Raphel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:40 AM

was crazy looking for information about 3g thanks!

#3 khermaw

khermaw

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:06 PM

I am using Huawei E220 3G Dongle, just plug in, wait around 3 minute, voala , connected to 3G Network.
I don't setting or customize anything.

Regards

#4 amitri

amitri

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

Thanks for great info, worlock. 3G dongles worked for me on 2.0t - Huawei E173 and ZTE MF100.

#5 patolucas

patolucas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:01 AM

Hi,
I have got an Huawei K3520 (unlocked by IMEI) but I can't do the first step 1. Put your 3G dongle to modem only mode (Apply command AT^U2DIAG=0 using any terminal). When I connect the modem, hyperterminal requests a phone number to connect. I've looked for this problem in google but without succes. Can anybody help me?

Thanks

#6 worlock

worlock

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:55 AM

Hi,
I have got an Huawei K3520 (unlocked by IMEI) but I can't do the first step 1. Put your 3G dongle to modem only mode (Apply command AT^U2DIAG=0 using any terminal). When I connect the modem, hyperterminal requests a phone number to connect. I've looked for this problem in google but without succes. Can anybody help me?

Thanks

If you use HyperTerminal try these steps:
1. Run HyperTerminal.
2. Give some name to connection.
3. Choose your modem from dropdown list and click OK. (Ignore messages about wrong number and click cancel)
4. Go to file -> properties and set ASCII, windows keys and Echo for input characters.
5. type AT then press ENTER (modem responses with OK)
6. type (or copy paste) AT^U2DIAG=0 then press ENTER (modem responses with OK)

Some Android versions do not need modem only mode and you can try to connect it without that step?

#7 patolucas

patolucas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

If you use HyperTerminal try these steps:
1. Run HyperTerminal.
2. Give some name to connection.
3. Choose your modem from dropdown list and click OK. (Ignore messages about wrong number and click cancel)
4. Go to file -> properties and set ASCII, windows keys and Echo for input characters.
5. type AT then press ENTER (modem responses with OK)
6. type (or copy paste) AT^U2DIAG=0 then press ENTER (modem responses with OK)

Some Android versions do not need modem only mode and you can try to connect it without that step?

Heyeyey thanks a lot...works great.

#8 alc112

alc112

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:00 PM

I have a ZTE M626 3g dongle.. do you think it'll work? by the why, I can't find anywhere that app called hyperterminal. can someone provide me link?

#9 patolucas

patolucas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:07 PM

I have a ZTE M626 3g dongle.. do you think it'll work? by the why, I can't find anywhere that app called hyperterminal. can someone provide me link?

The link is in the first post.

#10 Mjhieu

Mjhieu

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationVietnam

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:02 AM

I'm looking for the list of 3g usb dongles that work with novo 7 advance. I found it here, thanks you guys :yahoo:
Nexus 7 Wifi 32 gb with Mostley Kernel 1.6ghz cpu 520 mhz gpu under Cm10.1 Fusion 4.8
Novo 7 Venus/Fire/Aurora
Haipad M7 - C8 owner
Samsung Galaxy Note 2

My Site

#11 Nappa

Nappa

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:06 AM

Hi, i've used your tutorial and everything worked fine, except that after I configured the apn i don't see any 3g or h icon ! the cell bar are ok but there is no data connection! what can I do?

PS: I have a huawei e1750 unlocked and the apn is correct (I've tried it on a pc and it worked fine)

#12 skudero01

skudero01

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:55 AM

Thanks a lot

#13 worlock

worlock

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:37 AM

Hi, i've used your tutorial and everything worked fine, except that after I configured the apn i don't see any 3g or h icon ! the cell bar are ok but there is no data connection! what can I do?

PS: I have a huawei e1750 unlocked and the apn is correct (I've tried it on a pc and it worked fine)

- Is cell bar green? It is green when connection is established. On the modem should light blue light.
If you do not have data connection in browser - i do not have idea what is wrong.

- If it is grey - then connection is not established. On the modem is blending blue light. You should enable mobile network in settings and choose right APN (select your APN active)?

#14 Nappa

Nappa

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:51 AM

cell bar are not green but white (also on wifi, when it's connected it's white).
I'm using this firmware : http://www.slatedroi...e-update-20-v3/ and i read that there could be a little less 3g key compatibility but seems thate the e1750 works.

i don't know what to do .... :(

#15 Akram

Akram

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:42 AM

Thanks for great info, worlock. 3G dongles worked for me on 2.0t - Huawei E173 and ZTE MF100.

you said u make ZTE MF100 Works

i have Ainol Novo 7 Basic Honey Comb 3.2

how did u do it?
i tried but AT command
give me OK
but AT^U2DIAG=0
give me Error

my USB is Locked to a the Etisalata Egypt . may be this is the reason for the error
how to unlock the USB modem??

plz help me

#16 worlock

worlock

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:46 AM

cell bar are not green but white (also on wifi, when it's connected it's white).
I'm using this firmware : http://www.slatedroi...e-update-20-v3/ and i read that there could be a little less 3g key compatibility but seems thate the e1750 works.

Check next:
1. If your modem lighting green (continuous) it is connected to 2G network
2. If your modem lighting blue(continuous) it is connected to 3G network
3. Try to send SMS using GO SMS app.

This will help you to eliminate connection issues. If modem connection is OK try to investigate internet connection using different applications (browser, Gmail...). Good luck.

#17 hardstep

hardstep

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:18 PM

Huawei E173 and Huawei E1820 works with firmware 2.0.4(2.0T) and 2.0v3.
E173 also works with firmware ICS 4.0.3(14 jan 2012), E1820 with ICS not tested.
E173 not works in firmware ICS 0.131.
command AT^U2DIAG=0 puts modem into "modem only" mode. may be it's not necessery, I checked E1820 and E173 in "modem + CDROM+card reader"(just from the box) mode and it works with 2.0v3 firmware.
type "AT" without quotes in terminal. if you will see reply "OK" - you have a connection to modem. type AT^U2DIAG? to see current mode of modem.

3. 3G dongle "must" be unlocked? I am not sure is that necessary, but for unlocked dongle worked well and for unlocked dongle Novo7 Advanced

it's not necessary.

Edited by hardstep, 18 January 2012 - 02:19 PM.

#18 amitri

amitri

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:12 PM

you said u make ZTE MF100 Works

i have Ainol Novo 7 Basic Honey Comb 3.2

how did u do it?
i tried but AT command
give me OK
but AT^U2DIAG=0
give me Error

my USB is Locked to a the Etisalata Egypt . may be this is the reason for the error
how to unlock the USB modem??

plz help me

Don't know your APN info, perhaps your modem should be unlocked first. Tested and unlocked ZTE MF100 in Windows.
Used standard Join Air (ZTE) software and DC unlocker 2 client - http://www.dc-unlocker.com/ - for unlocking.
Never used HyperTerminal in Novo7. Just disabled Wifi to test 3g.

#19 sga

sga

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:17 AM

Hi

I have spent few days to make Ainol Novo 7 Advanced working with 3G dongles. It works well with Huawei K3520, E1750 and E160G. Maybe this tutorial is trivial, but I did not find many information about connecting 3G USB dongle to Ainol tablet PC.

What I did (you should do):

1. Put your 3G dongle to modem only mode (Apply command AT^U2DIAG=0 using any terminal). I have used Hyper terminal
2. Disable PIN request from SIM card.
3. 3G dongle "must" be unlocked? I am not sure is that necessary, but for unlocked dongle worked well and for unlocked dongle Novo7 Advanced requested network unlock code.
4. Connect your Ainol with dongle. Enable mobile network and create APN. (For your country (MCC, MNC) and mobile operator (APN url) you will find necessary data)

When you connect USB 3G dongle with Ainol signal icon becomes gray and additional icon appears (3G or E) gray as well. When you create and assign APN your USB modem will connect and icons are become green.

If you add/ create new APN before modem is connected you will not see it in the list. List of APNs is empty until you connect 3G modem!

I have used Hyper terminal http://www.hilgraeve.../hyperterminal/ because I have Windows Vista. Windows XP users have build in terminal.
For Huwaei unlocking I have used Unlocker.
Link for MCC and MNC: http://mcclist.com/

I have tried APN manager but ainol crashes when I try to connect via APN provided by APN Manager.

I have Ainol Novo 7 Advanced with 1.8. Ainol is rooted and "full market enabled" but i believe that is not necessary?

Worlock, this is slightly off topic, so just let me know if I should not post this here. I'm considering getting an Ainol Aurora tablet. It says there are similar Huawei USB dongles supported for it (as for the Ainol Advanced). I'm in the US, and I wonder if other "USB sticks" will work. For instance, a T-Mobile Rocket. These T-Mobile usb sticks require the 1700/2100 bands for data. Will this stick work with an Ainol tablet? Is there software required on the tablet itself to make these sticks work, or is it possible that the stick itself contains all software, and thus these other ones might work? Thanks so much.

#20 gigikent

gigikent

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

@ Nappa I have the same problem. My Huawei E1750 worked with Android 2.0 but now doesn't work with 2.0v3. The 3g dongle is connected but i don't have internet.
Please let me now if you have resolved this issue. thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users